OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Anyone know which blue this JK is? I parked next to it today when I went to the gym. When I left it was gone, I hope the owner appreciated what I did.

AA725F9D-3711-4071-BB8A-07FAEC4FFA44.jpeg

C53B1B8F-4C8E-42BF-A2E4-FB6534BE6B27.jpeg

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Anyone know which blue this JK is? I parked next to it today when I went to the gym. When I left it was gone, I hope the owner appreciated what I did.

AA725F9D-3711-4071-BB8A-07FAEC4FFA44.jpeg

C53B1B8F-4C8E-42BF-A2E4-FB6534BE6B27.jpeg
Looks like either hydro blue or cosmo blue JKU sport. Very similar colors, hard to tell in pictures. The hydro blue is coming to the JT soon and then probably going to replace Ocean Blue on the JL.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Looks like either hydro blue or cosmo blue JKU sport. Very similar colors, hard to tell in pictures. The hydro blue is coming to the JT soon and then probably going to replace Ocean Blue on the JL.
I’ve seen hydro blue before and I don’t think this was it. But, it was an overcast day so it was hard to tell.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I’ve seen hydro blue before and I don’t think this was it. But, it was an overcast day so it was hard to tell.
Well, it’s definitely not Deep Water Blue or True Blue, as those are very dark almost navy blue, so that leaves Cosmo Blue. The other shades of blue offered on the JK were either Chief Blue, which is much lighter as I’m sure you’re familiar, and Surf Blue in 2010 only which is a shade or two lighter than hydro. Did you happen to look closer at the Jeep and see about how old it is?

Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Well, it’s definitely not Deep Water Blue or True Blue, as those are very dark almost navy blue, so that leaves Cosmo Blue. The other shades of blue offered on the JK were either Chief Blue, which is much lighter as I’m sure you’re familiar, and Surf Blue in 2010 only which is a shade or two lighter than hydro. Did you happen to look closer at the Jeep and see about how old it is?

A quick look at the interior would narrow it down...and I did not look inside.

Dont forget about Steel Blue Metallic! - I really liked that blue

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
A quick look at the interior would narrow it down...and I did not look inside.

Dont forget about Steel Blue Metallic! - I really liked that blue
Sure, but that color is so easily recognized that it wasn’t even an option, lol. Looking at more pictures of hydro vs cosmo, I’m really leaning toward hydro. Just look at how dark your OBM JL looks compared to it too.

Edit: now I have doubts. It could be cosmo.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Sure, but that color is so easily recognized that it wasn’t even an option, lol. Looking at more pictures of hydro be cosmo, I’m really leaning toward hydro. Just look at how dark your OBM JL looks compared to it too.
I am leaning toward hydro too. I just joined this gym so I hope to see this JK again in the sun. Is it possible we are having trouble because the paint changed a little due to being exposed to the sun?

Yes, OBM is really dark on overcast days but shines when it’s bright out. I love this color.

Bic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Unlimited Sport S
It's Hydro Blue. The clear front turn signals mean that it is at least a 2014 model. The front signals changed from amber to clear in 2014. Hydro Blue was offered in 2014 and later.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
It's Hydro Blue. The clear front turn signals mean that it is at least a 2014 model. The front signals changed from amber to clear in 2014. Hydro Blue was offered in 2014 and later.
Damn, I knew I was missing something. Thanks.

Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
It’s possible the owner changed his front signals...I saw what i thought was hydro blue today and it was not this color...I think...

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap, I can't wait to get my Rubicon in this color. When Spock said that "having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting" he was full of ****.

One thing I've learned from looking at all these pictures is that they don't do the JL justice. I remember the first time I saw a JLR in person. I fell in love with it right away and was ready to forgive Jeep for the abomination that is the JK (apologies to current/past JK owners but I was ready to never buy a new Wrangler again until the JL). While these pics are great there's just something about the presence of the JLR that isn't translated.

KTLucy

First Name
Kimberley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2door Ocean Blue Rubicon & 2014 Mini Cooper Roadster S
CCAA5229-D2CF-482D-8979-9B4628CED6C2.jpeg

Not Cosmo Blue, that was mine before my trade for the Ocean Blue.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Trying to come up with an appropriate name for my blue Jeep. Thinking Bolian might fit. Wonder how many know the reference. :)

Picture from first phase of big snowfall last Saturday.
jeep in snow.jpg
Sponsored