Post pics of your Rubicon on 35s no lift

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Can’t imagine how much shipping those across the pond much have been.
Bloody brutal I tell ya. I’ll have to cut back on pints with the lads for awhile.
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my 2018 JLUR with no lift and 315/70/17 K02's. Did not drive it too much as it had bad frame welds. My 2019 replacement is in now and will be doing something similar, but I am pretty set on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers this time as I hear they hold up on the terrain here a little better without so much chunking. Still not 100% sure, so if anyone in AZ has ran both, what is your experience?

F9671397-714D-4FE7-BAA8-2102C4DF3A12.jpeg

10823E86-C9A3-4C05-8930-4892B840B23C.jpeg

BC1030DE-3DE7-47CE-AA61-A33E198EDD5D.jpeg

POWDO

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
315/70R17s on METHOD NR 305s 0 offset

bfg1.jpg

bfg6.jpg

bfg4.jpg

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I guess the good news is we don’t need a lift kit
Yes, no lift kit for the time being. Once I decide to start flexing this thing out, that will be another bridge to cross.

Reactions: J0E

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Anyone know if a 35x12.50x20 on a 20x10 with -18 offset will rub. Have a wheel I am really wanting to buy, and that's the only way it comes. Don't want it to rub though. I have googled, searched, and combed the interweb all the way to the end, and can't find a for sure answer.

JohnJG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR4x4 Dbl Cab Long Bed loaded
Occupation
USMC Ret DAV
Thanks for all the great posts and pics. I've been searching for the perfect tire/wheel combo for quite a while now and all your posts help immensely. There are tons of questions on several threads about this as we all try to visualize.
Came across a great video by Ryan over at XT. He takes a stock JL Rubi and a Sport and puts 35s and 37s on them, goes for drives, parks the front right on an incline. Very nice to see what it all looks like. If you miss it, he mentions using 17x9 4.5 bs throughout the testing.

Sponsored

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
I thought so too, but since my earlier post, I've added the Teraflex 1.5" lift. That gave me back the gap in the wheel wells that I lost going to 35's.
I have no intention of going any higher, as it's my daily and a little bit of a stretch for me to now to climb in.

20180930_122757.jpg
Hey @McBeeve , Great looking Jeep!

I’m actually looking at the same rims and tires you have then stumbled upon your post.

If you don’t mind would you give me your feedback…

What is your opinion of the STT Pros? They ( the 315’s) are on my short list for several reasons, plus surprisingly there aren’t many options with RWL…Laces out baby! I’ve heard from folks they’re really good off road, but have mixed reviews on road, especially with being an E load and with road noise.

My Jeep is red, but I’ve been eyeing those rims in the in the gun metal gray like you have; they’re a classic look, plus I believe they only weigh 26-28lbs. Are you still pleased with them? One possibly off the wall question; did you use the stock lug nuts?

I appreciate your insight!

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
Hey @McBeeve , Great looking Jeep!

I’m actually looking at the same rims and tires you have then stumbled upon your post.

If you don’t mind would you give me your feedback…

What is your opinion of the STT Pros? They ( the 315’s) are on my short list for several reasons, plus surprisingly there aren’t many options with RWL…Laces out baby! I’ve heard from folks they’re really good off road, but have mixed reviews on road, especially with being an E load and with road noise.

My Jeep is red, but I’ve been eyeing those rims in the in the gun metal gray like you have; they’re a classic look, plus I believe they only weigh 26-28lbs. Are you still pleased with them? One possibly off the wall question; did you use the stock lug nuts?

I appreciate your insight!
First of all, thank for the props Don and I'm happy to share my thoughts.
On the STT's, for me there were a couple other tires in the mix, but the white letters were the tie breaking factor for me. So far, I am VERY happy with the overall performance on and off road. After playing with tire pressures a little, I've personally found that 30psi is the sweet spot for reducing the added harshness of the E load rating....plus they passed the "wife test". The only slightly negative is the road noise, but with that said I've had tires in the past that were much worse. Will I buy again.....most definitely!

As for the wheels, I wasn't sure if the stock lug nuts would work so I ordered a set of chrome from Quadratec when I purchased the wheels. After installing them, I decided I didn't care for the chrome, so I ordered a set of black locking nuts from Gorilla. So far, the wheels and nuts have held up very well and I have had several compliments on their appearance.

Here is a pic of the chrome nuts (before I had the Cooper's installed)...

20180623_160419.jpg

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
First of all, thank for the props Don and I'm happy to share my thoughts.
On the STT's, for me there were a couple other tires in the mix, but the white letters were the tie breaking factor for me. So far, I am VERY happy with the overall performance on and off road. After playing with tire pressures a little, I've personally found that 30psi is the sweet spot for reducing the added harshness of the E load rating....plus they passed the "wife test". The only slightly negative is the road noise, but with that said I've had tires in the past that were much worse. Will I buy again.....most definitely!

As for the wheels, I wasn't sure if the stock lug nuts would work so I ordered a set of chrome from Quadratec when I purchased the wheels. After installing them, I decided I didn't care for the chrome, so I ordered a set of black locking nuts from Gorilla. So far, the wheels and nuts have held up very well and I have had several compliments on their appearance.

Here is a pic of the chrome nuts (before I had the Cooper's installed)...

20180623_160419.jpg
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly and for all the details; really appreciate your time.

We originally wanted to get the 2dr but logistics of our family and use of the Jeep would have been more difficult…I didn’t want to always take my wife’s SUV. With that said, I keep pushing to see if she’ll trade in for a 2 door…yours actually peaked her interest!

It’s a great looking ride and in my opinion, has a really classic look and stance.
Sponsored