Not open for further replies.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
So they didn’t call you first before they installed a defective product? Wow. They must have wanted to make their money before you left. That sucks.
It's been my experience that some shops get pissy when you don't order thru them. And they just end up doing a half-assed job. You almost have to babysit them.
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
That sucks. I have had great service with northridge and Lod. I also wouldn’t let 4wp touch my Jeep.
^^^^^This. I’ve been doing business with Northridge 4x4 for 12 years. I’ve ordered every Jeep part imaginable, including Dynatrac axles. Never had any problems. Best in the biz in my opinion. Can’t say the same about 4WP.

Which company did the shipping? UPS?

Coopdeville

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Last week I had the complete opposite interaction with Meg at Northridge 4x4. My Warn VR10s winch came damaged. I continued to install it still. She had me send her pics so I did and she overnighted me a whole new winch. I didn’t realize that I would have excellent customer service and have a new one the next day or I wouldn’t have installed it at all.

88984D48-4521-4E25-B350-808C03F9047B.jpeg

chadly25

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes CLS550, 2013 JKU Sport, 2018 JLUR
You are the exception, not the rule. If you receive anything damaged immediately take photos as soon as you notice it and contact the seller. If you’re lucky enough to see box damage when they drop it off to you then ask them to wait while you check the contents. If there is damage, refuse the delivery. The last thing you want to do is begin installing a defective part. Once you cross that line you will have a hard time getting things corrected.
Last week I had the complete opposite interaction with Meg at Northridge 4x4. My Warn VR10s winch came damaged. I continued to install it still. She had me send her pics so I did and she overnighted me a whole new winch. I didn’t realize that I would have excellent customer service and have a new one the next day or I wouldn’t have installed it at all.

88984D48-4521-4E25-B350-808C03F9047B.jpeg

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
You are the exception, not the rule. If you receive anything damaged immediately take photos as soon as you notice it and contact the seller. If you’re lucky enough to see box damage when they drop it off to you then ask them to wait while you check the contents. If there is damage, refuse the delivery. The last thing you want to do is begin installing a defective part. Once you cross that line you will have a hard time getting things corrected.
Agreed, it's likely Warn agreed to eat that one and that's why it was handled how it was. Complete exception to the rule, I very much doubt Northridge is going to take a hit on a damaged, installed product.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I had a similar problem but unfortunately it was just a bummer. I bought some LOD stuff but they were sent to a performance shop, They then sent stuff off to powder coat and then sent back. All that stuff was then shipped to another shop to install. I was missing a bunch of parts but it all transferred hands so many times that of course all said the stuff was there.

Coopdeville

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Agreed, it's likely Warn agreed to eat that one and that's why it was handled how it was. Complete exception to the rule, I very much doubt Northridge is going to take a hit on a damaged, installed product.
I don’t believe I was an exception since I didn’t let it change hands before installation. Should inspect stuff before having it installed. Exception or not and I don’t care who took the hit (since it wasn’t me). I was just stating that Meg and Northridge 4x4 were of excellent service and had a new winch in my hands within 12hrs. She answered all of my questions and provided me with all new shipping info. Within an hour of the first email I had a tracking number for the new one. Can’t really ask for better IMO.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I honestly feel this falls on you. You ordered the parts. You saw the box was damaged. You did not inspect it. Then 4WP installed them, they did not tell you about.

Sorry to say it, but not LOD or north ridge issue.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
My UPS guy always waits for me to open any boxes that have damage. He even volunteers to help me unpack them.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I had good luck with mega and Northridge and my signature sliders. The accents were damaged. Got new ones plus a small gift card for my trouble

Sponsored

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
This is being posted all over and I will reply with the same thing I have been .

It’s a very simple process if you have a problem with a part all you have to do is call us and my customer service team will take great care of you when you do.

Exceptions to this.

Do not modify the part and try and fix it
Do not install the part.

Once the part is installed most if not all mfg’s can not and will not assist us. We also can not file a shipping claim to claim any damage.

My customer service team is instructed to fix problems and make customers happy but you have to follow two very small rules.

Just like the above reference with the warn winch. Customer called right away and was taken care of right away. That is the normal thing that happens 20-30 times per day.

David

Last edited:

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
What proof is there the installer didn’t damage it? I’d take it up with them.
I thought about this too....or at the very least, taking it up with the shop for installing a clearly damaged part. One things for sure, it definitely doesn't fall in the laps of LOD or Northridge at this point.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
I don’t believe I was an exception since I didn’t let it change hands before installation. Should inspect stuff before having it installed. Exception or not and I don’t care who took the hit (since it wasn’t me). I was just stating that Meg and Northridge 4x4 were of excellent service and had a new winch in my hands within 12hrs. She answered all of my questions and provided me with all new shipping info. Within an hour of the first email I had a tracking number for the new one. Can’t really ask for better IMO.
Read NR's reply a few below yours. If they took care of your winch _after_ you installed it, you were the exception to the rule. It's important not to spread misinformation, as NR's (and other vendor's) reputation rides on it. As I had mentioned, and as NR made clear, once it's installed - they're not going to be able to get a mfg to handle a claim, and it's not fair for them to eat the cost just because someone installed the part even though it was damaged. There's no way to know where the damage occurred if it's installed and used.

This isn't just a Jeep vendor thing, this is true with just about anything you 'install'. Once you've installed it, it's yours. You have to deal with issues using the warranty, which isn't going to cover damage from shipping, as that should have been handled pre-install, and thus looks like something that happened post-install due to misuse/neglect/etc.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.