Android Auto Connection Error 7

EggSuckingLeech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I have been using Android Auto with my Galaxy 7 for many months. I get occasional errors but it's been usable. Yesterday I went into work using it. I came out to drive home and connected my phone like always but this time, it will not connect. I look at my phone and Android Auto gives me a red screen with Error 7. No idea what triggered it. I have:
  • Ensured all software is up to date (including Google Play Services)
  • Tried 3 USB cables
  • Tried both the USB port within the console as well as the one on the front dash
  • Restarted my phone
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled Android Auto
  • Cleared cache partition
  • Cleared the AA cache

I cannot get AA to work. Anyone else see this? Dealers are useless with AA and CarPlay so I definitely feel on my own.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
Do you have access to another phone you could try?

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
My android auto stopped working yesterday also. I do not get any error code on my phone by my unconnect does not ackowledge that my phone has been connected but it does charge the phone

OP
OP

EggSuckingLeech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
My android auto stopped working yesterday also. I do not get any error code on my phone by my unconnect does not ackowledge that my phone has been connected but it does charge the phone
Make sure you still have "Smart Device Mirroring" checked and you see your phone is connected. If you don't have that checked, that's what happens (intentionally).

OP
OP

EggSuckingLeech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Wanted to provide an update. I had a friend who also uses Android Auto. He connected to the Jeep - no errors with his phone. I tried connecting my phone to his car - same error. Conclusion: it was my phone. After trying reinstalling Android Auto (didn't help) I resorted to the more impactful Factory Reset of the phone. This seems to have resolved my issue. I no longer get errors.
Sponsored