Sponsored

How far are you traveling to pick up your new JL?

OP
OP
Jrbrannan

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so you are wanting to catch a ride there with a significant other or maybe trading something in?? I see your reasoning for saying 16 hours driving now. 8 there, 8 back...gotcha. I'm in a different boat by selling my current vehicle outright prior to the pickup date, therefore I will be making the flight 1 way.....and yes, hoping there are no hiccups upon inspection/delivery. I would most definitely be requesting a video walk around of the vehicle and dozens of pics prior to booking my flight....all agreed upon by Kim Sims already through Superior.
I will sell my car out right as well and rent a car, flights there especially last minute will be expensive and I can get a one way rental through Hertz for $30 so that makes driving down a better option then flying but again 16 hours total in a car for a 6'7" guy is a decent amount in 2 days.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jrbrannan

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I would also remind you that with locating your 'best" deal out-of-state does have it's drawbacks.....a local dealership does allow you the freedom of easily turning around and driving home if something goes wrong. Just put all the savings into perspective....it may not be worth your nerves to save an additional $1000.
Great point! Just trying to figure out the game plan. I will say that Kim has been great to work with it has been the best service I have received from any of the dealers I have talked with.

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That's not even a full tank of gas!

...for one way.

I just mapped St Louis to Conway, AR = 333 miles and 5 hours.
Or....a $101 one way flight via Southwest airlines to Little Rock where the dealership will pick you up.

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I will sell my car out right as well and rent a car, flights there especially last minute will be expensive and I can get a one way rental through Hertz for $30 so that makes driving down a better option then flying but again 16 hours total in a car for a 6'7" guy is a decent amount in 2 days.
6'7......Make sure to leave a freedom panel out at all times! JK

OP
OP
Jrbrannan

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Or....a $101 one way flight via Southwest airlines to Little Rock where the dealership will pick you up.
But then I have to drive 2 hours to St Louis and would still have to rent a car. And is that one way a last minute fair as well? I assume we wouldnt know until the Jeep is delivered which means you will have to book only a couple days out.

For me driving 2 hours to an airport which I would have to get to at least 90 minutes ahead of time for an hour flight starts to make just driving the whole way make more sense.
Heck if you are waiting on ocean blue too maybe we can order same day and car pool LOL.

Sponsored

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
But then I have to drive 2 hours to St Louis and would still have to rent a car. And is that one way a last minute fair as well? I assume we wouldnt know until the Jeep is delivered which means you will have to book only a couple days out.

For me driving 2 hours to an airport which I would have to get to at least 90 minutes ahead of time for an hour flight starts to make just driving the whole way make more sense.
Heck if you are waiting on ocean blue too maybe we can order same day and car pool LOL.
LMAO....We could probably milk Kim for additional savings if we placed the order together...but you'll have to wait a bit longer than Ocean Blue, I gotta have that Sting Gray!

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with this and in my case, these frequent flyer miles won't spend themselves
Frontier Airlines even flies into Little Rock starting March/18...if you don't mind loading your own bags into the belly and hanging with the rest of the pheasants that should be even cheaper of a flight.....I'm in

OP
OP
Jrbrannan

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
LMAO....We could probably milk Kim for additional savings if we placed the order together...but you'll have to wait a bit longer than Ocean Blue, I gotta have that Sting Gray!
I can hardly wait the 2 weeks for the ocean blue I turn 40 at the end of March and I have a feeling it won't be there before but it will be well worth it.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Frontier Airlines even flies into Little Rock starting March/18...if you don't mind loading your own bags into the belly and hanging with the rest of the pheasants that should be even cheaper of a flight.....I'm in
I'm gonna go Delta, that's where most of my miles are.

Sponsored

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I can hardly wait the 2 weeks for the ocean blue I turn 40 at the end of March and I have a feeling it won't be there before but it will be well worth it.
40......that was fun 2 years ago! I’m still recuperating

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Right now I am planning on flying to idaho from san diego and driving back road trip but for 13% under msrp and a vacation. it is worth it.

What dealer? I've made that drive a few times for hunting I wouldn't mind doing it for a new Jeep :like: