Sponsored

Quake LED releases Jeep JL Plug & Play DRL Halo Switchback Turn Signal Headlights & Fog Lights

danelizer

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Well my Quake LED head and fog lights had a lot of RF interference on fm radio frequencies. Mostly HAM frequencies. Still in the process of troubleshooting the problem. If it turns out that I’m wrong I will be back here to let you know.
Sponsored

eightamrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I bought the white versions without RGB for my rubicon that has fender DRLs.

The DRLs do not work as advertised. They are only on in parking light, on position, or auto (when auto headlights are on). They are not on when the headlights are in the off position (fender DRLs are on) or when the switch is on auto and it’s daytime (headlights off fender DRLs on)

I tested every which way you can connect it. It looks like from the factory the power to the fender DRL switches between that red wire on the harness and the blue one immediately next to it. There is no wire in the harness with constant power for DRLs.

It looks like the factory DRLs have both the red and blue (white brown/white yellow) running to the factory bulbs. So whichever wire has power simply powers the fender DRLs. No more sophisticated than that, but I’m nervous about tapping into both and then frying something.

Quake, these were advertised as plug and play with my existing DRLs. How should I resolve this?

eightamrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I would like to add that the fog lights simply don’t fit. I have the rubicon plastic bumper and install says no additional hardware needed. The lights are too big in diameter and don’t fit into the shroud on the fender. When trying to install them, there is about a 3/8” gap on any one of the 4 screw positions if you were to tighten it in like that, the frame would crack, and it if it didn’t there would definitely be no adjustablitiy as it’s mashed into the housing.

I had to add 3 washers on each mounting screw (which was a pain in the ass) to back it out enough to make it even remotely adjustable and to keep the frame from cracking.

Between these 2 issues, DRLs and fog lights not fitting, I’m fairly disappointed in this product.

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Jl- 2007 Sahara Jk
Well hopefully Rob responds back because I was going to try to install mine this morning

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
I would like to add that the fog lights simply don’t fit. I have the rubicon plastic bumper and install says no additional hardware needed. The lights are too big in diameter and don’t fit into the shroud on the fender. When trying to install them, there is about a 3/8” gap on any one of the 4 screw positions if you were to tighten it in like that, the frame would crack, and it if it didn’t there would definitely be no adjustablitiy as it’s mashed into the housing.

I had to add 3 washers on each mounting screw (which was a pain in the ass) to back it out enough to make it even remotely adjustable and to keep the frame from cracking.

Between these 2 issues, DRLs and fog lights not fitting, I’m fairly disappointed in this product.
Hello this is Rob from Quake LED. I apologize for the confusion. Please call or email me with any question.
[email protected]

Sponsored

danelizer

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Manager
Vehicle Showcase
QUOTE="danelizer, post: 593674, member: 22448"]Well my Quake LED head and fog lights had a lot of RF interference on fm radio frequencies. Mostly HAM frequencies. Still in the process of troubleshooting the problem. If it turns out that I’m wrong I will be back here to let you know.[/QUOTE]

I relocated my ham radio antenna to the top center of the Rhino Rack. It was located at the rear door. All RF interference disappeared. The Quake headlights and fog lights are working well.

E60454ED-3461-4993-8B0C-9CB47A8210BD.jpeg
B5397766-3314-402D-B337-9701729A27AE.jpeg
[

eightamrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Hello this is Rob from Quake LED. I apologize for the confusion. Please call or email me with any question.
[email protected]
I wrote an email in and no response in over 2 weeks. These are still sitting in the box. Fog lights don’t fit and halos are not DRL as advertised. I have rubicon with halogen DRLs. The halos only light up with parking light and/or headlights on.

QUOTE="danelizer, post: 593674, member: 22448"]Well my Quake LED head and fog lights had a lot of RF interference on fm radio frequencies. Mostly HAM frequencies. Still in the process of troubleshooting the problem. If it turns out that I’m wrong I will be back here to let you know.
I relocated my ham radio antenna to the top center of the Rhino Rack. It was located at the rear door. All RF interference disappeared. The Quake headlights and fog lights are working well.

[[/QUOTE]

Do your halos light up with DRLs using the provided harness?

Sponsored

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I wrote an email in and no response in over 2 weeks. These are still sitting in the box. Fog lights don’t fit and halos are not DRL as advertised. I have rubicon with halogen DRLs. The halos only light up with parking light and/or headlights on.

[
Do your halos light up with DRLs using the provided harness?[/QUOTE]

Have you tried calling Rob directly at the number he provided (720-305-8979)? He is normally quick to help and i have found at times when he responds the email ends up in the spam box unless i set it up with a rule to put to inbox... Also, the DRL for the halo is driven by the blue tooth controller and not by the drl oem plug in for headlights if you bought the RGB Halo set... Now i am not sure if it is the same setup if you just purchased the non-RGB set...

danelizer

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have DRL’s. I never expected the halos to be on like DRL’s because I don’t have that option. I believe I know how to wire them to work like halos. A future project.
Do your halos light up with DRLs using the provided harness?
Have you tried calling Rob directly at the number he provided (720-305-8979)? He is normally quick to help and i have found at times when he responds the email ends up in the spam box unless i set it up with a rule to put to inbox... Also, the DRL for the halo is driven by the blue tooth controller and not by the drl oem plug in for headlights if you bought the RGB Halo set... Now i am not sure if it is the same setup if you just purchased the non-RGB set...[/QUOTE]
rl

eightamrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I bought non-rgb and the marketing material and instructions say the red wire at the fender wiring harness would provide constant power to the DRL halo's. This is not the case. None of those wires provide constant power through all the lighting combinations.

I'll give him a call I suppose. Im not sure how they will help me though, I will simply have to wire these custom to some 12v switched supply in the fuse box. I just was under the impression I wouldn't have to.

None of this changes that the fog lights simply don't fit. Lens is way too big too big and doesn't allow the bracket to mount to the bumper without a lot of stress on the it.

I'll call....

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I bought non-rgb and the marketing material and instructions say the red wire at the fender wiring harness would provide constant power to the DRL halo's. This is not the case. None of those wires provide constant power through all the lighting combinations.

I'll give him a call I suppose. Im not sure how they will help me though, I will simply have to wire these custom to some 12v switched supply in the fuse box. I just was under the impression I wouldn't have to.

None of this changes that the fog lights simply don't fit. Lens is way too big too big and doesn't allow the bracket to mount to the bumper without a lot of stress on the it.

I'll call....
First just note Quake is in Colorado on mountain time so i wouldn't call until after 10:30 AM... I have provided an image on how the RGB controller works... all of the black cables go to the Halos and the yellow and blue wires from controller go to the turns for the headlight halo... if you look at the turn cable harness they provide it does have a red wire now i will tell you the ones in the fender are different color so you would have to match that up... no matter what they should be able to help you... maybe post some pics on your connections on both sets of lights for others with the non-RGB setup to see if others have a similar setup... one of the issues is Jeep has things setup differently depending on the model and options you purchased. For instance they have several different type of oem bumpers with different fog light configurations. Even the rubicon has differences between the rubber bumper or their optional steel bumper with winch capability On how the fogs are mounted.

I am guessing you have an extra wire coming from your lights to hook up the halos beyond the standard oem plug

IMG_6740.JPG

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

I'll call....
All the Jeep bumpers seem to have different fog light mountings. Ruby, non-Ruby, LED vs. Halogen, they're all different. It's causing vendors fits trying to produce a product that fits everything. Call them direct and I'm sure they have a solution.
Sponsored