Sponsored

JL with Mopar beadlock wheels and 2" lift

tikidog

First Name
Kevin & Vicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ; 2017 JKR; 2018 JLR HellaYella; 2018 JLUR Mojito!
Find a new paint shop.

Any paint shop worth their salt wil either have a sandblaster or chemical strippers that will remove the powder coating or, worst case, send it out for removal prior to being painted.
Thanks. We took your advice. We had worked with that body shop before, and thought they were ok, but the second shop didn't have a problem with it at all. They said they could powder coat OR paint over the existing finish.
Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
What winch is that? Thanks.
It's a Quadratec Q10000 Competition. You can't get them anymore. A buddy had one and sold his Jeep before installing it so I got it from him cheap...

DrowningTurtle

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Army
Since a few people have requested pics, thought I would share a few. Had the rings powder coated red. For those interested, tires are 35" Dunlop Fierce Attitude MT. I am VERY impressed with them so far, and ate through the 2 nor'easters we've recently had. She is a little dirty, but isn't that how she is supposed to look? :rock:

lifted1.jpg

lifted2.jpg

lifted3.jpg
Now that you’ve had this setup for awhile, how are you liking those tires? Any rubbing with that setup that you’ve noticed?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Now that you’ve had this setup for awhile, how are you liking those tires? Any rubbing with that setup that you’ve noticed?
Should be no rubbing. I ran 35s on Mopar beadlocks for the last two months with stock suspended. Flexed to the max I clear by 1/4"

Sponsored

JLU412

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/Charger
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have a picture of these wheels on a Mojito JL without the matching trim ring? Trying to get an idea of how they would look with just the silver.

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
Why so much concern about getting a flat on these? Just throw the full size spare that you carry around at all times and take it to a 4 wheel shop if a normal tire shop is giving you a hassle. This is an honest question

Also, any decent paint shop, like previously mentioned, can paint or powdercoat those rings. I have always powdercoated my wheels for durability, but if I was trying to get a match I would probably paint and just accept it is going to get a little beat up with use. Unless you never take it offroad... but then I would probably opt for a less expensive wheel, personally

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Why so much concern about getting a flat on these? Just throw the full size spare that you carry around at all times and take it to a 4 wheel shop if a normal tire shop is giving you a hassle. This is an honest question

Also, any decent paint shop, like previously mentioned, can paint or powdercoat those rings. I have always powdercoated my wheels for durability, but if I was trying to get a match I would probably paint and just accept it is going to get a little beat up with use. Unless you never take it offroad... but then I would probably opt for a less expensive wheel, personally
so you powder coat your own wheels either you have a machine to do it or you take a can of rattle can it. that's not the same andand wo hold up as good

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
so you powder coat your own wheels either you have a machine to do it or you take a can of rattle can it. that's not the same andand wo hold up as good
I assume when someone says they powder coat their wheels, they mean they paid someone else to do it.

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
Correct... I do not powdercoat my own wheels, I was meaning I pay a shop to powdercoat them. I realize now that might have been confusing. What I was saying is that, from my experience, you get much closer color match if you paint (or pay someone to paint) the wheel, but for me the powdercoating held up better.

To the OP, I think your setup looks sharp. I plan on doing the same but with a black beadlock ring

Sponsored

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar 2" lift, mopar simulated beadlock wheels, 37x12.50 Toyo MT's

RMojitoJL1.jpg

RMojitoJL2.jpg

RMojitoJL3.jpg

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
These are 315/70R17 KO2’s on the Mopar beadlock wheels, nearly flush with the fenders.

581AF825-4B57-4DC0-AE00-B6AD8A8585BF.jpeg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Mopar 2" lift, mopar simulated beadlock wheels, 37x12.50 Toyo MT's

RMojitoJL1.jpg

RMojitoJL2.jpg

RMojitoJL3.jpg
Thats the first wheel ring on that Mopar wheel with the green . i have to admit that really looks great with that color. All i have seen is the red with that wheel

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Powdercoat them

844D0E30-D840-4B02-9D64-6F3FA68EB388.jpeg
Sponsored