Sponsored

AFE Power exhaust 2.0 JL video clip (Mach Force-XP Hi-Tuck Axle-Back Exhaust System)

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
nice. I have the high tuck muffler delete kit by AFE. its loud when its warming up but once it "kicks down" it is nice and mellow. Then obviously comes to life when you get on it.

Tier1Gear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Unlimited Wrangler
nice. I have the high tuck muffler delete kit by AFE. its loud when its warming up but once it "kicks down" it is nice and mellow. Then obviously comes to life when you get on it.
I’ve been considering this exact delete. Would you be able to post a video with the sound on startup or moving?
Feel any difference in power?

thanks!

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I’ve been considering this exact delete. Would you be able to post a video with the sound on startup or moving?
Feel any difference in power?

thanks!
I did quite a few performance mods all at one time, so i cant say this kit provided any gains. I trust their numbers online. I used to work for Borla Performance a million years ago. Almost every kit provided gains over stock kits except for exotics and Corvettes. those kind of vehicles have already been maximized for gains.

I'll go get a video right now. However, the mics in cell phones usually do not have enough dynamic range to capture the whole sound spectrum. give me 5 min.

Sponsored

Tier1Gear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Unlimited Wrangler
I cant seem to get it to play on my laptop or iPhone...

Do you like the sound over stock? I haven't been able to get used to the Prius sound with the stock exhaust on the new Jeeps lol

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.

Do you like the sound over stock? I haven't been able to get used to the Prius sound with the stock exhaust on the new Jeeps lol
I recorded it on a Samsung and played it back on a PC, i had no problems. I do know that Apple uses different compression for video, so that may be an issue.

Knowing i was going to use the straight pipe (while waiting for its shipping), i took the stock muffler off. Its the same tone but the droning noise was greater because the end of the pipe was right under the cabin of the vehicle. You could try the same thing to get an idea of the tone. I am still contemplating wrapping my exhaust to maybe deaden the sound but its not bad. As long as you get an exhaust with a "flow-through design", they will have generally the same tone, just maybe different resonation frequencies.

Keep in mind, the V6 and 4cl use the same exhaust. as far as i can compare the tone is about the same. its never going to sound like a V8... something more like a racing lawnmower. lol

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.

I think this is a fair sound clip. it sounds better than their muffled kit.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I had to compress the video to get it to upload. (Samsung Note 20 Ultra)

Overall I like AFE, have always been pleased with their products
Man thanks for the video, how’s it sound while driving around town and the highway?

Sponsored

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Man thanks for the video, how’s it sound while driving around town and the highway?
Its not bad at all. While cruising it is really mellow if you can hear it at all. And it doesn't drone in the cab like you would think. The tone is great when you get on it. Remeber, this kit leaves the factory resonator that is on the intermediate pipe. Its not big but its still there.
Sponsored