Sponsored

Will mopar release a bigger lift ?

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
Will mopar be releasing a 4 or a 4.5 inch lift for the jl ? They have one for the jk, where i live its illegal to have the tire sticking past the fenders, lifts and even stickers. So a mopar lift dealership installed will give me a (permit) to be legal, a piece lf paper saying this is an offical part installed by the offical dealership and keep my warranty, the 2 inch kit out now costs 3150$ here installed, if im spending that much i would rather wait if it means il get a bigger lift.
Sponsored

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am no authority on it but If I was going to bet, I would say no. The JL already fits 37" tires with the current lift and the Jeep is actually pretty far up there. I'm sure you are already aware but if not, the current 2" Mopar lift with net you 3". If they came out with a 4-4.5 that might just net you 6" :rock:

I'd like to see them come out with one that has upgraded Fox shocks, stabilizer, and maybe a more complete system.

As far as the 3150$ for the lift/install... do they take coupons :giggle:

Seriously, is it the labor or the parts that are the majority of that?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Over the course of the JK they released a 2, 3, and 4 inch kit. With the current JL you can fit 37s with the 2 inch kit. They may make different variations over time, but doubt they will go much taller.

OP
OP
garkoi

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am no authority on it but If I was going to bet, I would say no. The JL already fits 37" tires with the current lift and the Jeep is actually pretty far up there. I'm sure you are already aware but if not, the current 2" Mopar lift with net you 3". If they came out with a 4-4.5 that might just net you 6" :rock:

I'd like to see them come out with one that has upgraded Fox shocks, stabilizer, and maybe a more complete system.

As far as the 3150$ for the lift/install... do they take coupons :giggle:

Seriously, is it the labor or the parts that are the majority of that?
sorry i was on a long trip and just came back, the labor is only 430$ the rest is all parts. after my trip i decided not to go with the lift, its mostly sand here and sometimes mud in the 8 weeks of winter we have, going to oman i tried some rock crawling but didnt scrape a thing and i didnt see a need for bigger tires either, we got the km2 32inch tires.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
sorry i was on a long trip and just came back, the labor is only 430$ the rest is all parts. after my trip i decided not to go with the lift, its mostly sand here and sometimes mud in the 8 weeks of winter we have, going to oman i tried some rock crawling but didnt scrape a thing and i didnt see a need for bigger tires either, we got the km2 32inch tires.
Yeah, the Rubicon is setup pretty well so going stock is understandable. Maybe sometime in the future you will get the bug again to lift it or maybe you will never need it. Any pictures of the Oman trip?

Did the KM2's come on the Rubicon where you are at or did you change out the KO2's? I like the look of them for sure but hear they are kind of loud on the pavement.

OP
OP
garkoi

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, the Rubicon is setup pretty well so going stock is understandable. Maybe sometime in the future you will get the bug again to lift it or maybe you will never need it. Any pictures of the Oman trip?

Did the KM2's come on the Rubicon where you are at or did you change out the KO2's? I like the look of them for sure but hear they are kind of loud on the pavement.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/help-me-figure-out-my-middle-east-jlur-specs.24473/

So many things are different with the car, i started that thread to figure them out. They are loud however everything else is great, playing any music will make the noise less audiable.

I did some videos inside the car nothing really good, Just started an account a few days ago on instagram @jlkuwait need to get me some gopros and some good mounts.

I loved it there i plan on going back in the summer however i plan on going to salalah which is at the very end of oman the total trip there and back will be 4000miles with 2000 miles being mountain roads. I also have to drive through Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and then Oman, if i wanted to i can pass by Bahrain too since its on the way.
Sponsored