Extended Warranties - Canada

Rubicam

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Has anyone in Canada purchased an extended warranty with their new JL?

I have seen a few threads about the US warranties, seems like a pretty steep price for their "lifetime" warranty package. In other words, I could do a lot of repairs for the 3-7k they seem to be charging.

That being said, I currently have the Ford protection plan and it has been awesome. Owning my F150 for the last five years (purchased new) has not cost me a cent, everything has been covered including brakes and wipers lol.

Anyway, just wondering as there isn't much information online.
Sponsored

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Interested in this, as I have yet to see much on Canadian Warranties myself either.....

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Interested in this, as I have yet to see much on Canadian Warranties myself either.....
Just a heads up, if you plan to modify your JL, it may not be worthwhile extending your warranty? If something goes wrong with your ride they may try to reject your claim if you've fitted 37's, lift kit etc. Extended warranty not worth the dollars IMO

Tdymond

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLRU

I have seen a few threads about the US warranties, seems like a pretty steep price for their "lifetime" warranty package. In other words, I could do a lot of repairs for the 3-7k they seem to be charging.

That being said, I currently have the Ford protection plan and it has been awesome. Owning my F150 for the last five years (purchased new) has not cost me a cent, everything has been covered including brakes and wipers lol.

Have you had much luck with this? I’ve emailed around to a few dealers. Seems that if you push them for a better price they will try and negotiate. I’m in Ontario and have been emailing around the GTA Kingston and Ottawa

OP
OP
Rubicam

Rubicam

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Can’t say I’ve had any luck.

Not overly impressed with the Canadian warranty packages, which is odd as I would have paid for a top end package at time of purchase had it been offered.

Sponsored

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU

Hi there, I just purchased FCA plan 413 (4/100) from Ottawa Chrysler, saw it on this thread or the other one, don't remember. They were the most competitively priced dealership out there and Sean Gibson who I dealt with made it super easy and convenient. Would not hesitate to recommend.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I purchased a third party one via my dealer this time around. My 2016 Cherokee had a 413 package with it. 180,000km coverage. Canada's packages are pretty lame compared to the US. No lifetime coverage.
Sponsored