JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
I am curious to know.
Because visually, your MOAB edition is my European Rubicon...
Same tires, same stance, same shocks.

May the the size of the coils be different ?
I lifted my moab and the shocks that came off are the same part numbers as the Rubicon.
Sponsored

Reactions: POL

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I lifted my moab and the shocks that came off are the same part numbers as the Rubicon.
Even though they are black instead of red? That alone should constitute a part # change.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Yes Moab suspension is 100% rubicon

Sponsored

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
The more you know. You can't tell at all from the pictures of the Moab here, but on the Rubicon you can see the red shocks from space.
yeah those higher fenders show a lot more... but in person you can see the red shocks if your looking.

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU MOAB, BMW X5 MSport
Vehicle Showcase
I will be lifting my MOAB in the upcoming week so I'll post some pics w/ some reviews. There is not much info out there on what lifts work best long term on any JL yet since they are so new.. and definitely not finding many threads on the MOAB edition specifically.
After consulting w/ 2 dealerships, and pretty much realizing they have no idea what they were talking about regarding lifts (and charging premium prices for junk wheels and tires), I decided to go to a 4by4 customs shop in the area. They've been installing Jeep lifts for over 30 years, so I trust their opinion more then the dealerships (plus their prices are much more reasonable).
So I decided to go w/ a JKS 2.5 Lift w/ the upgraded 2.0 Fox Shocks (and adding new rims and 35s). If anyone has any feedback or experience with this kit, let me know, otherwise I will update everyone on my thoughts after it is installed.

So far the only main upgrade I've installed was the Borla exhaust. I started w/ the S-type and then after a couple weeks, realizing it was a little too loud for me, switched it with the Touring edition. This has just the right amount of growl and obviously a great look. The black color exhaust looks great on a MOAB with all the black accents it already comes with stock.

borla touring.jpg

Sponsored

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Was anyone able to get the dealer to credit their mud terrains for rubi ko2's?
My dealer has agreed to install 5 285/70R17 KO2's (Rubi size) which I will have shipped to dealership when my Moab arrives at no cost including recalibrating the speedo. I'll be driving back home with 5 255/75R17 KM2's that came from the factory in the back of the Moab and my Cherokee. Anyone know anyone looking for a full set of KM2's?

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I am waiting for my 2019 Moab but is apprehensive of the KM tires based on the postings. I will be a first time Wrangler owner and never driven one other than the test drive. I don't know what to expect or how it feels for any tires. From what I read, it sounds like the KO2s are better. Does anyone have creative ideas on how to swap the Moab KMs for something else (perhaps KO2s) with minimum financial impact?
See post #341

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Bought new Moab 19 over the weekend. Put 315/17/70 BF KO2 on it at discount tire. Drove all day and full flex with no rubbing. Gearing is not affected. They salesman and I measured everything without any issue and even the spare was fine. See my pics. I’m not going to get a lift. I may replace shocks but that is it.

07C2D9E7-6C4B-433A-8C9F-14EDD132DED8.jpeg

9C1E48AC-F8A8-4758-8499-49DA5DBBFEAA.jpeg

1C1091B0-AFAA-47A9-AE18-B9D6E54374B1.jpeg

9BB677C2-9A60-4190-80B6-65209BF17986.jpeg
What would be your reason for replacing the shocks?

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Has anyone parked a Moab next to a Rubicon and a regular Sahara? I assume the Moab is taller than the Sahara, and 1/2 inch shorter than a Rubicon, only because of tire size.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Has anyone parked a Moab next to a Rubicon and a regular Sahara? I assume the Moab is taller than the Sahara, and 1/2 inch shorter than a Rubicon, only because of tire size.
My Moab is slightly shorter than my friend's Sahara
Sponsored