Sponsored

Mountain Offroad (M.O.R.E.) & Innovative JK Products ARB dual compressor mount for 2 door JL

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392
Been looking for a while now to find a way to mount a dual ARB compressor in my 2019 2 door Rubicon 2.0T. I was hoping for an option that would allow me to mount it underneath the hood (like my JK) or inside the cabin somewhere out of the way. I am not crazy about having it mounted underneath the Jeep.

After looking around for a while, I decided to try out the under seat mounting bracket from Innovative JK Products. While I was able to successfully mount the compressor under the seat using this bracket, clearance was very tight. In fact, the seat was rubbing quite a bit and had actually scraped off some of the blue paint on the compressor. Not good. I was able to remedy this (sort of) by stacking a couple washers between the mounting plate and the seat bracket. This raised the seat up just enough to allow it to clear the compressor while sliding back and forth. That being said, wires from underneath the seat keep getting caught up on the compressor now. Not sure what wires they are (heated seats perhaps?), but I am hesitant to tie them up out of the way as it appears they need to be free to allow the seat to slide properly. I ultimately decided to abandon this option and start searching for a better solution. That brought me to the M.O.R.E. ARB Dual compressor mount for 2 door JL. For some reason, I never came across this option before, not sure if it was just released or maybe I just missed it. In any event, I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with it before I go out and spend more money.

The Mountain Offroad part number is ARB182D

https://mountainoffroad.com/products/arb-dual-compressor-mount-for-jl-2-door
Sponsored

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
Hey just out of curiosity, was the the JL specific solution? I know the JK was close enough you could probably use it, but I was hoping their JL product would be more ironed out. This was on my list, but it is disappointing to hear of fitment issues.

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
I guess this has just recently been released. They claim to mount behind the rear seat, but that is most definitely mounted behind the front seat. In other words, right next to the rear bench. Not sure how that will affect the rear seat folding up, doesn't look like it will interfere. I also wish it were on the passenger side, because that would make running the wires to the aux switches a little easier. I only have a single ARB, but I made my own bracket and mounted it to the roll bar

OP
OP
Swadehead

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey just out of curiosity, was the the JL specific solution? I know the JK was close enough you could probably use it, but I was hoping their JL product would be more ironed out. This was on my list, but it is disappointing to hear of fitment issues.
If you are talking about the Innovative JK Products bracket, yes, it was JL specific. Again, compressor technically fit under the seat, there were just clearance issues while trying to slide the seat back and forth. Not sure if it was the heated seats (total speculation here) or something else that may or may not have been on any vehicles they tested it out on...

OP
OP
Swadehead

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What can I say, I'm not the most patient fellow. I went ahead and ordered the MORE compressor mount. Will post updates once I give it a shot.

In the meantime, I'm still interested in any feedback if anyone has tried it already...

Sponsored

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
I have the M.O.R.E. mount on our JLUR and it works fantastically. Nice and out of the way. We tried it out for 11 days last September in Colorado and I was impressed. I think you'll like it.

20180811_175054.jpg

Neohiofan

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I just ordered the more mount myself. I’m hoping I can still fold the seat up. Only negative I can think of. Illl let you know when I get it this week

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
I just ordered the more mount myself. I’m hoping I can still fold the seat up. Only negative I can think of. Illl let you know when I get it this week
If it tucks in out of the way as well on the 2 door as it does on the 4 door, it shouldn't give you any problems. Here's to hoping you have good luck with it!

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Did either of you get this installed yet? I'd love to see pictures of clearance with the seat reclined.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Swadehead

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did either of you get this installed yet? I'd love to see pictures of clearance with the seat reclined.
Sorry for not following up. I did indeed get this installed a while ago. It's wired up to Aux 4 on the dash switch panel. Works great. I'll try to get some pics up tonight or tomorrow.

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Ah no worries. Looking forward to the pics.
Sponsored