Sponsored

How long is "In Transit" time?

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
I would have pulled out a long time ago. The fact that it’s built and they’re sitting on it, for what; is very disturbing.

Your dealer’s reps should have done something by now. I would have pulled out and gone to another dealer right after the initial storage situation when no intelligent explanation was provided.
I wouldn’t cut loose just yet. I would use that twilight zone Wrangler as leverage to see if I could massively, like front of the build line, expedite a newly built Wrangler with custom delivery. No way would I take the one that’s been sitting that long for who knows why.
Sponsored

Kerfien

First Name
Lesli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S in Mojito! 1998 Eclipse Sypder. 1993 Honda Prelude
I put a hold on a Wrangler Sport in Mojito today. It’s listed as in transit on Jeep website and the dealer website. I asked live chat and they could only tell me it was in transit, no ETA. Dealership told me it could be a few days, than 10-12 days, than said 10-12 was worst case scenario and are expecting it anytime. No idea how long it’s been in transport, but was coming from Toledo. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
I wouldn’t cut loose just yet. I would use that twilight zone Wrangler as leverage to see if I could massively, like front of the build line, expedite a newly built Wrangler with custom delivery. No way would I take the one that’s been sitting that long for who knows why.
There's obviously something wrong with Mark's build; considering FCA's action of pretty much quarantining his vehicle with the very vague response to any interrogation to why this is happening.

This is FCA"s problem not Mark's, why should he be penalized? His dealer and their associated reps haven't done their job right from the beginning of this mess.

The dealer is in business to make money. As soon as a source of their revenue, Mark's purchase, goes away you would most likely see some action. There's nothing wrong with threatening to visit a competitor. This is a perfect example of lighting a fire under Mark's salesman's ass to do his job and pronto.

Stale

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I would have pulled out a long time ago. The fact that it’s built and they’re sitting on it, for what; is very disturbing.

Your dealer’s reps should have done something by now. I would have pulled out and gone to another dealer right after the initial storage situation when no intelligent explanation was provided.
This is basically what I've come to terms with, I see three possibilities for why they would be holding it:
  • It's waiting on parts - Though I would have thought that JS status meant it's complete? FCA stated that it's waiting on inspections or shipping, though the dealer is saying that it's waiting on backordered parts (for almost 2 months now?). Everyone here pretty much nailed it when they mentioned the dealer hasn't been on top of it, over the past 19.5 weeks the dealer has never proactively updated me (or even reached out) once...
  • It's waiting on shipping - I have a hard time believing this one, as I'm in the Chicago suburbs. Not far from Ohio, easily accessible & dealers around here are generally getting a ton of JLs lately in stock (the dealer I'm going through has had probably 20 show up in the past 2 weeks alone, not that I've been watching their inventory). If FCA is having trouble shipping Ohio to Chicago, something is VERY wrong.
  • It's being held intentionally, FCA knows something - Maybe related to my specific build or perhaps something a little wider. I know many people are getting their JLs quickly, but there are a few on the forums that have had very-long waits like this. Perhaps there's something undisclosed going on.

Regardless though, it's time to evaluate a 2019.. At least with the order banks opening in September (hopefully), I can simply wait out the build over the winter - just need to find a new dealership first.

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
This is basically what I've come to terms with, I see three possibilities for why they would be holding it:
  • It's waiting on parts - Though I would have thought that JS status meant it's complete? FCA stated that it's waiting on inspections or shipping, though the dealer is saying that it's waiting on backordered parts (for almost 2 months now?). Everyone here pretty much nailed it when they mentioned the dealer hasn't been on top of it, over the past 19.5 weeks the dealer has never proactively updated me (or even reached out) once...
  • It's waiting on shipping - I have a hard time believing this one, as I'm in the Chicago suburbs. Not far from Ohio, easily accessible & dealers around here are generally getting a ton of JLs lately in stock (the dealer I'm going through has had probably 20 show up in the past 2 weeks alone, not that I've been watching their inventory). If FCA is having trouble shipping Ohio to Chicago, something is VERY wrong.
  • It's being held intentionally, FCA knows something - Maybe related to my specific build or perhaps something a little wider. I know many people are getting their JLs quickly, but there are a few on the forums that have had very-long waits like this. Perhaps there's something undisclosed going on.

Regardless though, it's time to evaluate a 2019.. At least with the order banks opening in September (hopefully), I can simply wait out the build over the winter - just need to find a new dealership first.
Personally, I’d say that jeep is jinxed. I would do one of two things. Get your money back and wait for 2019 order or demand a steep discount on the sale price because there are clearly unspecified issues around that Jeep and don’t have faith if it’s longeveity. In addition to a steep discount, they throw in max care for life.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Back when mine was being built, we had access to someone on the factory floor. FCA has since officially muzzled all that, but in a few instances mention was made about when something didn’t pass inspection, it would get rolled to the side, in various hallways, etc and essentially becoming lost in the building. Then when they got the parts, they would begin the search for it. If they happened to find another they had parts for, they’ll fix that one first. So not a first in first out, but a first found first fixed. I can not absolutely verify any of this though.

drm700

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GC Summit 4x4, 2009 Commander Limited 4X4, 72 Porsche 911T, waiting on a JLUS
My JLUS was about two weeks total transit time once sticker was found (delivered to Denver rail yard)

MinorInsanity

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Mike, for me from KZ status to arrival in the VDC in my city, it was actually 11 days in transit.
However, my Jeep has not arrived at my dealer's lot, to my knowledge, so it has been at the VDC for 2 days so far.

Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/28/18 01:26:00 AM TOLEDO - STICKNEY
Production Status KZ Received 06/28/18 02:20:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/28/18 03:18:00 AM TOLEDO - R
Railcar Departure / Yard Exit 06/28/18 09:39:14 AM TOLEDO - RAIL
In-Transit 07/07/18 01:57:00 AM KANSAS CITY, KS
In-Transit 07/07/18 01:57:00 AM KANSAS CITY, KS
In-Transit 07/08/18 12:30:00 PM ALLIANCE, TX
Railhead, Railcar Ingate (Arrival) 07/09/18 06:30:00 AM PEARLAND, TX
Railcar Unloaded 07/10/18 01:16:00 PM PEARLAND, TX VDC
@TaiMc - how did you get all your transit stops?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
This thread is likely dead, but for anyone wondering, my new JL was built the first week of January 2019 and has still not been delivered two months later.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler rubicon diesel
It varies by a huge amount.

Mine left Toledo by rail on 05/39/18 on its way to Vancouver, BC.
It arrived here, in the local rail yard on 06/14/18.
The tracking system said it was loaded onto a truck on 06/25/18.
The tracker then said they truck left for the dealer on 07/06/18.
The dealer is a 45-minute drive from the rail yard but as of today (07/10/18) is still not reporting as having arrived.

Since I am away on a trip until the first of Aug., it's not affecting my pickup yet and I expect it will all be sorted out before then.
I'm in bc as well, waiting for my jeep. I was wondering, how did you "track it"? My salesman hasn't been on top of it to keep me updated and I'm tired of bugging him to get any new info
Sponsored