Sponsored

Best deals found on a new JL?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I had the same "to good to be true" feeling, but on the final quote, the sales manager put all the terms in the email, with the price guarantee.
That made me decide to put my signature down
Is this the Dillon deal?

Do we know the Interest rate before signing paperwork?

What's the best rate available on the Chrysler 72 month loan?

I think the best outside finance rate would be about 2% with my credit union. Anything lower would be from the manufacturer. I've gotton 0% to 1.9% on my last few vehicles from Ford and Honda.
Sponsored

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90
Is this the Dillon deal?

Do we know the Interest rate before signing paperwork?

What's the best rate available on the Chrysler 72 month loan?
Yes,
No idea what the rate is, but even without the $1000 finance bonus it is still an great deal
If you look on the configuration at Jeep.com after your build it gives you 3.26% for 60 months (72 is no option)

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Yes,
No idea what the rate is, but even without the $1000 finance bonus it is still an great deal
If you look on the configuration at Jeep.com after your build it gives you 3.26% for 60 months (72 is no option)
Thanks for the info. I assume the dealer gets some sort of kickback when you finance with chrysler and the reason you have to wait 6 months before paying off the loan.

Not sure they can hold you to that unless the $1,000 discount is paid as a rebate after 6 months or there is specific language in the loan contract that specifies an early payoff penalty.

I purchased a new Honda last year. Negotiated a price but the sales manager said I needed to use Honda financing for that price. I said no problem. Rate was 1.9% for 60 months. When I mentioned I would just pay off the loan after the first month, they said oh no you can't do that because you will be charged a penalty. I had to wait 3 months. Said that's fine. After I got my finance packet from Honda, I called Honda finance. Customer service told me there is no penalty for early payoff. There was only a minimum finance charge of $20. She said she hears this all the time because the finance people don't collect their kickback if the loan is paid off before 3 months.

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. I assume the dealer gets some sort of kickback when you finance with chrysler and the reason you have to wait 6 months before paying off the loan.

Not sure they can hold you to that unless the $1,000 discount is paid as a rebate after 6 months or there is specific language in the loan contract that specifies an early payoff penalty.

I purchased a new Honda last year. Negotiated a price but the sales manager said I needed to use Honda financing for that price. I said no problem. Rate was 1.9% for 60 months. When I mentioned I would just pay off the loan after the first month, they said oh no you can't do that because you will be charged a penalty. I had to wait 3 months. Said that's fine. After I got my finance packet from Honda, I called Honda finance. Customer service told me there is no penalty for early payoff. There was only a minimum finance charge of $20. She said she hears this all the time because the finance people don't collect their kickback if the loan is paid off before 3 months.
I assume it's that way as well, Chrysler capital have no early payment penalty

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I assume it's that way as well, Chrysler capital have no early payment penalty
Getting another $1,000 discount is awesome and most likely worth the financing cost for 6 months. Over 72 months maybe not. Just have to run the numbers.

Sponsored

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting another $1,000 discount is awesome and most likely worth the financing cost for 6 months. Over 72 months maybe not. Just have to run the numbers.
Plan is to make 6 payments (maybe loos 300 in higher interest) and refinance with local CU

J Mack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ55
Here they want to blame the dealership for something being “fishy” or “shady” for giving an extra 1000 off if the customer does go with the/FCA financing for a minimum of 6 (SIX) months

Nate,

I think your statement is a bit misleading as it pertains to my comments so please let me clarify my “fishy” statement for you.

Dillon gave me a quote $44,189 for our new Jeep with a MSRP of $50,815 or about a 13.04% savings according to my below average finance skills , that price includes a $1500 West Business Center rebate, $1,000 Chrysler financing discount and I had to use their Chrysler financing plus their processing fee was $299.00. When I asked what the West Business Center rebate was the sales man told me it had something to do with living on the west coast and he was pretty sure I would qualify for the $1500 rebate but was reluctant to give me anything in writing. I wanted to put $30,000 down and lock in a lower interest rate and as far as I could discern from what info I was able to get from my salesman would preclude me from qualifying for the Chrysler financing so I was willing to forgo $1000 discount associated with that. If for some reason I didn’t qualify for the West Business Center rebate then I would also forgo $1500 discount associated with that making his quote $44,689 or about a 8.12% savings off MSRP. Yes that’s still a good deal but too many unknowns for me hence my use of the word “fishy” in hindsight I should have just said “too many unknowns” to make me feel comfortable enough to give him hard earned money.

The point of my post (#148 in this thread) was not to bash or dog the Dillon dealership as you put it but to let other individuals shopping for a good deal on a new LJ know that another dealership a short drive away from Dennis Dillon is offering similar deals with better communication and terms.

Auto Ranch Ontario quoted me $44.389 12.65% savings off MSRP on the same Jeep and that quote wasn’t dependent on any rebates and they put the deal together in writing in less than 30 minutes. The clarity of their deal and their willingness to put it in writing was the difference for me to feel comfortable enough to give him hard earned money.

Dillon’s processing fee was $299 and Auto Ranch processing fee is $115 making the deal virtually the same percentage wise but without the unknowns for me.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Nate,

I think your statement is a bit misleading as it pertains to my comments so please let me clarify my “fishy” statement for you.

Dillon gave me a quote $44,189 for our new Jeep with a MSRP of $50,815 or about a 13.04% savings according to my below average finance skills , that price includes a $1500 West Business Center rebate, $1,000 Chrysler financing discount and I had to use their Chrysler financing plus their processing fee was $299.00. When I asked what the West Business Center rebate was the sales man told me it had something to do with living on the west coast and he was pretty sure I would qualify for the $1500 rebate but was reluctant to give me anything in writing. I wanted to put $30,000 down and lock in a lower interest rate and as far as I could discern from what info I was able to get from my salesman would preclude me from qualifying for the Chrysler financing so I was willing to forgo $1000 discount associated with that. If for some reason I didn’t qualify for the West Business Center rebate then I would also forgo $1500 discount associated with that making his quote $44,689 or about a 8.12% savings off MSRP. Yes that’s still a good deal but too many unknowns for me hence my use of the word “fishy” in hindsight I should have just said “too many unknowns” to make me feel comfortable enough to give him hard earned money.

The point of my post (#148 in this thread) was not to bash or dog the Dillon dealership as you put it but to let other individuals shopping for a good deal on a new LJ know that another dealership a short drive away from Dennis Dillon is offering similar deals with better communication and terms.

Auto Ranch Ontario quoted me $44.389 12.65% savings off MSRP on the same Jeep and that quote wasn’t dependent on any rebates and they put the deal together in writing in less than 30 minutes. The clarity of their deal and their willingness to put it in writing was the difference for me to feel comfortable enough to give him hard earned money.

Dillon’s processing fee was $299 and Auto Ranch processing fee is $115 making the deal virtually the same percentage wise but without the unknowns for me.

Hi J Mack,
It’s just this very subject has come up numerous times in various threads and it always ends the same. Customer does not have all the information.... so it leads me to two possible conclusions. Either the customer didn’t ask the right questions (subjective and circumstantial) or two the salesman failed to convey the terms of the agreement properly or simply didn’t have all the information to relay at that time. Either way it’s unfortunate.

Many here have dealt with salesmen at Dennis Dillon and have had no issues. My point has and will continue to be the verbiage used to describe a situation and/or the adjectives used to describe. It casts a negative light on otherwise straight up reputable dealers and their businesses.

So nothing personal on my end.... your post does raise many questions about the deals and how they compare. What ways was Auto Ranch was able to discount deeper than just about every other dealer? That is what I think many would find more interesting.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Questions on these deals from listed dealers at x% below invoice...

Are they only for pre-orders of vehicles not in stock, or are folks getting these deals for vehicles on the lot?

Related question: Should we expect these deals will have a limited shelf-life, or do you think they’ll continue as more dealer stock arrives?

J Mack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ55
It’s just this very subject has come up numerous times in various threads and it always ends the same. Customer does not have all the information.... so it leads me to two possible conclusions. Either the customer didn’t ask the right questions (subjective and circumstantial) or two the salesman failed to convey the terms of the agreement properly or simply didn’t have all the information to relay at that time. Either way it’s unfortunate. .
Is your assumption always the same that the guy posting about a specific issue with a dealership is wrong because you’ve read on the internet that someone else was happy with the same dealership or do you have intimate knowledge about these transactions and are just sharing the facts with the rest of us?

Many here have dealt with salesmen at Dennis Dillon and have had no issues. My point has and will continue to be the verbiage used to describe a situation and/or the adjectives used to describe. It casts a negative light on otherwise straight up reputable dealers and their businesses. .

Nate,

Have you personally dealt with any salesperson from the Caldwell Dennis Dillon and followed through with the transaction and feel you need to justify your decision or is your opinion of my dealings with Caldwell Dennis Dillon based off what you have read on the internet about others transactions and your perceived perceptions of what exactly was said between me and the sales person I talked to?

So nothing personal on my end.....

You’ve made several accusations about my ability to do simple math or my ability to use proper verbiage to accurately describe my transaction but in the same sentence you are claiming to know for a fact that Caldwell Dennis Dillon “straight up reputable dealer” and as far as I know you have never dealt with either one of us but you have a strong opinion on my dealing with them, you say nothing personal but you are coming across like you’re taking this a bit personal.

I will say I dealt with Kent Shurtleff at Dennis Dillon and found him to be very personable, my decision to buy from another dealer in no way had anything to do with him or the help he did or didn’t offer, I’m certain with enough phone calls or going down to their office in person I would have ultimately got questions answered and known exactly what my out the door price would have been. Plain and simple I didn't like the terms of the Dillon deal as they were told to me and I chose to go to a different dealer, doesn’t make the Dillon dealership bad, shady or in no way cast a negative light, they just didn’t work for me.

I certainly apologize if you or anyone you know was offended by any of my comments about my transaction, Dennis Dillon is offering some fantastic pricing and if their terms work for you, great!

your post does raise many questions about the deals and how they compare. What ways was Auto Ranch was able to discount deeper than just about every other dealer? That is what I think many would find more interesting.

If you’re truly interested and not just stirring the pot for the sake of stirring the pot contact Auto Ranch Ontario 1805 SW 4th Ave, Ontario, OR 97914 Phone: (541) 889-8989 and talk to Kurt Edwards I’m sure he will give you all the info you need.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ‘18 JLUR
Is your assumption always the same that the guy posting about a specific issue with a dealership is wrong because you’ve read on the internet that someone else was happy with the same dealership or do you have intimate knowledge about these transactions and are just sharing the facts with the rest of us?

Nate,

Have you personally dealt with any salesperson from the Caldwell Dennis Dillon and followed through with the transaction and feel you need to justify your decision or is your opinion of my dealings with Caldwell Dennis Dillon based off what you have read on the internet about others transactions and your perceived perceptions of what exactly what was said between me and the sales person I talked to?

You’ve made several accusations about my ability to do simple math or my ability to use proper verbiage to accurately describe my transaction but in the same sentence you are claiming to know for a fact that Caldwell Dennis Dillon “straight up reputable dealer” and as far as I know you have never dealt with either one of us but you have a strong opinion on my dealing with them, you say nothing personal but you are coming across like you’re taking this a bit personal.

I will say I dealt with Kent Shurtleff at Dennis Dillon and found him to be very personable, my decision to buy from another dealer in no way had anything to do with him or the help he did or didn’t offer, I’m certain with enough phone calls or going down to their office in person I would have ultimately got questions answered and known exactly what my out the door price would have been. Plain and simple I dint like the terms of the Dillon deal as they were told to me and I chose to go to a different dealer, doesn’t make the Dillon dealership bad, shady or in no way cast a negative light, they just didn’t work for me.

I certainly apologize if you or anyone you know was offended by any of my comments about my transaction, Dennis Dillon is offering some fantastic pricing and if their terms work for you, great!

If you’re truly interested and not just stirring the pot for the sake of stirring the pot contact Auto Ranch Ontario 1805 SW 4th Ave, Ontario, OR 97914 Phone: (541) 889-8989 and talk to Kurt Edwards I’m sure he will give you all the info you need.
It sounds like your experience was just like mine. I too found Kent Shurtleff to be very helpful and personable. I've read numerous reviews about the Dennis Dillon dealerships, and most were positive. I'm sure they have many satisfied customers, or they wouldn't be in business. The reason I did not follow through on the offfer they made me was I could not get direct answers to the structure of the deal they were offering. I've no axe to grid. Purchasing from Dennis Dillon wasn't working for me, so I moved on. I paid a bit more, but the deal I accepted left no unanswered questions, and I know exactly what my final price will be, as it's clearly stated on the signed purchase order.

Scott in MIssouri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ADV Motorcycles
I have searched for over a month...and found--- Contact Kent at Dennis Dillon first.

Kent Shurtleff at Dennis Dillon was by far the best price and best follow up. Also seems to provide plenty of information to inform the customer. After that, they are ready to move the deal along and sell Jeeps so if you are on board, it appears you will order and own one quickly.

I shopped all over and then did the, "We'll beat any price" game with four dealers...they looked at quotes and said, "They're calling this that and we call it this...they're tacking on this but telling you that...and our deal is better". I love the idea of driving down the road and keeping business local at the same price. Additionally, I JUST bought a new Dodge for my wife in June and a new Jeep for my daughter in November so they know I will buy one at the right price, BUT when I sent them DD's quote sheet they all went "dead air" with no reply. Apparently they are happy changing the oil in our Mopar vehicles and not selling them to us.

I am sharing this to let you know that if you are on the West Coast or like the idea of a fly and drive to Boise, ID I would start here.

Kent Shurtleff
Dennis Dillon CDJR
C: 208-741-1289
[email protected]
I would also add that Kim at Superior Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram in Arkansas was second and much closer to me. I wanted to be fair and give feedback to other folks recommending these dealers on the forum. If you are in the in the mid-west/Ozarks I would strongly consider Kim.

Kimberely Sims
Internet Sales Manager
Superior Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
501-499-2575
[email protected]

Scott

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Nate,

Have you personally dealt with any salesperson from the Caldwell Dennis Dillon and followed through with the transaction and feel you need to justify your decision or is your opinion of my dealings with Caldwell Dennis Dillon based off what you have read on the internet about others transactions and your perceived perceptions of what exactly was said between me and the sales person I talked to?

JMack,
Had you read the forums you’d know I was one of the first to post my dealing with Dennis Dillon and posted my buyers order here from them in this very forum. They have a very specific business model which is not that hard For anyone to wrap their head around.... So yes as I’ve said this has been beat to death numerous times.... And I’m sure in 2-3 weeks there will be another because no one reads the threads... which if JAY would make a FAQ section and keep it pruned this wouldn’t be an issue and more of a good resource for the users.

My verbiage was not to single you out (unless you go by the name “folks”) to be mathematically challenged, but if you feel that way.... that’s on you (reading comprehension skills or just the way I translate into text) Again it’s been discussed numerous times and some people apparently are not capable of crunching numbers or creating an amortization schedule to calculate their options. Which is straight to the point an obvious problem here when making decisions between dealerships.

I’m glad you found a dealership that was more in tune with you, and I’m curious as to what “pot” they are pulling from to get the numbers.... as others would be. I guess this is where I could say it’s “fishy”, seeing as this would be the deepest discounts on a Wrangler from a dealership that has not had a blip on the map since all this started. Again my buyers order and others have been posted for reference.

I’m trying to keep this about facts and not subjective opinion/s on how you or others feel. This is about bottom line numbers as to help other find their best deal.

Last edited:

J Mack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ55
JMack,

Had you read the forums you’d know I was one of the first to post my dealing with Dennis Dillon and posted my buyers order here from them in this very forum.

Have you taken possession yet or do you know what your “out the door” price is going to be?

Your price looks like they quoted at a 13.09% of MSRP exactly the discount they quoted me, that discount was based on West Business Center rebates, $1,000 Chrysler financing discount, and is not valid with Chrysler Special Financing or Any Lease Program just like this deal posted on their web site.

https://screenshots.firefox.com/D2ZuBUwBSD0diios/www.dennisdillonchryslerjeepdodge.com

Model Code : JLJS74

VIN : 1C4HJXFG3JW118913

MSRP $50,390

Guaranteed Price* $43,725 13.23%

With Additional Qualifiers $41,725 17.2%

*Guaranteed Price includes West Business Center rebates, $1,000 Chrysler financing discount, and is not valid with Chrysler Special Financing or Any Lease Program

Jeep Wrangler JL Best deals found on a new JL? {filename}

Can you tell me what exactly a West Business Center rebate is and if you or I qualify for it? The sales person couldn’t tell me exactly what it was but was “pretty” sure I would get it.

I’m trying to keep this about facts and not subjective opinion/s on how you or others feel. This is about bottom line numbers as to help other find their best deal.
Then stop questioning my motives for posting a dealership that matched Dillons price without any strings attached and help others myself included understand what Dillons out the door price will be based on the information we have, I cannot find any printed information on what exactly the West Business Center rebate is, can you?
Maybe you can tell us exactly what the “Additional Qualifiers” are to get to the 17.2% discount level they mention on their web site?

Last edited:

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Have you taken possession yet or do you know what your “out the door” price is going to be?

Your price looks like they quoted at a 13.09% of MSRP exactly the discount they quoted me, that discount was based on West Business Center rebates, $1,000 Chrysler financing discount, and is not valid with Chrysler Special Financing or Any Lease Program just like this deal posted on their web site.

https://screenshots.firefox.com/D2ZuBUwBSD0diios/www.dennisdillonchryslerjeepdodge.com

Model Code : JLJS74

VIN : 1C4HJXFG3JW118913

MSRP $50,390

Guaranteed Price* $43,725 13.23%

With Additional Qualifiers $41,725 17.2%

*Guaranteed Price includes West Business Center rebates, $1,000 Chrysler financing discount, and is not valid with Chrysler Special Financing or Any Lease Program

Jeep Wrangler JL Best deals found on a new JL? {filename}

Can you tell me what exactly a West Business Center rebate is and if you or I qualify for it? The sales person couldn’t tell me exactly what it was but was “pretty” sure I would get it.

Then stop questioning my motives for posting a dealership that matched Dillons price without any strings attached and help others myself included understand what Dillons out the door price will be based on the information we have, I cannot find any printed information on what exactly the West Business Center rebate is, can you?
Maybe you can tell us exactly what the “Additional Qualifiers” are to get to the 17.2% discount level they mention on their web site?

Yes I know what my OTD price is.... I asked the questions that needed to be asked and waited to get answered... That is how I conduct my financial business.

I’m not questioning your motives only the lack of details and facts (which i feel you’re deflecting at each) Again, I’m happy you’ve found a dealer that appeased you.

If I need to explaine to YOU what the “additional qualifiers” are then all you’ve done was prove to me you didn’t ask or/nor wait for the answers, which led you to make an opinionated statement (“fishy”) prematurely. And that is what I’ve already surmised in these exchanges. Which was what I pointed out, not as an attack, but an observation of a reoccurring issue on this topic. Nothing more. If you wanted to contribute constructively you’d highlight the differences for the benefit of other forum members that’s where I’ve been going with all of this.

It’s all good, I’m not trying to rattle your can J Mack....
Sponsored