55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
HI Mark,

I do really like the phone holder. Nice clean design. While on your website I also noticed the Yeti holders. I am trying to figure out what the strap is for ? Is it just decoration? Keep up the great work and innovation.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Just ordered one with red stitching!
Thank you guys … I will be cutting, cleaning and dyeing a batch tonight .. then unfortunately I have a business trip for a couple of days that just came up, but I should start shipping in a week

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
HI Mark,

I do really like the phone holder. Nice clean design. While on your website I also noticed the Yeti holders. I am trying to figure out what the strap is for ? Is it just decoration? Keep up the great work and innovation.
The strap allow you to carry your Yeti with one finger. I often have my hands full and it makes it a convenient way to carry it. The strap flips back out of the way, can be detached or used to loop around a strap of a purse, backpack, computer bag etc.

Sponsored

dungeonlaa

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey Touring 2011, JLUR'2018 RED
Thank you guys … I will be cutting, cleaning and dyeing a batch tonight .. then unfortunately I have a business trip for a couple of days that just came up, but I should start shipping in a week
Hello Mark,
what is internal width of the holder? I am just wondering if my Galaxy 9 and a slim Samsung wireless pad will fit together inside. I was thinking to glue the pad to the back wall so I can just squeeze in my phone and charge it without attaching a cable. Another option is to glue it between the holder and console but I am not sure if my phone will take a charge through a layer of leather. Would appreciate any other ideas of wireless charging and keeping my phone in an easily accessible location.

Thanks much!

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Hello Mark,
what is internal width of the holder? I am just wondering if my Galaxy 9 and a slim Samsung wireless pad will fit together inside. I was thinking to glue the pad to the back wall so I can just squeeze in my phone and charge it without attaching a cable. Another option is to glue it between the holder and console but I am not sure if my phone will take a charge through a layer of leather. Would appreciate any other ideas of wireless charging and keeping my phone in an easily accessible location.

Thanks much!
Hello Andrei, unfortunately I am on a business trip right now. I can get you overall dimensions when I get back, but the internal depth is .60" if that helps

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Hello Mark,

Thanks much!
The interior dimensions are about 3.2" wide / about 6" at max height point /.60" depth if that helps

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Many people have requested a passenger side version of the phone holsters. I am happy to announce that these have just been added to my website www.gibsonleatherworks.com Just select "Shop" at the top of the page, select the JL Phone Holster and then you will see drop down options to select Driver or Passenger Side Mounts as well as thread color. I have a separate thread going for these, but it pretty much started on this thread so I thought that I would announce it here as well.
Thanks everyone for your interest.

Beetle Bailey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, HD Dyna, HD Softail
Hey Mark,

I have the driver side phone holder...nice workmanship. If one has the phone holder, then the saddlebag would not work. Is this correct (they both attach to the same screw)?

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Hey Mark,

I have the driver side phone holder...nice workmanship. If one has the phone holder, then the saddlebag would not work. Is this correct (they both attach to the same screw)?
Hey Joe, correct same screw is used. I am hoping to give people some options on what works best for them. So when the saddle bags are ready, I will likely offer them in individual sides or sets. So someone could have a set of saddle bags, a saddle bag and a gun holster, a phone holster and a saddle bag etc. etc.

Beetle Bailey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, HD Dyna, HD Softail
Hey Joe, correct same screw is used. I am hoping to give people some options on what works best for them. So when the saddle bags are ready, I will likely offer them in individual sides or sets. So someone could have a set of saddle bags, a saddle bag and a gun holster, a phone holster and a saddle bag etc. etc.

Sounds good...Maybe there is an opportunity for nice leather bags (consloe or?) that attach to the roll bar or the large latch on the hardtop roof. Really like your work!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.