Mojito Rubicaon - Stuff that’s done, stuff yet to do

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I’ve had my Rubi since December. I really had no firm plan of what I wanted to do to it. Reading thru the forums, watching YouTubes and seeing what people around me are doing to thier jeeps are giving me ideas and I’m changing it up as I go.

So far I’ve installed Ace Rock Sliders and Quake RGB Halo headlights. The sliders were first in line because my wife and daughter wanted something to step up with. I like the Ace sliders because of their simplicity and utilitarian look. The Quakes just sort of happened. I knew I wanted to do some sort of LED headlight upgrade, but was not sure which one. Then I came upon someone selling these on the forum cheap. They seem pretty decent. I think the RGB programmable halos are a nice novelty. Anyway, I decided to to with matching Quake fogs.

Now for the stuff I’ve bought, but have not gotten installed yet. I found a used OEM bumper & skid plate and a pair of LED Rubicon fenders with OEM LED lights. So I now have all my front end lighting set up. The bumper has OEM LED fogs which I’ll probably sell off shortly. As you can see from the picture, I also have a Stealth Winch, winch plate and Warn recovery points. I need a couple of nut inserts and frame brackets to do the bumper. Until I get those, everything else has to wait. I’m shooting for next week to get all the extra parts. The new fenders with LEDs don’t have inner fenders, so if I use them, I’ll have to pull the inner fenders from my existing ones. One of the fenders has some scratches on it, so I may not use that one. In any event, I’ll need some plastic rivets to do that job and I’m waiting for the rivets and took to arrive from amazon. The Warn recovery points require some cutting of the bumper, so obviously I’ll need the bumper installed before I put them on.

I’d like bigger tires and different wheels, but stock 33s are good enough for me now. I’ll probably wait till I wear those out and then decide to move up to 35s. I don’t know about bigger. Lift kits and re gears are not really of interest to me. Definitely thinking about adding the Diabolical rear storage area. Also looking at center console vaults. Those will probably happen after I get the stuff I have already installed. I also have an itch for a Gobi Roof rack or something equivalent. Seems like that would be good for carrying oversized items like kayaks, paddle boards, oversized pop up shelters like my Clam. And since they are removable its not something I’d have to leave on all the time. Maybe the last thing I’ll do is a rear bumper. Not sure what I’d be looking for in a rear bumper. The OEM steel one is ok, but I dont see spending much for one of those to replace the stock plastic. And I think my spare tire carrier and bumper are ok for 35” tires if I go there.
06E13598-18C8-4C45-8719-F9E9D3BE3B5C.jpeg
Sponsored

Jeephairchick

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR; Previous: 2016 Hydro Blue JKU
I’ve had my Rubi since December. I really had no firm plan of what I wanted to do to it. Reading thru the forums, watching YouTubes and seeing what people around me are doing to thier jeeps are giving me ideas and I’m changing it up as I go.

So far I’ve installed Ace Rock Sliders and Quake RGB Halo headlights. The sliders were first in line because my wife and daughter wanted something to step up with. I like the Ace sliders because of their simplicity and utilitarian look. The Quakes just sort of happened. I knew I wanted to do some sort of LED headlight upgrade, but was not sure which one. Then I came upon someone selling these on the forum cheap. They seem pretty decent. I think the RGB programmable halos are a nice novelty. Anyway, I decided to to with matching Quake fogs.

Now for the stuff I’ve bought, but have not gotten installed yet. I found a used OEM bumper & skid plate and a pair of LED Rubicon fenders with OEM LED lights. So I now have all my front end lighting set up. The bumper has OEM LED fogs which I’ll probably sell off shortly. As you can see from the picture, I also have a Stealth Winch, winch plate and Warn recovery points. I need a couple of nut inserts and frame brackets to do the bumper. Until I get those, everything else has to wait. I’m shooting for next week to get all the extra parts. The new fenders with LEDs don’t have inner fenders, so if I use them, I’ll have to pull the inner fenders from my existing ones. One of the fenders has some scratches on it, so I may not use that one. In any event, I’ll need some plastic rivets to do that job and I’m waiting for the rivets and took to arrive from amazon. The Warn recovery points require some cutting of the bumper, so obviously I’ll need the bumper installed before I put them on.

I’d like bigger tires and different wheels, but stock 33s are good enough for me now. I’ll probably wait till I wear those out and then decide to move up to 35s. I don’t know about bigger. Lift kits and re gears are not really of interest to me. Definitely thinking about adding the Diabolical rear storage area. Also looking at center console vaults. Those will probably happen after I get the stuff I have already installed. I also have an itch for a Gobi Roof rack or something equivalent. Seems like that would be good for carrying oversized items like kayaks, paddle boards, oversized pop up shelters like my Clam. And since they are removable its not something I’d have to leave on all the time. Maybe the last thing I’ll do is a rear bumper. Not sure what I’d be looking for in a rear bumper. The OEM steel one is ok, but I dont see spending much for one of those to replace the stock plastic. And I think my spare tire carrier and bumper are ok for 35” tires if I go there.
06E13598-18C8-4C45-8719-F9E9D3BE3B5C.jpeg

Do you have any pic of the rock sliders installed?? Do they mount to the frame or the body? I am thinking about putting those on mine once I get a lift until I can afford the amp steps.

OP
OP
Jondrew

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Do you have any pic of the rock sliders installed?? Do they mount to the frame or the body? I am thinking about putting those on mine once I get a lift until I can afford the amp steps.
The Ace sliders mount to the body bolts and allow you to keep the Rubicon stock sliders to hide that ugly pinch weld. Check out the threads titled “broken body bolts” before you pick your sliders. I did not have a problem. Others have. Not just with Ace, but any sliders that require you to remove the body bolts to install.
C25F3D3E-6EF1-47E2-9AB3-FBF4A5F4A196.jpeg
B44FF206-DC33-4219-81B9-E727FA22D778.jpeg
41FE9B02-83E0-425B-B187-2880E16C37A2.jpeg
1FE3A375-6BAF-4D1A-ADB0-26739DDEEBB8.jpeg
3C468099-31FB-4B7E-ABD3-F48A2324A0A2.jpeg

8D091D7F-884C-4D4A-A500-1B1C418B7F93.jpeg

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
The Ace sliders mount to the body bolts and allow you to keep the Rubicon stock sliders to hide that ugly pinch weld. Check out the threads titled “broken body bolts” before you pick your sliders. I did not have a problem. Others have. Not just with Ace, but any sliders that require you to remove the body bolts to install.
C25F3D3E-6EF1-47E2-9AB3-FBF4A5F4A196.jpeg
B44FF206-DC33-4219-81B9-E727FA22D778.jpeg
41FE9B02-83E0-425B-B187-2880E16C37A2.jpeg
3C468099-31FB-4B7E-ABD3-F48A2324A0A2.jpeg

8D091D7F-884C-4D4A-A500-1B1C418B7F93.jpeg
Those ace sliders are nice but you still have to step up about 17 inches which is high when wearing a skirt.

OP
OP
Jondrew

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Those ace sliders are nice but you still have to step up about 17 inches which is high when wearing a skirt.
Usually not an issue for me. Fortunately my wife’s work is casual dress so she doesn’t wear them often either. Did you get the power steps?

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Usually not an issue for me. Fortunately my wife’s work is casual dress so she doesn’t wear them often either. Did you get the power steps?
Yes I got the rock slides. They should be installed this weekend.
I hated to spend the money but my husband said of all the things I bought for my Jeep those are what I really needed.
Sponsored