What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
I ordered a set of front splash guards. I also figured out some things on the 7" display behind the steering wheel.
Dan, did you order the Mopar splash guards? I read somewhere they might not fit with Rubicon rock rails but this could have been for the JK version. I am interested in doing the same but still waiting for my 2 door, can you let us know how these work out for you? Thanks.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Dan, did you order the Mopar splash guards? I read somewhere they might not fit with Rubicon rock rails but this could have been for the JK version. I am interested in doing the same but still waiting for my 2 door, can you let us know how these work out for you? Thanks.
Yep. Mopar. I guess we'll see. If not, I'll send them back. I have them on the JK and those fit perfectly.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
8177B5B9-E7FB-489D-80FE-073AEDAF421F.jpeg
Not the greatest of photos it was pretty dark. Car seats both fit fine. Mine are passed those big rear facing ones but those were pretty tight in my old JK. I can definitely notice the extra room in the JL

B9DC8054-B080-463A-A961-8F29A76A5D9E.jpeg
Thanks for the pics, yeah the rear facing sucks. Looks like there is room but doesn’t look like much room behind the driver seat. You mind me asking how tall you are? I guess in the end that’s why the wife has a mini van to haul the minions around maybe I can stay car seat free in mine

Gooseisdead

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee
Thanks for the pics, yeah the rear facing sucks. Looks like there is room but doesn’t look like much room behind the driver seat. You mind me asking how tall you are? I guess in the end that’s why the wife has a mini van to haul the minions around maybe I can stay car seat free in mine
I’m 6 ft and that the young (2) one’s side. Not much of any issue. There is room and as the kids get bigger those car seats tend to get smaller. Kids love a Jeep BTW.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
8177B5B9-E7FB-489D-80FE-073AEDAF421F.jpeg
Not the greatest of photos it was pretty dark. Car seats both fit fine. Mine are passed those big rear facing ones but those were pretty tight in my old JK. I can definitely notice the extra room in the JL

B9DC8054-B080-463A-A961-8F29A76A5D9E.jpeg

Wow...I never saw a car seat that clean past about the first week of ownership...lol Glad mine is past (barely) the car seat stage!

Gooseisdead

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee
Wow...I never saw a car seat that clean past about the first week of ownership...lol Glad mine is past (barely) the car seat stage!
Remember it was dark in this picture. Plus they got a quick wipe down as I made the move. I think I dumped out 5 pounds of cookie crumbs from one of them.

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
Anyone with little ones here? If so, can you post a pic of the backseat with a baby car seat on it? I'd like to see if the space is enough! I'm sure it is... but i want to see how "tight" it looks/feels.
I've got a car seat in the back of my '08 2-door, so you'll be fine

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Where did you find that, I like it?
I hit it on Ebay from a dealer in New York (I think) hot both the sill guards and cubby from same seller. A few dealers had then listed...

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
What feature?
I assume you adding door sills (maybe I am wrong). And I would like to know if that interferes with the doors closing and the JL feature where the doors will auto close when open (a bit). I am just recalling this from the intro videos.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone with little ones here? If so, can you post a pic of the backseat with a baby car seat on it? I'd like to see if the space is enough! I'm sure it is... but i want to see how "tight" it looks/feels.
Guaranteed at minimum 2" more room than the JK lol.

We had one of those monster convertible "grows with the child" type seats once our 3 year old got to the toddler stage. In a JK we had to slide the passenger seat a few clicks (3 inches or so?) forward for it to even fit. Then around 2.5 y/old I FINALLY convinced the wife to forward face her (they should ban those millenial mothers groups on facebook.....just a bunch of wannabe hens telling theoretical BS horror stories to one another about how this is bad....no wait its safe...no wait its bad)...anyhow once we did that we bought one of those high back harness seats from Graco with cup holders that spin inward to save width on both sides (hell the thing is even roll over tested!) and center mounted it to leave both side seats open. Dont know about all JKs but ours has latch and even a rear anchor for center mounting the seats, JL does too. Daughter is happy, im happy, and even in the JK we have plenty of room.

Now to add to that, the JL has a decent amount of more room in the back seat than the JK. For example I am 6'1" and in the JK when the driver seat is all the way back, if I sit in the back, my knees are uncomfortably shoved....in the JL, even with the driver seat all the way back i still have 1-2" of room from my knees to the seat.....its gonna be great for car seats and mom/dad comfort up front.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I assume you adding door sills (maybe I am wrong). And I would like to know if that interferes with the doors closing and the JL feature where the doors will auto close when open (a bit). I am just recalling this from the intro videos.
I am sure they won't affect that at all.