Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

volspastor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S Punk'n Metallic
Well, I waited a month too long to order this I guess. I ordered from Mopar Wholesale which is in this thread several times. It had been sitting in processing since monday so I went ahead and called the company. The guy on the phone said Mopar has stopped shipping the part 68297546AF for the 7 inch uconnect and replaced it with something that is more expensive ($600 instead of $400) but there is no order option or info on the part yet. He couldn't give me a part number for the new one either. When I go to Rock auto and try and order now it tells me that 68297546AF is out of stock. Anyone know places other than infotainment I may be able to order this?
I got mine last Friday from this place. $415. Part number is different. They were very helpful. I have had one issue but all is well for now.

https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com/
Sponsored

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just received this from a customer support person at Tasca.
"Good morning, Alex.

Unfortunately, the radio you've purchased is not something I'm able to order for you. It's been updated to part #68420237AC per Mopar, and requires pre-authorization from your dealer's service department, as part of a warranty bulletin. (Bulletin #D-18-18). That said, I've removed that part from the order and will issue you a refund for that and the difference in shipping if you'd like to still order the bezel.

Please let me know and we'll go from there. :)

Thank you!
Joy"

OP
OP
thewolfman2010

thewolfman2010

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (JL)
Well, I waited a month too long to order this I guess. I ordered from Mopar Wholesale which is in this thread several times. It had been sitting in processing since monday so I went ahead and called the company. The guy on the phone said Mopar has stopped shipping the part 68297546AF for the 7 inch uconnect and replaced it with something that is more expensive ($600 instead of $400) but there is no order option or info on the part yet. He couldn't give me a part number for the new one either. When I go to Rock auto and try and order now it tells me that 68297546AF is out of stock. Anyone know places other than infotainment I may be able to order this?
Check MyMoparParts.com ? Looks like they have some still...

Sponsored

Tony V

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I just installed my Uconnect 4 7" with Apple Car Play. Does your carplay looks like this? I hate the orange box around it!! Looks like crap!! I have seen others that dont look like this..... help!!!

jeep apple car play.jpg
Did you ever figure this out? Stock 7 inch does not look like this.

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
bumping for ideas on where I might be able to buy a 7 inch Uconnect now that Mopar has put a lock on ordering them. I've tried the following:
Tasca
moparwholesaleparts
mymoparparts

volspastor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S Punk'n Metallic
Well my 7" Uconnect that I replaced my 5" with messed up and I had to return it. I'm gonna wait until the kinks are worked out.

Sponsored

robmoz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
bumping for ideas on where I might be able to buy a 7 inch Uconnect now that Mopar has put a lock on ordering them. I've tried the following:
Tasca
moparwholesaleparts
mymoparparts
I just got shipping confirmation from Tasca. Ordered it about a week ago. Fingers crossed.

UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just got shipping confirmation from Tasca. Ordered it about a week ago. Fingers crossed.
wtf, what part # did you order? Would you mind providing the order number through direct message? I'd like to send it to the customer service rep telling me they can't find the one they were going to ship me and is now saying they can't order more.

robmoz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
wtf, what part # did you order? Would you mind providing the order number through direct message? I'd like to send it to the customer service rep telling me they can't find the one they were going to ship me and is now saying they can't order more.
done. Hope you have better luck this time with them!

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
Same here please, Id like to order.