Show off your Delivered JL Here!

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Ok, I don't have it. Others have described the button on the door handle as a button you had to push, maybe it is just a sensor for the fob.
The button is to lock the doors.

vinny

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited Rubicon JL
First time Wrangler owner... bought it for TOADability because I just got a motorhome although was GC owner awhile back. Crystal Granite Unlimited Rubi (except fenders/roofs) like Dyno's so I wont bother with pictures. Had a couple of questions though... on the UConnect 4C 8.4 Nav, are you able to use Apple Car Play via Bluetooth? It seems to only work for me (Car Play) when wired. Also, what does the 'Freedom Panel Storage Bag' look like? I did not receive it.

Finally, a story of my luck in the purchase.... not intentionally bragging to those who have been waiting on their orders :)... well maybe a little bit... I was a walk in customer a week ago... did not know about JL dropping this month, and was ready to buy that night... but salesman said 'come 'back in two weeks... I wont event take your name' (earned a bit of trust with that)... on a whim, a couple of nights ago checked their website and saw JLs delivered two days before... rushed over and found one of two rubis left and looked great! beat a couple of people by 5 mins! they were lingering around for 30 minutes to see if my credit check would go through! i wouldn't even let them test drive it (would you have let go of those keys?).

Of course because of the demand, not much wiggle room for negotiation... but totally happy with the purchase, and psyched to be part of this community of wrangler owners. you all seem crazy in all the right ways.

Sponsored

sjappers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, tacoma
Look again, especially at the LA Auto Show pix. These are the standard wheels, but a completely different finish. Stock is mostly silver. These are matte black/graphite.
img_0742-jpeg.jpg
hella-yella-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-rubicon-19-jpg.jpg
I still think its the std rubi wheels, its just the angle of the light not reflecting off the machined outer lip like it usually does.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I still think its the std rubi wheels, its just the angle of the light not reflecting off the machined outer lip like it usually does.
I guess we all have our own reality...If you read any of the posts from the guys who were in LA and Detroit, they all describe them a black/graphite, not polished silver. And does the lighting explain the black lugnuts which match the rims? Whatev.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You are getting a rubicon and want these? Have you seen them in person? I really don't think they'd hold up at all to any kind of trail/rock hits. Just a thought.

Sponsored

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I've been to a few auto shows, and there are lights everywhere! It would reflect more.

I actually think that's why you're struggling to see it, the flat face of the wheel is reflecting just a little bit of light and making it look lighter than the rest of the wheel. If you can see the black wheel, you can see the face is just well lit. If you see the standard wheel, your mind is making you think the face looks poorly lit.

It's the Black/Blue vs White/Gold dress all over again
150226215539-black-blue-dress-super-169.jpg

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Haha yes I think it's something like that. The picture of the spare tire I believe shows the black well enough.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
079B1330-9299-4AE0-B7B0-545B63FDBA5D.jpeg
9773B73D-E350-4A0E-9B56-D206CDE48E4C.jpeg
Picked my black Rubicon up yesterday, added 35 inch KO2’s today. Debating on 2 inch mopar lift.
Congratulations! Looks beautiful!
Sponsored