Show off your Delivered JL Here!

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
I'm fairly certain ACE said their sliders will work with the factory Rubicon rails.
They will. I called earlier today and ordered a set of JLU rock sliders from Ace. 10% forum discount + shipping. They said they're getting a Rubicon in later this week and will double check the fitting with the OEM Rock rails before starting production and shipping.
Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
They will. I called earlier today and ordered a set of JLU rock sliders from Ace. 10% forum discount + shipping. They said they're getting a Rubicon in later this week and will double check the fitting with the OEM Rock rails before starting production and shipping.
Good to know they offer that discount to us. What did you pick out?

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Side steps don't really belong on a Jeep unless it's mostly a pavement princess. :angel: J/K I don't judge how people use their Jeeps.
If you ever plan on going offroading I would stay away from the style above. I see those smashing into the tub with any sort of contact.
On the JK they had lots of slider options that also had a step built onto them, but they were mostly useless on lifted Jeeps(too high)

This obstacle would have destroyed the steps above and probably damaged the tub in doing so. Luckily, with the actual sliders it only took some paint off...
DSC_0007-1.jpg

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Guess the question is do you want more of a true step of a wider stance or more of a rock slider?

For rock sliders:

Another with built-in step:

Is anyone thinking of installing side steps? I can get into the JLUR no problem, but see it as an incentive to other drivers to not open their doors into my door. My current car has too many dings from as*holes.

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
But that’s what she asked for??? :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Side steps don't really belong on a Jeep unless it's mostly a pavement princess. :angel: J/K I don't judge how people use their Jeeps.
If you ever plan on going offroading I would stay away from the style above. I see those smashing into the tub with any sort of contact.
On the JK they had lots of slider options that also had a step built onto them, but they were mostly useless on lifted Jeeps(too high)

This obstacle would have destroyed the steps above and probably damaged the tub in doing so. Luckily, with the actual sliders it only took some paint off...
DSC_0007-1.jpg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
But that’s what she asked for??? :headbang::headbang::headbang:
Maybe you should read it again. From my understanding the main reason for the steps is not to make the Jeep easier to get into, but to prevent as*holes from hitting the new Jeep. As*holes and Rocks are what my sliders have always great at deflecting...

"Is anyone thinking of installing side steps? I can get into the JLUR no problem, but see it as an incentive to other drivers to not open their doors into my door. My current car has too many dings from as*holes."

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Correct, “side steps” not rock sliders.

Plenty of options. :clap::clap::clap:

Maybe you should read it again. From my understanding the main reason for the steps is not to make the Jeep easier to get into, but to prevent as*holes from hitting the new Jeep. As*holes and Rocks are what my sliders have always great at deflecting...

"Is anyone thinking of installing side steps? I can get into the JLUR no problem, but see it as an incentive to other drivers to not open their doors into my door. My current car has too many dings from as*holes."

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
I like those! I think that’s what I’m going to get and have it ready to install when I get my JLUR. Thanks for the information.
I had em on my JK and they work really well. Keep people from dinging your doors and serve a purpose for off roading.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking more about it needs the premium Rubicon wheels.

D0E4AD79-D03A-4E42-949A-E508AC24FBF9.jpeg

14A5E939-791A-40F7-9A5C-E7FA2FA12224.jpeg

29493D89-C4C6-43B7-BACA-74BC6F22866A.jpeg
I don't mean to be negative Nelly, but the premium wheels are not as nice as the stock rubi wheels. Maybe in person they're nice but in pics I don't like the painted ones. Sorry fellas :puke:
Sponsored