Sponsored

2019 Orders in Canada

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Got my lift in yesterday too, love the way it turned out

3C5F1806-D96D-4639-B58E-871A6473DC90.jpeg
Oh yeah, that looks sweet! Well done. Sorry to hear you also have the cluster failure too. I hope you get it resolved by the dealer. If it happens to me it'll be a cluster f*ck.
Good Lord, your first pic is backwards! I guess you really didn't like the before!
Sponsored

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Finally! Picked her up yesterday. Wow, what a great Jeep. After a long drive back to Ottawa via secondary highways to adhere to break-in speeds, I can only describe the steering and front end as wallowing and wandering. I guess it's because the Rubicon is a "lifted" truck on large tires that there's so much "mushiness". Sure demands a lot of steering inputs.
20190305_145123.jpg
20190305_145211.jpg

Did you believe this!!
20190305_143357.jpg

Chrimel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford focus
Hey all, I’m new to the forums.
I went to my local Chrysler dealership at the end of January to buy a 2019 wrangler unlimited rubicon, there was nothing with the options I wanted nearby so the build was sent off to the factory, over a month later I finally get the call that it arrived today, only to be told that it had a soft top, I wanted the hard top and thought that came standard... but after looking at the exterior options I see there are 2 options for tan premium sun rider soft top, 1 for black premium soft top, and 1 for black Jeep freedom hard top... this seems abit confusing to me... and I feel like my sales lady should have known about this and made it clear to me. Maybe I’m wrong? But so far from what I have seen/ heard, it seems unheard of to order only a soft top in Canada... she is now trying to sell me another rubicon that has all the options I wanted and the Navc 8.4in screen, which she said she’d cover most of the cost for, anyone with a similar experience or suggestions? I’m pretty much at the point of going to another dealership to just start the build over and wait another month and a half... very disappointed.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I went to my local Chrysler dealership at the end of January to buy a 2019 wrangler unlimited rubicon, there was nothing with the options I wanted nearby so the build was sent off to the factory, over a month later I finally get the call that it arrived today, only to be told that it had a soft top, I wanted the hard top and thought that came standard... but after looking at the exterior options I see there are 2 options for tan premium sun rider soft top, 1 for black premium soft top, and 1 for black Jeep freedom hard top... this seems abit confusing to me... and I feel like my sales lady should have known about this and made it clear to me. Maybe I’m wrong? But so far from what I have seen/ heard, it seems unheard of to order only a soft top in Canada... she is now trying to sell me another rubicon that has all the options I wanted and the Navc 8.4in screen, which she said she’d cover most of the cost for, anyone with a similar experience or suggestions? I’m pretty much at the point of going to another dealership to just start the build over and wait another month and a half... very disappointed.
Welcome! Yeah, if you were ordering I think she should have gone over the top options with you. Or at least confirmed what you'd get. I say bite the bullet and go with another order for exactly what you want. They're building them pretty fast now. If you order a 2.0L, FCA has an incentive on those for March where they're taking $3,000 off. That's huge. But make sure you research your prices and get as close to invoice as possible, if not below.

Last edited:

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Finally! Picked her up yesterday. Wow, what a great Jeep. After a long drive back to Ottawa via secondary highways to adhere to break-in speeds, I can only describe the steering and front end as wallowing and wandering. I guess it's because the Rubicon is a "lifted" truck on large tires that there's so much "mushiness". Sure demands a lot of steering inputs.
20190305_145123.jpg
20190305_145211.jpg

Did you believe this!!
20190305_143357.jpg
Congratulations! Good looking vehicle. :like: Looks like your patience paid off waiting until March for better pricing and financing incentives. I was down in St Catherines yesterday and felt the full effect of the steering wandering on the QEW with the winds off the lake adding to the mix. I never felt unsafe though as others have stated, just had to pay good attention. The decal should be an easy replacement under warranty.

Sponsored

Gbart

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
I also found that salespeople don't have in-depth knowledge of Wranglers and the options, and how particular owners can be about those options. :) To a lot of them a roof is a roof and so on. Sounds like the salesperson really wants to move the other Jeep though so if it meets all your needs/wants and the NAV 8.4C is the only thing standing in the way then I'd say push her a bit to make a deal. So far I'm really liking the NAV 8.4 in my JLU.

As "Fastmover" said, do your research. There are incentives out all the time. Also, there is the FCA Advantage Plan which gives discounts if you work for a qualifying company. The list is extensive of companies that qualify and even if your company is somehow a subsidiary of a company on the list you could also qualify. I googled the list and found one on this link: https://www.ontariochrysler.ca/employee-pricing.htm .

Have fun.

Dsposte

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Bikini Pearl
Hello all, I am new to the forums and have a question for the group. We ordered a Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (Bikini Pearl) and I was told by my dealer salesman that our order has been given a VIN as of today.
Does this mean that it has started the build phase or is just in the queuing part to be build?

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all, I am new to the forums and have a question for the group. We ordered a Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (Bikini Pearl) and I was told by my dealer salesman that our order has been given a VIN as of today.
Does this mean that it has started the build phase or is just in the queuing part to be build?
Welcome! Kingston! My parents lived there and had a cottage on Simcoe Is. I'm in Ottawa.
Nice colour too. I'd love to see that. I believe you're now in the queue to be built. How FCS prioritizes the queue is anyone's guess. Ask your dealer for your build status. When it hits D1 all the parts required for your Jeep's build are available and it could be built very soon thereafter. Check out my thread in the "Tracking" section to follow its delivery progress in Ontario.

Dsposte

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Bikini Pearl
Welcome! Kingston! My parents lived there and had a cottage on Simcoe Is. I'm in Ottawa.
Nice colour too. I'd love to see that. I believe you're now in the queue to be built. How FCS prioritizes the queue is anyone's guess. Ask your dealer for your build status. When it hits D1 all the parts required for your Jeep's build are available and it could be built very soon thereafter. Check out my thread in the "Tracking" section to follow its delivery progress in Ontario.
Thanks for the information, I am trying not to drive the dealership crazy by asking what is going on. Once I get the jeep i will post some pictures of it as there does not appear to be too many around of the jeep and the new colour.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Getting the VIN is registering your order in their computer and documenting what you ordered. If you mean build, like it is starting to be put together, then no. D staus is next where parts are being allocated and assigned to your VIN/VON, in other words ordering parts. D1 means get ready, hold on, here we go, kind of.
Nobody knows how each vehicle is sequenced into the assembly line but there are three codes E (chassis), F (paint) and G (trim). There are three on-site vendors that build the frame, the chassis with engine/transmission/suspension and one that paints it. Jeep only does the trim phase where it is put together. If everything goes well it hits I inspection. There if they find issues it goes back for repair. Then maybe JB where it goes for certain accessories to be added such as floor mats or sill plates.
The point where it gets exciting is KZ, invoiced and assigned to shipper. Depending where you live it is railed or trucked to you when they have transportation available for it. Some people have waited 6 to 8 weeks for this phase.
So if you are a patient person you can just forget that you ordered and wait for a call from the dealer to come pick it up. Otherwise check with Jeep Chat until it is built and the dealer while it is in transport. Good luck.

Sponsored

Tdymond

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLRU
I’m also placed an order in Kingston on April 1 for a rubicon unlimited. When did you order and did you receive it yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Hello All. First time Jeep owner here.
Ordered my Sting Grey Rubicon on April 5th/2019.
Dealer just sent an update April 17th/2019 - it's currently in Paint.

Will keep this thread updated with build progress and delivery time.

Order Details
2019 JLUR | Sting-Gray | Body Color Flares | Leather | Black Hardtop | 3.6L | Cold Weather | Tow Pkg | LED Group | Steel Bumper Group | Alpine Sound |

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Sorry if it's been discussed before, I didn't read through this whole thread, as I'm newish to the forums. Are we able to track our builds like the US based customers? I just placed my order this week, but no VON or VIN yet. They weren't sure if FCA would accept the order, but today I was told they had.

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
Sorry if it's been discussed before, I didn't read through this whole thread, as I'm newish to the forums. Are we able to track our builds like the US based customers? I just placed my order this week, but no VON or VIN yet. They weren't sure if FCA would accept the order, but today I was told they had.
VIN can be provided by your dealer. They also have the ability to track the status.

Most Canadians haven't had good luck with Jeep Chat. I got lucky and got a guy who provided my status earlier this week even tho I gave him my Canadian VIN and address. So it looks like it's random and depends on which person you get on Jeep Chat.

Driznik

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL
Any word on whether there are certain parts / options holding up orders at this point? The steering damper issues I'm seeing on other forums?

Ordered my 2 door Rubicon on Apr 30 and while I've got a build sheet I'm being told it sounds like they're waiting on parts .... I just can't get an answer on what.
Sponsored