Sponsored

Broken trim piece in rear (holds washer fluid/electrical with top off)

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Hi,

I managed to snap off a little piece hanging above the rear left (opposite of subwoofer side) that looks like it was meant to hold the washer tube and electrical connection for the wiper when the hard top is removed. I can epoxy it back on, but I was curious if anyone has a part number for it so I can just pick up another. It looks like it might be a pop on/off piece, but I'll have to pull up the plastic it's attached to in order to figure it out. I was looking online at parts catalogs and couldn't find what they call that panel, it doesn't show up on the diagrams for the rear interior trim quarter panel on the site I checked.

I'll grab a photo tomorrow when it's light out, if nobody knows what I'm referring to.

Thanks!
Sponsored

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
If you do a search you will see a number of posts from early 2018. Basically if you put the top down it will break off because it sits right in it. Mine is broken from the summer. Haven’t seen any posts about it in a long time though.

OP
OP

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
If you do a search you will see a number of posts from early 2018. Basically if you put the top down it will break off because it sits right in it. Mine is broken from the summer. Haven’t seen any posts about it in a long time though.
Thank you. Guess I'll just leave it alone, it broke when it was barely tapped moving the soft top around, so sounds like this is to be expected and not worth fixing just to have it break again. Thank you for the tip!

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
It may seem broken but it should just snap right back in.... Those are difficult to break

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
Mine broke the first time I tried to unplug the electrical connections for the top. Snapped right off!

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I actually tried to get this fixed at dealership today and was told it is NOT covered under warranty.

I cannot explain how much this pisses me off.
Sponsored