Sky One-Touch Power Soft Top Jeep JL's!

jjohnson75

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S80
I read on the boards that you mess up the seal between the roof and windshield if you do that.
Yes, I read that too. I guess the experts at Jeep don't tell you everything. They told me you definitely can. I don't plan to put mine down ever anyway so it doesn't matter to me.
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Yes, you can lower the windshield with the power top.
The owner's manual has a warning for lowering the front windshield if you have a power top on page 161.
It states lowering the front windshield will damage the windshield and the seal.

Lgarman

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Now just watch out for the windshield to crack, there’s 22 pages of problems with the windshields cracking, mine did after turning on the defrost!!!

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Can someone take a few pictures of how far back the top goes? I'm worried that the top doesn't even go back past the rear crossmember or at least get flush with it.

rearcm.jpg

I'm trying to decide if it's worth an extra $500 to get the Sky One Touch over the MyTop which goes all the way back

Also how much extra hardware is on the rail area compared to a soft top, because I noticed the roof is a lot higher on hardtops to accommodate the One Touch Top.
onetouchrails.JPG

railsextra.JPG

For $500 less, I could get this which is quieter and more insulated, but doesn't look as good with it up unless you get the fast back version which looks really good.

Which looks better with the top down, but hardtop always looks better vs soft top up
Take my money! Where was this when I bought my premium soft top?!

Sponsored

rzitup

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
This may be a dumb question, but can you remove the entire top? I assume the one touch skytop is just a top they put on the same body as the soft/hard top, so would make sense you can remove it completely?

PullmeSideways1341

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
This may be a dumb question, but can you remove the entire top? I assume the one touch skytop is just a top they put on the same body as the soft/hard top, so would make sense you can remove it completely?
It “can” be removed. However, I think you’re going to want to build a jig of some sort to support it when removing and installing.

When it is pulled off I’ve read it will flex and reinstalling would likely be a nightmare to get it lined back up.

Once enough of these are sold I’m sure an entrepreneurial soul will devise a solution.

rzitup

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
It “can” be removed. However, I think you’re going to want to build a jig of some sort to support it when removing and installing.

When it is pulled off I’ve read it will flex and reinstalling would likely be a nightmare to get it lined back up.

Once enough of these are sold I’m sure an entrepreneurial soul will devise a solution.
Yea, I dont have plans to remove it, but was more wondering how they were structurally built. If 5 years down the road i dont like it anymore, could i rip it off and put in a 3 piece hard top, or soft top.

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely, the top can quite easily be taken off at home, Though the installation itself is quite tedious. It is recommended to never attempt to remove or install outside of a jeep licensed mechanics work. This is mostly due to the alignment of the rails.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
If Jeep were to redesign the top, do you think there's enough room for the top to slide past the rear seats?
My only real disappointment with this top is that it looks like it should slide back a lot farther.
If you are sitting in the rear seat and look up, the sports bar is the big visual block. You never even see the canvas top.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
If you are sitting in the rear seat and look up, the sports bar is the big visual block. You never even see the canvas top.
Wow that is some BS, one of the first things I'm going to do is find a shop that can remove all that plastic and replace it with comparable compact marine speakers in the corners. Then all there will be left is the little metal crossmember.

Richris1

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 392
Bought this last week. Absolutely love the sky-top! Removing the rear windows is so convenient! I’ve opened this top more in 1 week than any of my previous soft or hard tops ever were, in a months time....the convenience, vs any negative aspects, is far better than any other top...In my opinion

FF5C576A-3472-43E3-AFD0-34E7C310CFF1.jpeg

C267971D-E80A-4B03-B2D8-2088A870AC4C.jpeg

F2FAE1C3-02B5-4415-8075-C23065CB81CB.jpeg

94EF578C-BE35-4763-AE7D-45DE28C22DA0.jpeg

Ike582

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
Sun, warm weather, windows and top open? Where is this strange planet where you live? Chicagoans haven't been able to roll a window down in over four months. Cannot wait to have mine opened up in good weather!

Bought this last week. Absolutely love the sky-top! Removing the rear windows is so convenient! I’ve opened this top more in 1 week than any of my previous soft or hard tops ever were, in a months time....the convenience, vs any negative aspects, is far better than any other top...In my opinion

FF5C576A-3472-43E3-AFD0-34E7C310CFF1.jpeg

C267971D-E80A-4B03-B2D8-2088A870AC4C.jpeg

F2FAE1C3-02B5-4415-8075-C23065CB81CB.jpeg

94EF578C-BE35-4763-AE7D-45DE28C22DA0.jpeg

Richris1

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 392
Sun, warm weather, windows and top open? Where is this strange planet where you live? Chicagoans haven't been able to roll a window down in over four months. Cannot wait to have mine opened up in good weather!
LoL...yes...a very warm winter here in Florida. Although we’re having a cold snap for the last two days...High’s in the 60’s, then back to 80 by the weekend. :)

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I agree completely!
Sponsored