Sponsored

Dash instrument cluster failure after two days

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Yup. Don’t understand it. It took them 3 months to factory build my Jeep. One would think obtaining a part wouldn’t take as long
They obviously have the parts, it's just FCA knows they make more money installing it on a new vehicle going out the door than they do sending it to your dealer for a parts swap they have to ultimately pay all the costs for.

It's a bit of a harsh realization, but basically one made by the accountants who have to compare the loss of money from using a dash pulled from the line for your repair vs. the odds that you'll lemon law your JL.
Sponsored

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
My dash cluster went out again today. This is the second time. Sahara is 3 weeks old.Happens in the morning. OK for a couple minutes and then the cluster goes dark and tries to reboot about every 30 seconds. OK after about 10 minutes. Then a little later, my radio just goes crazy. Randomly and continually goes through most of the functions along with back up camera and making phone calls. This is the second time for this also and it lasts about 10 minutes. Actually when the dash cluster goes, the only things that don't work are the speedo and the tach. Digital speed shows and temp and fuel. Going to take it in again but I'm afraid if its working, no problem will show - like the last time.
@Jeep cares

Mrking1883

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler
Hey this goes out to everyone who got it fixed by the dealer with the full cluster replacement. Can you answer if the issue was properly fixed or if it continues to act up still??
Had mine back for a few weeks, seems to be working fine, including in -20 degree weather.

I have noticed the analog speedometer occasionally won't match the digital speedometer, it'll be off by 1-2 mph, but that is apparently acceptable (based on another thread).

Side note for those struggling with dealers- have the dealer pull the odometer reading from your pcm. It won't match your instrument cluster and they will be forced to correct.

Last edited:

JLMarine

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Had mine back for a few weeks, seems to be working fine, including in -20 degree weather.

I have noticed the analog speedometer occasionally won't match the digital speedometer, it'll be off by 1-2 mph, but that is apparently acceptable (based on another thread).

Side note for those struggling with dealers- have the dealer pull the odometer reading from your pcm. It won't match your instrument cluster and they will be forced to correct.
How long did it take from dropping your Jeep off until they got it back to you?

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Mine goes in this coming Friday. My dealer said it could be a software issue? I started it yesterday and it was doing it. I have 4 videos of it My mph was ticking before I even started the Jeep. As soon as I put my foot on the brake and pushed clutch in. Hopefully it's nothing major

Sponsored

JLMarine

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Mine goes in this coming Friday. My dealer said it could be a software issue? I started it yesterday and it was doing it. I have 4 videos of it My mph was ticking before I even started the Jeep. As soon as I put my foot on the brake and pushed clutch in. Hopefully it's nothing major
So you are getting the new cluster friday? Or dropping your Jeep off? Once they ordered the cluster they said it could not be moved. It seems like some dealers are letting customers keep and drive their jeeps while waiting for the cluster to come in and others say it can’t move and they are like me without their Jeep.

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Just taking it in to see what the problem is and try a few things. I'll know more when I get it back Friday afternoon. Thankfully I know my dealership well and my service guys. Hope we can find a solution. It just started for me. Noticed it when I pulled it out of my garage other day to do some things in the garage. Bought it 12/26/18. Haven't drove it much. Only have 67 miles on it as of today

Lou_JLU

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara, 2019 JL Wrangler Sahara
The wife's 2019 Sahara started acting up two weeks after delivery at ~ 500 miles (1/15). The instrument cluster has acted up four times since then. It doesn't seem specifically linked to temperature though as it worked fine this week and we had temps' of -17F. The tachometer / analog speedometer are inactive and the cluster keeps resetting for about 10 miles or so.

Currently working with the dealership and JeepCare to resolve the issue.

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Got in it this morning. 40 out did it a few times. Rebooted 4 times then quit. About 2pm got in it. Was 60 out started it. No issues Seems like when it's warm it doesn't do it. Granted shouldn't do it period. Everyone else's similar to this?

Sponsored

JLMarine

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Got in it this morning. 40 out did it a few times. Rebooted 4 times then quit. About 2pm got in it. Was 60 out started it. No issues Seems like when it's warm it doesn't do it. Granted shouldn't do it period. Everyone else's similar to this?
Thats pretty much exactly what happens for me. I’m worried that by the time I get it back with the new cluster the average temps will have warmed up and I will think all is good until next winter and have to start this all over again.

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Thats pretty much exactly what happens for me. I’m worried that by the time I get it back with the new cluster the average temps will have warmed up and I will think all is good until next winter and have to start this all over again.
I'm anxious for Friday for my appointment. Almost as anxious as this Super Bowl right now lol

JLMarine

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
I'm anxious for Friday for my appointment. Almost as anxious as this Super Bowl right now lol
Hopefully when you go in Friday you have a little more offense and it’s not all defense like this game!

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Anyone having uconnect troubles along with dash cluster? The the two times I had dash cluster problems, uconnect problems started about two hours later. Just randomly changes screens for about 10 minutes.

JLMarine

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone having uconnect troubles along with dash cluster? The the two times I had dash cluster problems, uconnect problems started about two hours later. Just randomly changes screens for about 10 minutes.
No problems with my Uconnect.
Sponsored