plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
So I've heard. I'm actually going to bolt mine to my own home fabricated backing plate. It is literally impossible to install without something like that.
Yeah, I can image the hell is to install that "float" bolt. You may need a micro-droid to hold a micro-wrench in the backing plate, so you can tighten the nut....

Joke aside, I found the pedal actually quite comfortable, so good luck!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully loosely enforced like tinted windows, front license plate, etc. Most cops have better things to do...
I don't think you understand how the world works. Police, mainly deputies and troopers, look specifically for violations like that to pull you over to look for bigger violations such as DUI, drugs, guns. And depending on the jurisdiction they have to write a ticket for the reason of the stop so they don't get accused of an invalid stop. And I know everyone on this forum claims they don't do any of the more serious violations even though facts show if you are willing to violate small vehicle laws you are more likely to violate the bigger laws.
And I'm using the collective 'you'.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I took some "moldable" plastic...like sugru. Made a flush block at the end of the channel with it. Hasn't rained of course, since I did it. But it should work !
I’m going to try this just to make it stop raining.

Reactions: RTJ

TexasNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara, Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
I took some "moldable" plastic...like sugru. Made a flush block at the end of the channel with it. Hasn't rained of course, since I did it. But it should work !
I've done this. No more drips while entering and exiting!

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think you understand how the world works. Police, mainly deputies and troopers, look specifically for violations like that to pull you over to look for bigger violations such as DUI, drugs, guns. And depending on the jurisdiction they have to write a ticket for the reason of the stop so they don't get accused of an invalid stop. And I know everyone on this forum claims they don't do any of the more serious violations even though facts show if you are willing to violate small vehicle laws you are more likely to violate the bigger laws.
And I'm using the collective 'you'.
I removed window tint from a used truck I bought specifically because of this practice. I didn’t want to be pulled over because my dark tint made me look like I was doing something sinister.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I removed window tint from a used truck I bought specifically because of this practice. I didn’t want to be pulled over because my dark tint made me look like I was doing something sinister.
Tinted windows are a sore spot for many police. We were trained in the academy when we approach a car, especially after dark, to check the trunk was closed, to stand behind the driver's window and not to stand in the position where the door opening could point at us. Each of those situations based on cops being killed. Also in many places if the driver's window is heavily tinted the officer will pull his gun because he can't see in. If police had their way no windows would be tinted and most drivers if they were in their shoes wouldn't want to approach a vehicle they couldn't see into. The saying goes it is better to face six sitting in a jury box instead of six carrying your coffin.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tinted windows are a sore spot for many police. We were trained in the academy when we approach a car, especially after dark, to check the trunk was closed, to stand behind the driver's window and not to stand in the position where the door opening could point at us. Each of those situations based on cops being killed. Also in many places if the driver's window is heavily tinted the officer will pull his gun because he can't see in. If police had their way no windows would be tinted and most drivers if they were in their shoes wouldn't want to approach a vehicle they couldn't see into. The saying goes it is better to face six sitting in a jury box instead of six carrying your coffin.
Yeah, I get that for sure. I don’t want to be wrongly accused or shot, either. That saying goes both ways.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Excellent points. I'll admit that I have had cars with illegal tint on front windows in the past, but for that reason (and possibly that maybe the officer would then not notice and I could therefore avoid a ticket ;)) I always had the window all the way down way before they walked up.

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
That's great. I have ordered them for my Mojito! Rubi (11 Dec) but have not rcvd them yet. Was also going to wire regular lights but now wondering about maybe having green LEDs instead of the regular ones. Did you go with the body mounted or frame mounted? I got the frame mounted and was wondering how easy they were to install. Looks great on the Mojito!.
Did you say you ordered on December 11th and have not received them? I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and I received them in about 1 week.

FLECK-5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Picked up Jeep today after getting Mopar 2” lift installed with 37 x 12.50 R17’s on it. Had the spare tire carrier, dash, and shocks painted firecracker red. Had all the work done at Urban Jeep Outfitters in NJ, they did a great job.

DC1DF7A6-67F4-4096-82F6-F9376C20B83F.jpeg

34884CC5-6F16-4895-B138-CE3EB87C43FE.jpeg

EC14DF2C-DEAA-497F-BE82-1069F620CBCA.jpeg

BE551C9A-0546-40AE-8498-A2263693FA33.jpeg

9691DDF8-0A9C-48A1-B526-55755B7ECDBD.jpeg