UPDATE: Off Road Pages DOES NOT requires a Guardian Services Subscription

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
I had the dealer follow the TSB 1/28/19 to update my uConnect to add the ORP. They worked great until this Monday, the day after my 1 year free trial in the SiriusXM Guardian services expired. I contacted uConnect customer care asking if you have to have Guardian services to have the ORP. Here is the reply I received.

Thank you for contacting Customer Care.

We are disappointed to learn of your concern with the Off Road Pages regarding your Wrangler Unlimited and I would like to assure you that I will do everything I can to assist you.

I have looked into the Off Road Pages further and have determined you are correct, you do need an active subscription with Sirius Guardian in order to be able to utilize that feature.
If you would like to resubscribe to Sirius Guardian you can do so by calling them at 844-796-4827.

Thank you again for your email Gregory. Have a great day.

Best wishes,
Jocelyn
Jeep Customer Care"
Sponsored

Last edited:

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I wonder what legal leg they have to stand on since the Jeep was marketed with those pages and in many cases purchased expecting those pages. Now to tie it to a paid service.... I am thinking someone will take a law suit. It would be in FCAs best interest to remove that requirement.

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Is it tied to a service on the Grand Cherokee?

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it tied to a service on the Grand Cherokee?
I have no idea but would assume it would be the same in all the 18-19 jeep 8.4 uConnect systems that offer the ORP.

Sponsored

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
I have no idea but would assume it would be the same in all the 18-19 jeep 8.4 uConnect systems that offer the ORP.
Sirius guardian site says nothing about ORP being a subscriber only feature.

Dealer swapped my radio head Tues and the ORP were there and working as of yesterday which was my 1 yr of ownership. I’ll check it again tomorrow or so and see if I still have it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have figured all along that ORP was indeed tied to the JL owner's subscription with Sirius Guardian and that in order to be able to utilize that feature "ORP" you would need to keep a current subscription.

Notice how Off Road Pages (ORP) loads.... with that, from the get-go, I thought ORP was tied to Sirius Guardian.

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ‘18 JLUR
I have figured all along that ORP was indeed tied to the JL owner's subscription with Sirius Guardian and that in order to be able to utilize that feature "ORP" you would need to keep a current subscription.

Notice how Off Road Pages (ORP) loads.... with that, from the get-go, I thought ORP was tied to Sirius Guardian.
You’re a genius. You should have told us months ago and saved us the effort of trying to get them downloaded.:headbang:

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sirius guardian site says nothing about ORP being a subscriber only feature.

Dealer swapped my radio head Tues and the ORP were there and working as of yesterday which was my 1 yr of ownership. I’ll check it again tomorrow or so and see if I still have it.
The same day my ORP disappeared I had a new icon that says "Activate connected services" or something like that. If I select it a screen pops up saying to call a number to activate. Have you got that icon yet? Are you still able to use the uConnect app on your phone as a remote? That will tell you if they have shut your services off yet or not.

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I noticed when first starting my JLUR each time it would just have a U icon and it would take a minute or so before it would change to the ORP icon. I thought that was odd but never put 2 and 2 together.

Sponsored

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
The same day my ORP disappeared I had a new icon that says "Activate connected services" or something like that. If I select it a screen pops up saying to call a number to activate. Have you got that icon yet? Are you still able to use the uConnect app on your phone as a remote? That will tell you if they have shut your services off yet or not.

Yesterday was my 1 yr and it was working then. I’m out of town til this weekend so I’ll look at it then. Wonder if anyone post 1 yr has it who isn’t paying for the guardian service? That should confirm it...

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yesterday was my 1 yr and it was working then. I’m out of town til this weekend so I’ll look at it then. Wonder if anyone post 1 yr has it who isn’t paying for the guardian service? That should confirm it...
The 18 JL just started arriving at dealerships in January 18 and most owners lost the ORP last June. Some got them back with an update in September others like me had to take the jeep into the dealer and request they follow the TSB that came out in January to add them if we even new about the TSB. Most dealers do t seem to know about it until you give them the TSB number. I'm thinking a lot of JL owners lost them previously and never got them back. So it's probably still a small number of us that have JLs that are more than 1 year since delivery that even look for the ORP.

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
i had a feeling the orp were part of the guardian. this is bull. i have to say they are not worth having to pay for. now, if they had some mapping features...now id pay for that as i think a lot of hardcore off roaders would. people with 20's maybe not

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
I was at the Chicago Auto show yesterday... they’re marketing the Gladiator with ORP as well and NO MENTION of that being a subscription service.

EE2CBFA0-CD38-4FBE-8885-2DBD3CAB751D.jpeg

@JeepCares this is total bait and switch bullshit. I need SiriusXM Guardian for ORP? To show my drivetrain status? Pitch and roll? Accessory gauges? Really? Because that’s ALL it is.

It’s a neat “page”. But it doesn’t need satellite connectivity and a subscription to do those 3 things that are native to the truck to begin with.

I can figure out my own GPS coordinates. Or use a paper map. But you’re selling us something we already bought!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
You’re a genius. You should have told us months ago and saved us the effort of trying to get them downloaded.:headbang:
@LS7

I'm friggin 70 years old. At my age I'm forgetful .... ah, geeeez... fruck...., I was going to tell you young guys/gals but I forgot to.

Anyway, Ya'd think, a 70 year old would be one of the last to figure out, that ORP was indeed tied to the JL owner's subscription with Sirius Guardian and that in order to be able to utilize that feature "ORP" you would need to keep a current subscription.

You millennial's need to wise up.... :LOL::CWL:

In closing.... when I get my notice form Sirius Guardian regarding renewal, I will be on the phone with their "retentions" department and negotiating with them for a very low price for the service.

I do this negotiating every 6 months with my SiriusXM music subscription.

IF they give me a bottom $ renewal price I may or may not renew. I'm thinking I will not renew.

Sponsored