Sponsored

Feedback / review of WARN Jeep JL Rubicon Front Bumper Grille Guard Tube?

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Has anyone installed this item on there 2019 Wrangler? If so, how is the quality and ease of install?

WARN 102355 Jeep JL OE Rubicon Front Bumper Grille Guard Tube>>

D145FDA2-3805-4421-B2C8-0835F49B43A5.jpeg
Sponsored

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine and like it a lot. Quality is very good - fit, finish is great. Super easy install on my 2018 (same as 2019) - just use existing bolts (6) on the factory steel bumper. Can’t beat the price ($159) for what you get. I do like the mounting location and height of the Mopar one, but it wasn’t wide/tall enough to work with my Rough Country light bar. Mopar is also >$200 even with the 15% discount.

FFBD05B7-3A02-4016-BBBD-2C77BD09FADF.jpeg

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Just got mine and like it a lot. Quality is very good - fit, finish is great. Super easy install on my 2018 (same as 2019) - just use existing bolts (6) on the factory steel bumper. Can’t beat the price ($159) for what you get. I do like the mounting location and height of the Mopar one, but it wasn’t wide/tall enough to work with my Rough Country light bar. Mopar is also >$200 even with the 15% discount.

FFBD05B7-3A02-4016-BBBD-2C77BD09FADF.jpeg
I concur.

gts

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
I bought a low one, but returned it because it blocked my recovery hooks.

Sponsored

Alien2007

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jku
I have the low as well love the look I have d rings so could still use the hook that was. Installing the light bar fully when my mount comes hopefully later today.

20190214_103120.jpg

OP
OP

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Thanks for the comments am putting my order in now.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I have the low as well love the look I have d rings so could still use the hook that was. Installing the light bar fully when my mount comes hopefully later today.

20190214_103120.jpg
Which light bar and mount did you use? Happen to have final install pics?

Sponsored

Needalife

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ, 2019 JLU Rubican
The grill guard is good for what you get. Some do not like that it blocks the hooks but I like that it does. Use d-rings and with the bar in place they can not come free from the hooks without a lot of force. Uses same bolts to install, took about 15 minutes. Oh and just plain looks good.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I read on another thread that some users with the Warn bar were having issues with rusting. Are any of you seeing rust issues? I really like the look of the Warn low bar the best but I'll go with the Maximus-3 if I am going to potentially face rust issues with the Warn.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My opinion is that all metal parts are susceptible to rust, especially at the welds.

Buy what you like and give it a quick spray touch up if necessary. I’ve scraped up my bumpers and sliders quite a bit on rocks, so maybe I’m just used to spray can touch up being part of my routine maintenance.

That said, I’ve had the warn low grille guard since January and haven’t seen any rust (yet)

renegadecaderyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I read on another thread that some users with the Warn bar were having issues with rusting. Are any of you seeing rust issues? I really like the look of the Warn low bar the best but I'll go with the Maximus-3 if I am going to potentially face rust issues with the Warn.
I've seen those posts as well. You may want to consider the JCR bull bar. They made some changes to their powder coating process and have a layer underneath to prevent rusting near the welds. I'm partial to the looks of the Warn myself and will probably go with that and powder coating redone if it does rust or just touch it up if it's minimal. I live in North Texas so it probably won't be as big of a deal for me vs PA.

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JLHR-B-PC.html

My opinion is that all metal parts are susceptible to rust, especially at the welds.

Buy what you like and give it a quick spray touch up if necessary. I’ve scraped up my bumpers and sliders quite a bit on rocks, so maybe I’m just used to spray can touch up being part of my routine maintenance.

That said, I’ve had the warn low grille guard since January and haven’t seen any rust (yet)
Good to hear you haven't had issues. I've seen pics of your Jeep with the Grille Guard installed in another thread. Looks great on the steel bumper!
Sponsored