Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2020 JLUR 2019 JTR 2021 JTRD
A few weeks ago Artec Industries picked up our 2018 JLUR from a Dealer in Michigan , We had drove it back to our facility 1600 miles over the next day and a half. On the drive we averaged 19mpg. (pretty good mileage for driving 80 mph )
Once it was back here All of us employees drooled all over it it didn't take us but a few hours until we started tearing into it and designing parts . I'm sure you saw some of our videos on facebook going over and under all the nitty gritty details.

This Jeep's build will be fairly mild like something you would see every day, Sure big builds are great for the shock and awe but we wanted something that your everyday guy would have. So our plan for this Jeep is to have a 3.5" Rock Krawler lift, 37x13.50x20 Maxxis Razrs wrapped around some Raceline Wheels. Along with a full Plethora of Artec Parts which you will see in this thread as we get the parts ready and installed . All of the Artec parts will be production parts that anyone can purchase .

JLUsnow2.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
We started off the build With our new JL Nighthawk mid tube stinger bumper Send it off to have it powder coated in a nice graphite to match the grille inserts and emblems and had the optional rock guard powdercoated in the factory red. Since it's a which bumper the obvious thing to do was dress it with a Superwinch EXP 10K lb winch with Factor 55 closed winching system .

jl5303b.jpg

jl5303d.jpg

jl5303f.jpg

jl5303g.jpg

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
After the front was done it was time to move on to the rear of the JL So we started designing our JL Rear bumper. We used feedback from customers since the JK line didnt work with a hitch so this one will work with the factory hitch on the JL and allows for used with the factory backup sensors . The bumper is still raw I'll update the pics when its back from the coater .
jl5501a.jpg

jl5501b.jpg
jl5501c.jpg
jl5501e.jpg

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
Time to move under the Jeep , Since the cad is pretty out there and the stock bracket was kind of weak and flimsy 18 gauge steel We had to add some beef. Out with the old , In with the Artec Shield Cad Skid . Made from 1/4" steel and this will be complete bolt on and have a slick hammered gray powder coat finish . While we were under the JL we also added our LCA Skids to beef up the factory brackets . This is all we have for now but in the near future we will add more keep checking this for up to date progress .
20180124_120424.jpg
20180124_120441.jpg
20180124_120452.jpg
20180124_120456.jpg

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
A few weeks ago Artec Industries picked up our 2018 JLUR from a Dealer in Michigan , We had drove it back to our facility 1600 miles over the next day and a half. On the drive we averaged 19mpg. (pretty good mileage for driving 80 mph )
Once it was back here All of us employees drooled all over it it didn't take us but a few hours until we started tearing into it and designing parts . I'm sure you saw some of our videos on facebook going over and under all the nitty gritty details.

This Jeep's build will be fairly mild like something you would see every day, Sure big builds are great for the shock and awe but we wanted something that your everyday guy would have. So our plan for this Jeep is to have a 3.5" Rock Krawler lift, 37x13.50x20 Maxxis Razrs wrapped around some Raceline Wheels. Along with a full Plethora of Artec Parts which you will see in this thread as we get the parts ready and installed . All of the Artec parts will be production parts that anyone can purchase .

JLUsnow2.jpg
Nice choice!

Sponsored

Madora

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Ram Rebel
After the front was done it was time to move on to the rear of the JL So we started designing our JL Rear bumper. We used feedback from customers since the JK line didnt work with a hitch so this one will work with the factory hitch on the JL and allows for used with the factory backup sensors . The bumper is still raw I'll update the pics when its back from the coater .
jl5501a.jpg

jl5501b.jpg
jl5501c.jpg
jl5501e.jpg
So where are you moving the license plate to?

Jtimbrook

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
@Artec when you all were doing the mock up of the skids did you notice if there will be any interference when using aftermarket shocks, like Kings? I know you all said the brackets seem to be made of a thinner material then before with the JK and I didn't know if the tolerances changed as well.

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
@Artec when you all were doing the mock up of the skids did you notice if there will be any interference when using aftermarket shocks, like Kings? I know you all said the brackets seem to be made of a thinner material then before with the JK and I didn't know if the tolerances changed as well.
Some brackets are thinner some are thicker , but the width is the same We dont think there will be any issues but we are also going to make some beefed up brackets also

Sponsored

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
Relocation to where? To the spare tire below the camera?
I believe the engineer working on it will be locating the plate above the camera since it protrudes a bit

CRC

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock, 2023 Toyota Camry XLE AWD
this one will work with the factory hitch on the JL and allows for used with the factory backup sensors
Putting the sensors on the wings of the taillight like that, and having the camera in the spare tire really clears the way for y'all to do what you want down there, huh?

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
Putting the sensors on the wings of the taillight like that, and having the camera in the spare tire really clears the way for y'all to do what you want down there, huh?
All of the backup sensors are in the bumper , We did not modify the taillights at all this one has the Saftey package with Led lights so the wings on the lights are for the blind spot monitoring

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Great update guys!

I’m interested in the lift to see how it works in the real world.

From the look of your rear bumper is that made from aluminum?

One of the things I noticed over this past year with the group I off road with has been a major problem of weight with all of the add ons such as, armor, bumpers, roof rack and so fourth. It kills the MPG. Most folks think how bad could it hurt?
With my TJ we pulled the rear cabinet setup that was made of wood and made it out of aluminum. My MPG went from 10 MPG to 14-15 MPG on the HWY and off road from 6 MPG to 10MPG. Almost all of my trips my gas bill would run between $400-$600 for the trip, this last trip it was only $206. That is a huge saving.
Last weeks trip there were two JKUR, one with a gobi roof rack, winch, warn front bumper and armor. The other JKUR only had a front bumper that has been changed. The one with all the heavy upgrades was at half a tank while the other JK was at 3/4 a tank. For folks like us who do these trips every month the saving of $200-$400 per trip on gas ads up at the end of the year. Last year I did 80 days off road camping and if you do the math on what my gas saving would add up to it’s a good chunk of change.
With that being said. I have a JLUR on order, it should be here mid February per the dealership. I’m going to want as many of my upgrades out of aluminum as I can. I know it cost more upfront, yet the savings over a year will out weight the upfront cost.

Keep us updated on your build.

J
Sponsored