Sponsored

STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Question for all you StingGray owners? I am on the fence between StingGray and Granite Metallic. I have owned black vehicles. Love the look when freshly washed but it's down hill after the first 5 minutes. The dust shows too much. Is StingGray easy to maintain and keep looking clean? Does the paint show swirl marks? How about on sunny days, does the color absorb heat like black or is it pretty good? Thanks

Last edited:

Sting-Gray AJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, Sting-Gray
At first I was leaning to the Ocean Blue, however after seeing the Sting Gray and it having all the minimum options I wanted I was sold! No regrets and am glad I went with the SG. Now to make it my own! From XJ to JL.

IMG_5006.JPG

IMG_5039.JPG
Looks great! congratulations and welcome to The Club!

Sponsored

codylancaster

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Question for all you StingGray owners? I am on the fence between StingGray and Granite Metallic. I have owned black vehicles. Love the look when freshly washed but it's down hill after the first 5 minutes. The dust shows too much. Is StingGray easy to maintain and keep looking clean? Does the paint show swirl marks? How about on sunny days, does the color absorb heat like a black or is it pretty good? Thanks
I have only had mine a week, but here is what dirt looks like on it lol. I removed the stickers and it made a few swirls using too abrasive and dry towel to remove some of the sticky residue, but only could see it with a flashlight at the right angle in the garage. Outside do not see any markings. I don't think they will show up like a darker vehicle will, it has a lighter exposure in the sun.

The dirt is there, but not as noticeable, in my opinion, than some other vehicles. But dirtiness will be subjective to anyone looking at it.

IMG_5196.JPG

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I have only had mine a week, but here is what dirt looks like on it lol. I removed the stickers and it made a few swirls using too abrasive and dry towel to remove some of the sticky residue, but only could see it with a flashlight at the right angle in the garage. Outside do not see any markings. I don't think they will show up like a darker vehicle will, it has a lighter exposure in the sun.

The dirt is there, but not as noticeable, in my opinion, than some other vehicles. But dirtiness will be subjective to anyone looking at it.

IMG_5196.JPG
Thanks for the feedback! Cute kid! Superman looks like he's about to light up a smoke. lol.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Question for all you StingGray owners? I am on the fence between StingGray and Granite Metallic. I have owned black vehicles. Love the look when freshly washed but it's down hill after the first 5 minutes. The dust shows too much. Is StingGray easy to maintain and keep looking clean? Does the paint show swirl marks? How about on sunny days, does the color absorb heat like a black or is it pretty good? Thanks
I own both colors. Both are great! The granite is a little harder to keep clean, IMO. The SG changes color depending on sunlight. But the GC is always sparkling, unless it's really dusty. I've owned black vehicles in the past and I swore them off. But I love these 2 colors.

Sponsored

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Ok….this is my first post. I have been ‘stalking’ this thread and many others for the past 6 mos to help put together the vision for my new Rubicon. There are so many great ideas, and everyone is so willing to share their experiences and advice on this site. It’s been a great help for me.

Here’s the break-down on my new toy:

2019 Rubicon JLU // 2.0L Turbo // 8 Speed Auto Transmission // Black Leather Seats // Cold Weather Group // Trailer Tow // LED Lighting // 8.4” Premium Audio // Active Safety // Advanced Safety // Steel Bumper // Hard Top Headliner // All Weather Mats // Remote Proximity Entry // Dual Top Group // Body Color Fenders // 35” Ridge Grappler Tires // 17“ Fuel Vector Wheels // ROAM Armor Steps

Jeep Pic.jpg
I put the exact same wheels on mine except I went with 18" wheels! They match up well with the paint.
Sponsored