OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Where are those wheel and tires at?
I know it’s killing me. They are sitting back in CA mounted and ready to go. I got moved to KY for a job and in Corp housing. Garage complex is 6’4” so wheels and lift are going to have to wait until the movers bring it to me. Same with winch and a bunch of Black Friday purchases.

Reactions: JC7

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I know it’s killing me. They are sitting back in CA mounted and ready to go. I got moved to KY for a job and in Corp housing. Garage complex is 6’4” so wheels and lift are going to have to wait until the movers bring it to me. Same with winch and a bunch of Black Friday purchases.
You’re a patient man. Lol

I have a big install that I’m waiting for too. Earliest my shop can get me in is Feb 19th even though all the parts are at my house. I feel like it’s building my character. Lol

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well they are finally done. It was quite the ordeal all created by getting and starting a new job. Parts ordered and transferred hands to go from delivery, to powder coat, to shop then shipped to another shop in KY where I live now. Parts were mis-placed, lost, re-ordered blah blah blah.

The powder coat is not a perfect match but I think I do like it better than standard black that everyone has. The company that provides the PC said this was a Sting Gray match. Without ideal circumstances I rolled with it.

Also with all the mess it cost me 15 hrs of labor to install the front, rear bumper and tire carrier, that blows. I won't be in a new house with tools until June so I didn't wait. Honestly I think I could have done it in 15 hrs.

Ok so what do I think about the LOD stuff. Front bumper I love. It has the sunken in spot for the winch (that will be June as it is back in CA). They do have a few extra holes, one being for their name plate that was misplaced and certainly not going to pay for another one (cost was a little crazy on the extra parts I needed). It also already has a plate on the bull bar to mount a bar light. I would have liked not having that so now I am forced to get a rigid light bar to make it look complete. I will say my only real disappointment is the LED foglight placement. After driving for 8K miles with the steel bumpers the lights sit 1.5 in sunken in and it REALLY hurts the performance of the lights. I would have wanted them almost flush.

Rear bumper is great. I did the red light bezels to give it a pop. Also bought some Rigid LEDs fogs that are now wired into Aux 4 for extra back up light. I also got the left side license plate relocation. This is NOT ideal. You cannot mount and unmount your plate as they did not weld on nuts so to get a wrench to hold the nut you have to bend your license plate. My installer is going to make a bracket with nuts and weld it on the inside so I can remove the license plate easily. Also the bullet lights weren't in the packaging and I can't prove that they weren't as too many people handled my order. New lights bought and ordered. Also no solution with this set up for the 3rd brake light so I ordered the mopar one. Hindsight I would do the whole center of the spare plate solution.

Tire carrier is a beast. This thing is awesome. It is also ready for all sorts of attachments.

jpg1.jpeg

jpg8.jpeg

jpg7.jpeg

jpg6.jpeg

jpg5.jpeg

jpg4.jpeg

jpg3.jpeg

jpg2.jpeg

Oversized

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. To me it looks like the power coat company matched the gray to the gray I have seen on the old stingray like color (I think its anvil) I've seen on a renegade driving around town. It has a slightly greener hue. But either way everything looks awesome.

Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Well they are finally done. It was quite the ordeal all created by getting and starting a new job. Parts ordered and transferred hands to go from delivery, to powder coat, to shop then shipped to another shop in KY where I live now. Parts were mis-placed, lost, re-ordered blah blah blah.

The powder coat is not a perfect match but I think I do like it better than standard black that everyone has. The company that provides the PC said this was a Sting Gray match. Without ideal circumstances I rolled with it.

Also with all the mess it cost me 15 hrs of labor to install the front, rear bumper and tire carrier, that blows. I won't be in a new house with tools until June so I didn't wait. Honestly I think I could have done it in 15 hrs.

Ok so what do I think about the LOD stuff. Front bumper I love. It has the sunken in spot for the winch (that will be June as it is back in CA). They do have a few extra holes, one being for their name plate that was misplaced and certainly not going to pay for another one (cost was a little crazy on the extra parts I needed). It also already has a plate on the bull bar to mount a bar light. I would have liked not having that so now I am forced to get a rigid light bar to make it look complete. I will say my only real disappointment is the LED foglight placement. After driving for 8K miles with the steel bumpers the lights sit 1.5 in sunken in and it REALLY hurts the performance of the lights. I would have wanted them almost flush.

Rear bumper is great. I did the red light bezels to give it a pop. Also bought some Rigid LEDs fogs that are now wired into Aux 4 for extra back up light. I also got the left side license plate relocation. This is NOT ideal. You cannot mount and unmount your plate as they did not weld on nuts so to get a wrench to hold the nut you have to bend your license plate. My installer is going to make a bracket with nuts and weld it on the inside so I can remove the license plate easily. Also the bullet lights weren't in the packaging and I can't prove that they weren't as too many people handled my order. New lights bought and ordered. Also no solution with this set up for the 3rd brake light so I ordered the mopar one. Hindsight I would do the whole center of the spare plate solution.

Tire carrier is a beast. This thing is awesome. It is also ready for all sorts of attachments.

jpg1.jpeg

jpg8.jpeg

jpg7.jpeg

jpg6.jpeg

jpg5.jpeg

jpg4.jpeg

jpg3.jpeg

jpg2.jpeg

That looks amazing, nice job on the colors! Fyi, the license plate is held on with speed nuts, they clip on to the sheet metal and are sized for the 1/4 20 button head screws, they should have been in your hardware kit. Also we do make a 3rd brake light arm, it mounts on the tire carrier behind your tire.

Email us some photos and we'll add them to our website!

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks amazing, nice job on the colors! Fyi, the license plate is held on with speed nuts, they clip on to the sheet metal and are sized for the 1/4 20 button head screws, they should have been in your hardware kit. Also we do make a 3rd brake light arm, it mounts on the tire carrier behind your tire.

Email us some photos and we'll add them to our website!
Good to know on license. I will have to go to hardware store and get some. As mentioned we were a mess with hardware. Had to order on Friday another set of license plate lights. I ordered the Mopar 3rd brake light so good there. Pics sent.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
Good to know on license. I will have to go to hardware store and get some. As mentioned we were a mess with hardware. Had to order on Friday another set of license plate lights. I ordered the Mopar 3rd brake light so good there. Pics sent.

What part of Kentucky?

Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I also have the LOD front and rear bumper and tire carrier. I love them, especially their packaging. I never thought of painting them from black to body color, this is interesting. You should consider the brake light bracket, it works great for me. I also have the camera and license plate relocation. In another forum thread here, I have pictures. This looks great on your Jeep, you choose well!

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
I also have the LOD front and rear bumper and tire carrier. I love them, especially their packaging. I never thought of painting them from black to body color, this is interesting. You should consider the brake light bracket, it works great for me. I also have the camera and license plate relocation. In another forum thread here, I have pictures. This looks great on your Jeep, you choose well!
I'm pretty sure he ordered them Bare Steel and had them powder coated. This is what my plan was and it looks great but I'm starting to wonder if it's too much color for me personally. I'll keep watching his build while I decide. I'm waiting for a diesel but I may cave and go 3.6.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty sure he ordered them Bare Steel and had them powder coated. This is what my plan was and it looks great but I'm starting to wonder if it's too much color for me personally. I'll keep watching his build while I decide. I'm waiting for a diesel but I may cave and go 3.6.
Thanks guys. Yes I ordered bare steel and they were powder coated. I am trying to be a little different and go with something other than black that everyone does. We will see if it all works in the end. I have red d-rings coming and trying to stick with the gray/red theme. I also have red Factor 55 winch hook with a Factor 55 black hawse. I am thinking I need to splash color with all the gray. That is why I did the red bezels on the rear bumper.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
Thanks guys. Yes I ordered bare steel and they were powder coated. I am trying to be a little different and go with something other than black that everyone does. We will see if it all works in the end. I have red d-rings coming and trying to stick with the gray/red theme. I also have red Factor 55 winch hook with a Factor 55 black hawse. I am thinking I need to splash color with all the gray. That is why I did the red bezels on the rear bumper.
Just curious how much the powder coating set you back. I'm working on my build budget.
Sponsored