Cracked Windshield Club

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
When I bought my Jeep my dealer sells windshield insurance I talked them down to $550 for 5 years and no deductible they will fix or replace up to $5000 in windshields. So I figure one break and I’m already even for what I paid.
Sponsored

Too Smalls

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
i joined the club today .... with 122 miles on my JLUR. I picked the Jeep up from the dealership on saturday.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
wish my dealer offered a replacement plan for the windshield but they didn't. I did ask to be sure. 1/18/2019 Deliver and 1,300mi all good so far

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Well count me in on this club too, I've got a crack almost the entire way across my windshield. I'm looking to have my Jeep detailed but also want the glass replaced, dealer quoted me 470. Is having the windshield a messy job and should I wait to have it replaced before getting it cleaned?

Probably I guess to be on the safe side. :)

kms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
When I bought my Jeep my dealer sells windshield insurance I talked them down to $550 for 5 years and no deductible they will fix or replace up to $5000 in windshields. So I figure one break and I’m already even for what I paid.
I’m curious on the details. The glass package they tried to sell me only covered situations I’ve almost never seen. And doesn’t replace, only repairs. Hopefully you actually got better coverage.

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I’m curious on the details. The glass package they tried to sell me only covered situations I’ve almost never seen. And doesn’t replace, only repairs. Hopefully you actually got better coverage.
It does say repair or replace chips they can repair but cracks hey can’t I’m covered up to 5,000 in repairs

GWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
New member of the cracked windshield club here with my 2018 JLUR at 5600 miles. Safelite installed a replacement today. The part number is the same as my previous windshield (P68291705AB) but there is a "17" instead of an "18" above the "Made in USA" line. The Safelite part number is DW02415 GTYOEM, matching what others in this thread have seen. I am trying to determine if there is a difference between windshields with "17" vs. "18". Someone on another forum thought the 18 was associated with the upgraded audio package, which I have. Earlier in this thread, @1quick1 mentioned he has a "17" on his Sport, so perhaps it varies by trim level. Can anyone shed light on this? I'm just trying to make sure that Safelite installed the correct glass.

rubicon_windshield.jpg

safelite_receipt.jpg

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

New member of the cracked windshield club here with my 2018 JLUR at 5600 miles. Safelite installed a replacement today. The part number is the same as my previous windshield (P68291705AB) but there is a "17" instead of an "18" above the "Made in USA" line. The Safelite part number is DW02415 GTYOEM, matching what others in this thread have seen. I am trying to determine if there is a difference between windshields with "17" vs. "18". Someone on another forum thought the 18 was associated with the upgraded audio package, which I have. Earlier in this thread, @1quick1 mentioned he has a "17" on his Sport, so perhaps it varies by trim level. Can anyone shed light on this? I'm just trying to make sure that Safelite installed the correct glass.

rubicon_windshield.jpg

safelite_receipt.jpg
That far right part # on my Rubicon ends in 1705AC

Also on the left under Mopar says AS1 18

jemms2be

First Name
Edie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Sahara, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Discovered this forum and although I had to laugh at first, I guess I'm eligible to join... I was heading back from a weekend in SC when guy cut me off and kicked a rock onto my windshield. I heard it and knew to look, but it started high. Still 3 hours from home I watched it travel vertical about 5 inches. This was back in November. I decided to wait and repair until I had to, after getting a couple of quotes. With the cold weather it has travelled horizontally and I'll have to replace it soon. My 2018 Wrangler JLU was less than 3 months old and had less then 2000 miles on it.

Sbnewsom

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@GregMG79

A bunch of guys here have had a good experience with Safelite and their JL.

Not sure why your replacement quote was as high as you state.

DO see the receipt below that shows the part number at Safelite for the correct windshield for the JL:

safelite receipt - JL Windshield.jpg

safelite receipt - JL Windshield.jpg

safelite receipt - JL Windshield - part2.jpg

Verify before they install that the marking on the windshield is the same
JLacoustical glass.JPG
How in the world did you get that price? When I get an estimate online from safelite it says $575.00 WTF

Sponsored

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
How in the world did you get that price? When I get an estimate online from safelite it says $575.00 WTF
I got quoted 575 for the Mopar one with the little Jeep. About 450 for the one without which I’m assuming is aftermarket.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
That was a repost of another guys receipt.

bigsteiner5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2016 Chevy suburban 1995.5 s6
Occupation
Project manager
Welp, I almost made it 1 year..... Bought my wrangler Feb 28 2018 and my windshield cracked yesterday on my way to church. Made it 8300 miles, guess I’ve been “luckier” than others. While taking my daughter to school this morning this thing has spread like the plague. I guess I’ll be going through insurance bc I have a $100 deductible but I got a price through safelite to pay out of pocket.... pretty expensive! I was curious the price of a rear window and it’s astronomical. Not sure if that includes the rear wiper assembly or just the window.

A1FBAB43-7B7F-4C22-BC51-037F4827F000.jpeg

F9695210-B25F-4F3F-998E-3FE727A3252C.png

F25F90F4-72A8-4B46-9401-B50E4438C350.png

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The annoying thing is that we all end up paying for this through increased premiums. If JL windshield cracks are this insane, I'm not gonna replace it every time. I'll delay.
I agree, as mine got hit about a month ago. I repaired it and will wait.