NEW TO JEEP

abdikey

First Name
abdikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
i honestly dont know if this is the right way to get me a solution or get me an answer, i dont even know if typing here will make possible for others to see my questions and help me out with suggestions and advice. am new to the forum and also new to jeep. i bought my first jeep 2018 JL wrangler sports S. i like jeeps the looks and everything about it. but honestly i dont do off road i just want my jeep to look great and nice. i ordred 2 inch mopar lift kit it came today. the reason why i bought 2 inch mopar is beacuse i was told they will ride smooth and that is what i want. anyway long story short i need tires and rims i want the tires to stick out and look wide i need 37 not 35 so can anyone give me an idea of what i should buy so that my jeep will look bold. i wanted tBFG k02 37 but they dont come in 20 inch. so i want 37s, wider tires and rims 20inch wheel and to ride smooth. any suggestions pictures willb fantastic too thanks
Sponsored

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
A 17" rim/tire will be a MUCH bettter ride, more options for tires & rims, and will make your Jeep look "bold" compared to a 20" combo.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I'm not sure, but can we even put 37" on a sport? I was thinking our axels are not big enough for the weight. Someone will chime in tho with their recommendations.

Sponsored

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
I agree with DeVoTee,

17" rims are the sweet spot. Plus even though you don't go off road, if you make it look bold by making it functionally bold, it might prove to be useful one day.

I go off roading often, but one of my sweetest memories with my JK was this one night we went to watch a footy game with 3 mates and I drove. Parking was packed, there was grass parking near by but also packed. However there was one massive section of grass that was just empty and it was really close to the stadium. I decided to go see why it was empty and turns out the reason was that you had to drive over this big mound thing of grass that was covering an old giant pipe. No way normal cars could get over it. My friends (never been wheeling with me before) just said "ohh that's why you can't park there, lets just look somewhere else" I literally just smiled at them and drove over the mound and parked on the other side.
After the game there were about 8 other four wheel drives parked there. I also let all my friends have a go at driving over the mound for fun.

Not saying you can't do that on 20" rims, heck, my JK was stock when I did that... But I wanted to share the story of how these cars can create nice moments anywhere.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
i honestly dont know if this is the right way to get me a solution or get me an answer, i dont even know if typing here will make possible for others to see my questions and help me out with suggestions and advice. am new to the forum and also new to jeep. i bought my first jeep 2018 JL wrangler sports S. i like jeeps the looks and everything about it. but honestly i dont do off road i just want my jeep to look great and nice. i ordred 2 inch mopar lift kit it came today. the reason why i bought 2 inch mopar is beacuse i was told they will ride smooth and that is what i want. anyway long story short i need tires and rims i want the tires to stick out and look wide i need 37 not 35 so can anyone give me an idea of what i should buy so that my jeep will look bold. i wanted tBFG k02 37 but they dont come in 20 inch. so i want 37s, wider tires and rims 20inch wheel and to ride smooth. any suggestions pictures willb fantastic too thanks

Having the tires stick out looks good, but you don’t want it to look like a monster truck. Maybe within 3” or you’ll be kicking up rocks & debris.

Check the Tires/wheels/brakes and the ‘what did you do TO...’ threads. Plenty of ideas & suggestions there for all models.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Check out my setup (in my signature below). I don't recommend going beyond 35s on a Sport. My tires stick out about 2 inches or so (0 offset wheels). I'm very happy with the results.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

If you go with 37s you should definitely change the gears and i hope you got the anti-slip package with the D44 rear end.... dont know if the smaller front axle matters or not. 35s seems to be the max for Sports unless you do some modding.

I think you’ll need to swap out the fenders as well if you plan to go 37” but not sure. For a street truck you’ll probably be ok.

I think with the stock gears it will kill the mpg and really drag ass. Rubicons can do it because they have 4.10 gears.

OP
OP

abdikey

First Name
abdikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
thank you all, i saw some videos on youtube dealer selling jl sports with 37s BFG ko2 the only thing they claim they did was to put 2 inch mopar kit.

Sponsored

OP
OP

abdikey

First Name
abdikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Check out my setup (in my signature below). I don't recommend going beyond 35s on a Sport. My tires stick out about 2 inches or so (0 offset wheels). I'm very happy with the results.
how can i check ur pictures? i cant see them.

OP
OP

abdikey

First Name
abdikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
I agree with DeVoTee,

17" rims are the sweet spot. Plus even though you don't go off road, if you make it look bold by making it functionally bold, it might prove to be useful one day.

I go off roading often, but one of my sweetest memories with my JK was this one night we went to watch a footy game with 3 mates and I drove. Parking was packed, there was grass parking near by but also packed. However there was one massive section of grass that was just empty and it was really close to the stadium. I decided to go see why it was empty and turns out the reason was that you had to drive over this big mound thing of grass that was covering an old giant pipe. No way normal cars could get over it. My friends (never been wheeling with me before) just said "ohh that's why you can't park there, lets just look somewhere else" I literally just smiled at them and drove over the mound and parked on the other side.
After the game there were about 8 other four wheel drives parked there. I also let all my friends have a go at driving over the mound for fun.

Not saying you can't do that on 20" rims, heck, my JK was stock when I did that... But I wanted to share the story of how these cars can create nice moments anywhere.
thanks

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
35's on a JLU Sport with 3.5 inch lift. Tires stick out about 2.5-3 inches and I think that is perfect, but about the max I'd go. Keep in mind, when and if you decide to go that large, you are going to run into fitment issues with your stock rear bumper as well as a potential weight limit issue. The fitment issue can be resolved with a riser plate like Rough Country. The weight issue becomes much more expensive resulting in the need of a new tire carrier. This is all before axles and gearing upgrades.

Either way, I highly recommend the Tazer programmer to calibrate the speedometer and such for your new larger wheels and tires.

Photos show a 35x12.5x20 on the Rough Country riser and the spray you can expect from having tires outside of the wheel well.

file-3.jpeg

file-4.jpeg

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
E628E805-B7F7-4507-9AD8-1126FF43B712.jpeg
Sponsored