Sponsored

I need help with my ordering. Jeep says they cant give me what I want.

masterxace

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
First off - Hello - First post, Hopefully not my last.

So without the long backstory... I placed an order for a jeep 2 weeks ago for an All white 19 rubicon. Every option on the website. Fast forward to today and the dealer tells me they only started the order yesterday. Today he gets a reply back saying they cant build it with the turbo 4cyl and I would have to wait til the next allocation cycle. From what I read the 2020 ordering wouldn't be til june/july. Sooooo what is this allocation cycle they speak of? I am just at a loss at this point. Buying an new vehicle has been such a massive hassle with trying to do dealer trades, a jeep dealer cursing me out in another state, and now with not being able to just order one at my local dealer, I am thinking maybe its a sign to just back out altogether. Help put my mind at ease @JeepCares maybe can explain this or someone in the know?
Sponsored

apprweb

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley, Toyota, Mercedes, Porsche, Ford
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I has a similar time last year, wanted to order a 2019 Rubicon with all options and sky top. 5 different dealers said they could not order and I finally found a dealer after 30 days that said they could order. After the confirmed order with a VON, it took another 12 weeks to deliver, just got it last week.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers get allocations they can order (number they can place) and times they can place them in. It's not that you have to wait until the 2020 order banks, just for that dealer to be able to place an order again. Normally they have a rough idea of when that will be. Has happened to me a few times over the last 4 years.

OP
OP

masterxace

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Dealers get allocations they can order (number they can place) and times they can place them in. It's not that you have to wait until the 2020 order banks, just for that dealer to be able to place an order again. Normally they have a rough idea of when that will be. Has happened to me a few times over the last 4 years.
So would walking into another dealer solve my issue? Maybe one that is less popular but willing to make the same pricing deal? Fun fun rollercoaster it has been so far.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
So would walking into another dealer solve my issue? Maybe one that is less popular but willing to make the same pricing deal? Fun fun rollercoaster it has been so far.
Have you looked at the preferred dealer’s list here on the forum? The best deal you’re going to get is by ordering from one of those. Since they make their business ordering units, I’m sure making a call to one of the many sales folks listed in the thread can answer your question. The 2.0L shouldn’t be an issue since it’s good margin for FCA to sell you one.

FYI, when I ordered mine, based on folks posting here, everything was on allocation - no steel bumpers, no LED headlights, no 6-speed manual...blah, blah, blah. We worked with one of the preferred dealers from the forum, saved a ton of money, and got all the options that were “not available”.

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
First off - Hello - First post, Hopefully not my last.

So without the long backstory... I placed an order for a jeep 2 weeks ago for an All white 19 rubicon. Every option on the website. Fast forward to today and the dealer tells me they only started the order yesterday. Today he gets a reply back saying they cant build it with the turbo 4cyl and I would have to wait til the next allocation cycle. From what I read the 2020 ordering wouldn't be til june/july. Sooooo what is this allocation cycle they speak of? I am just at a loss at this point. Buying an new vehicle has been such a massive hassle with trying to do dealer trades, a jeep dealer cursing me out in another state, and now with not being able to just order one at my local dealer, I am thinking maybe its a sign to just back out altogether. Help put my mind at ease @JeepCares maybe can explain this or someone in the know?
Contact Marco at Ourisman Jeep or Julius at Criswell Jeep, both in the Maryland DC area. They are both doing 8% below invoice on orders (best numbers in the country right now) and will let you know if it's possible/restriction status, as they both do massive volumes. So, you'll get the best possible deal on a factory order while getting the best chance of open allocation. Go to the recommended dealer page for contact info, and email/call them directly. You can do it all via email.

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
Contact Marco at Ourisman Jeep or Julius at Criswell Jeep, both in the Maryland DC area. They are both doing 8% below invoice on orders (best numbers in the country right now) and will let you know if it's possible/restriction status, as they both do massive volumes. So, you'll get the best possible deal on a factory order while getting the best chance of open allocation. Go to the recommended dealer page for contact info, and email/call them directly. You can do it all via email.
Farrish is going 8% under and was offering a $500 accessory credit for the MOPAR catalog as well...ask for Gerry or Tony if you call and mention Ron Benedict and they'll take care of you as well. Can't go wrong with any of the three mentioned above.

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
Agreed, may want to look at a different dealership. I got mine in Conway AR, 6% below and military rebate. The good thing about traveling to get your Wrangler, is you can break in the engine on the way back.

If it were me I'd shop around.

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
I can also recommend Craig Benner at Koons just outside of DC - I think they're at 7 or 8% off invoice right now.

You are only a 2-3 hour drive from a few different dealers who give better deals on wranglers than 90% of the rest of the country has access to. This shouldn't be hard. I drove 1000 miles to pick up my Ram from Craig.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
The dealers that move more vehicles get more allocations. Highly recommend checking out some of the dealers mentioned on the forums. Heck of a buyer's market right now in the DC/Baltimore area.

Sponsored

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
I can also recommend Craig Benner at Koons just outside of DC - I think they're at 7 or 8% off invoice right now.

You are only a 2-3 hour drive from a few different dealers who give better deals on wranglers than 90% of the rest of the country has access to. This shouldn't be hard. I drove 1000 miles to pick up my Ram from Craig.
I would also recommend Craig at Koons. From order to arrival in 23 days.

The order was via email so you wouldn't even have to drive down to place he order.

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
I would also recommend Craig at Koons. From order to arrival in 23 days.

The order was via email so you wouldn't even have to drive down to place he order.
Craig is a great guy. I think the 8% there was only valid on 2018 models.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Keep in mind that OP is coming from Pennsylvania, so Maryland would be the better choice, especially as the Virginia doc fee is $699 compared to Maryland's $299. That's nearly a full percent on a base Rubicon.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If it is a sold order they can order it any time and should have been ordered the next day. Sounds like the dealer was trying to order it as dealer stock which they can only do once a month plus at times they are restricted on what they can order for stock. There can also be restrictions on sold orders at times if the factory is back ordered on certain items.

Last edited:

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Unless your price is right, I'd consider the above posts. A 2 month wait with an extra few grand in your pocket it much more tolerable.
Sponsored