NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Hi all,
I'd like to make some guide marks on the paint for applying some decals. I was thinking dry-erase might be a good solution, but I thought I would check real quick and see if anyone had tried that or anything else. Tape would probably be best - but hoping to do something where I can draw a dot or line and place the decal over the top of the mark. Thanks in advance!
Nick
Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I use grease pencils. These are what I bought, but there are many others. Buy whatever is high contrast to your paint (in my case, I use white).

Diamond Peel-Off China Markers/Grease Pencils for Glass, Cellophane, Vinyl, Metal, Etc. (12 Pencils) (Assorted) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4BG4MR

OP
OP
NickTinVA

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
I use grease pencils. These are what I bought, but there are many others. Buy whatever is high contrast to your paint (in my case, I use white).

Diamond Peel-Off China Markers/Grease Pencils for Glass, Cellophane, Vinyl, Metal, Etc. (12 Pencils) (Assorted) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4BG4MR
Thank you, great idea!

AbeWay

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Hi all,
I'd like to make some guide marks on the paint for applying some decals. I was thinking dry-erase might be a good solution, but I thought I would check real quick and see if anyone had tried that or anything else. Tape would probably be best - but hoping to do something where I can draw a dot or line and place the decal over the top of the mark. Thanks in advance!
Nick
Dry erase will damage clear coat. Cheap and available would be painters tape to they even make automotive tape. Grease pencil would be an alternative.
Sponsored