Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
There has been a lot of concern recently regarding the standby (sleep) current draw of the Tazer product.

The Tazer manufacturer has just release a software update claiming the previous standby current of 38 mA in previous versions has been reduced to 7 mA, which is a big improvement. 38 mA is over twice the standby (sleep) power of the entire JL Wrangler (which is typically 30 mA) and this has undoubtedly been the cause of some people discovering dead batteries with the Tazer plugged in constantly (live mode). The update to 7 mA should greatly improve the situation as long as Tazer owners upgrade their software.

In light of this, I would like to reassure SmartStopStart customers that our standby sleep current has ALWAYS BEEN A VERY SAFE 1/4 of 1 mA (0.25 mA). This is virtually negligible.

Just to be clear, I am not posting this to bash the Tazer, The latest release is claimed to address this current drain problem reasonably. There are many folks here who need the Tazer. There are also many folks who do not need the features of the Tazer and just want the simple, more economical ESS solution the SmartStopStart provides.

-Steve
Sponsored

Last edited:

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Steve,

I can personally vouch for your product, I have been running it for several weeks and have no problems what so ever, I do have a Tazer but currently using any live features.