Husband & Wife JL Build(s)

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Having a 6spd I was tired of not hearing the engine(I always know what gear I am in now based on sound and when to shift without looking at the dash.) I also wanted a spot to eventually mount an air compressor so I went with an AFE 3" RB exhaust
AFE RB.jpg
What is the brown/tan tape like material you have used on the undercarriage,and what is its purpose? What about the stuff that looks like it might be some sort of heat shield? Cheers![/QUOTE]
Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
What is the brown/tan tape like material you have used on the undercarriage,and what is its purpose? What about the stuff that looks like it might be some sort of heat shield? Cheers!
[/QUOTE]

It came that way from the factory. I just glanced under another customers JL I have here and they have it as well. Not really sure it's intended purpose.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Ya it’s actually a pinkish color. It’s on all the seems of the underside. I’m guessing a seal of some sort.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
Hey Chris are you running aftermarket driveshafts with Roam's lift? Their 4 inch Long Arm kit has really peaked my interest.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Chris are you running aftermarket driveshafts with Roam's lift? Their 4 inch Long Arm kit has really peaked my interest.
I am running an aftermarket front shaft. The stock one didnt last very long with the 12" travel shocks I had at the time.

Sponsored

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
2ofus.jpg

DSC_0974.jpg

I ordered my JLU Rubicon in December, and after a painful wait I finally had it in late February.
My wife @TankGirl was hit by the Jeep bug shortly after I purchased mine, so we decided to ditch the mommy mobile and purchase her a JLU Sport. Luckily a dealer had one in almost the exact configuration we were looking for and were able to offer me the same % below invoice that received on my Rubicon without waiting for it.

My Stock Rubicon shortly after I purchased it.
New JL1.jpg

Before I even had the new Jeep, I had a set of 17" XD 229 Machete Beadlocks and 37x13.50r17 Cooper STT Pro's just sitting in the shop taunting me....
Beadlocks assembled.jpg

Due to the lack of lift options when the Jeep arrived I went with the @Rough Country Suspensions 2.5" lift just so that I could fit my wheels/tires. I was very pleased with the kit as a daily driver. I also removed the factory Mopar bumper wings and got naked for the first time :camera:
nude1.jpg

I decided to flex out the RC spacer kit to see where I was on the required bump stop height to fully clear my 37's(The included 2" were not enough for my wheel/tire combo.)
DSC_0892.JPG

Having a 6spd I was tired of not hearing the engine(I always know what gear I am in now based on sound and when to shift without looking at the dash.) I also wanted a spot to eventually mount an air compressor so I went with an AFE 3" RB exhaust
AFE RB.jpg

@ROAM Offroad approached me and asked me to test & review some of their products. I love the look of their bumpers so I was happy to do so. Installing them I quickly realized how much time and effort went into putting together such nice quality bumpers. The approach/ departure angles on the bumpers is some of the best I've seen in the bolt on variety(I've used frame chop bumpers on my JK's in the past.)
The steps really follow the body line well, and do a great job at helping the wife/kids get into the Jeep.

During the front bumper install I also installed a Smittybilt X2O 10k winch.

DSC_0922.JPG
DSC_0915.JPG
DSC_0928.JPG

Rather than adding additional bumpstops to the spacer kit I decided to try out Skyjackers 3.5-4" lift kit for the JL.
I don't believe in cam bolts, or a frame side track bar drop bracket so I left those in the box and installed just the springs/shocks and sway bar links. I added a Rough Country Front Trackbar, and a ROAM rear trackbar to round it out. I'm still waiting on a set of control arms to become available, but surprisingly the Jeep rides OK without any form of caster correction. It does get a little "flightly" at high speeds with wind, but it just makes me pay more attention :rock:
The 3" bumpstops that came with the kit work nearly perfect for my wheel/tire setup.
small1.jpg
DSC_0910.jpg DSC_0933.jpg DSC_0939.jpg

At this point we purchased my Wife's JL
She named her Jeep "Maul" after Darth Maul. I don't typically name my Jeeps, but she insisted I name this one since I always refer to it as her. So I decided to name mine Brienne(From Game of Thrones.) I didn't want to give her a "pretty" name, so I went with one of the toughest Women I know(on TV.) Since my wife is somewhat of a star wars nerd she prefers to refer to my Jeep as Captain Phasma who happens to be the same actress.

20180418_133219.jpg

The day we picked it up, we removed the bumper fillers, and put the ROAM steps on it to make life easier for her and our four younger boys(All under 10) The following weekend she helped me install the 2.5" RC Spacer lift that was previously on my JL.
Vrae RC25.jpg

We decided to take a couple pictures together. We have 35's and Wheels on order for her JL that should be here any day now.

sm1.jpg

That's it for now, but there will be LOTS more to come as the Jeep bug has officially bitten us both :jk:
:rock::rock:

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
It's been a while since I've posted anything, but recently installed a @BestopTeam Trektop on my Rubicon. My wife has a new @ROAM aluminum Pioneer bumper that I will be working on installing a winch & rigid radiance pods this weekend. I will be wiring up the amber backlighting in the pods to act as additional blinkers.
Trektop Open.jpg

ROAM Pioneer.jpg

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
Do you have pictures of the pioneer bumper from the side. I asked Roam and they don’t have any. I’m mostly concerned how much further away from grill it sits compared to the slim line bumper? Any observations?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have pictures of the pioneer bumper from the side. I asked Roam and they don’t have any. I’m mostly concerned how much further away from grill it sits compared to the slim line bumper? Any observations?
It's not nearly as flush as the slimline bumpers. The slimline bumpers are in a league of their own when it comes to approach angles with a recessed winch(due to the angle it mounts in the bumper).
I will take some more pics this weekend when I get the winch and lights installed.:beer:

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
My wife told me she wants to sell her 18 tahoe and get her own Jeep now! Couples that wheel together stay together I guess. Bad thing is I’m the one footing the bill. Got her some 37 coopers like mine already and we haven’t even ordered it yet

Brett

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
It's been a while since I've posted anything, but recently installed a @BestopTeam Trektop on my Rubicon. My wife has a new @ROAM aluminum Pioneer bumper that I will be working on installing a winch & rigid radiance pods this weekend. I will be wiring up the amber backlighting in the pods to act as additional blinkers.
Trektop Open.jpg

ROAM Pioneer.jpg
Oh wow I like that a lot. Are they going to do a rear tire carrier bumper in that series?

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Oh wow I like that a lot. Are they going to do a rear tire carrier bumper in that series?
I'm really not sure if they have a Pioneer rear with tire carrier in the works. Maybe @ROAM can chime in.

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some pictures of the @ROAM pioneer from a couple different angles. I installed the winch and Rigid lights today at the shop, but forgot my wiring harness at the house :headbang:. I still need to add some D-Rings, but I'm liking the bumper more and more everyday. At first I wasn't a huge fan of the "blocky" look, but it goes well with my Wife @TankGirl theme.

Also forgot to mention for our builds, she switched to my softop and now no longer wants to go back to the hardtop :rock:

ROAM Pioneer angle.jpg
ROAM Pioneer front.jpg
ROAM Pioneer side.jpg
Sponsored