Sponsored

For those of you who were disappointed with the Tan interior, will you be getting Black instead?

PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
I bought tan because my top is off all summer and I didn’t want to roast my butt. When it came, i was a little bummed (no pun intended) because i would have liked it to be a bit darker tan - and I’d have rather the red dash.

Now that i have in Moab for a few days - I am thrilled with the temperature difference of the seats compared to the top of the console. If i were doing it again - I’d still do tan with what I experienced.
That's why I ordered my Rubi with the Tan leather. I'm going to be moving to Arizona (as soon as possible) from Illinois (land of outrageous property taxes, gas costs, crappy weather, and just about everything else that stinks) and I figured the Black leather would be like living in hell. Hopefully the tan looks good in person. I also ordered the Tan premium soft top for the same reason, avoiding heat.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My JLU Sahara is tan cloth and I like the looks a lot, it may not do well against stains but I did my part and scotchguarded the interior, I won’t be getting in the mud that much so hopefully it does well, this is my very first Wrangler so I am going to enjoy it.

SilverSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I hated the tan leather in our Sahara right off the bat but now I wouldn’t change it for anything. I like the fact that the interior is 100% black. Still gets hot but leather is leather.

Sponsored

SilverSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I hated the tan leather in our Sahara right off the bat but now I wouldn’t change it for anything. I like the fact that the interior is 100% black. Still gets hot but leather is leather.
ISN’T 100% BLACK

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I would have ordered tan if the remainder of the interior could have been color matched. But, since the rest of the interior is black, I felt I had to go with black seats as well. How difficult would it have been to coordinate the colors better on a $50K+ vehicle?
The contrast is part of the appeal.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The contrast is part of the appeal.
Contrast is great! This isn't contrast. It's tan seats in a black interior. Compare it to, say... every other car made by every manufacturer (possible exaggeration). My old YJ had grey seats in a black interior, which was fine. But over 20 years later, it just doesn't fly.

Don't get me wrong, i prefer tan seats, grey seats, brown seats, whatever. Pretty much anything other than black. I still think the tan seats look good. I just wish FCA would've tried a little harder.

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
I actually liked the Tan a lot more in person than I did in pictures, especially on a White or Red. I stayed cloth for other reasons, but I would have gone tan if I had gone the leather route.

That being said, a darker saddle brown or whiskey color would have been an extremely welcome option

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
I went with tan because I’ll be working on my tan....

Sorry

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I don’t consider it even tan. It looks more beige to me. Although it looks ok if you like that color, it’s not my idea of tan.

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A darker mahogany brown could look good with some of the exterior colors, but this tan looks horrendous to me.

Looks like a bad afterthought against all the black plastic.

jeepin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
I was skeptical about the tan and even ordered without seeing in person. Now that I have it, I think it looks great it person, especially with white
imagejpeg_0_zpsnjuhh0vx.jpg
imagejpeg_1_zpsvoxvv9eu.jpg

mjsull

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Auto, Granite Crystal, Tan leather, Black Hard Top w/ Headliner, Steel Bumpers, LEDs, Cold Weather, Infotainment, Safety and Tow Group, Remote Start, Proximity Entry, Mopar Mats
I love my tan leather interior. When it's 110+ degrees in Las Vegas I love it even more.

I must be a minority though, even here in Las Vegas 80%+ of cars regardless of brand come with black interiors. I value my tush too much to scorch it with black interior
Sponsored