Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Hi folks! I'm Jordan from Beverly, Ohio.

I'm a 33 year old student studying Geology with 2 semesters to go after this one finishes (I hope). Prior service Army, joined at age 26, Field Artillery (13B) and deployed once to Afghanistan. Got blown up about 6 months into the deployment and was medically discharged.

I currently drive a 2005 E46 Mystic Blue Metallic BMW M3 and I adore it. I came here because I've been looking at the new JL and like what I see - mostly as my dream is once I graduate to move out west to say... Wyoming or somewhere and work with the Parks service or someone similar in land conservation - something where I can get outside and walk-about and enjoy nature.

I'm also a budding angler looking to expand my Rucking destinations - these are some reasons I'm looking at a Wrangler as well as much better inclement weather performance (looking at you, snow lol).

While I've not gotten to do it as much as I used to, I'm also a hobby photographer (Cannon all the way!) and have quite a few albums on Flickr.

This album are pics from my deployment back in 2011. https://www.flickr.com/photos/cybrslydr/albums/72157626205272993

I look forward to learning a lot from you folks - thank you!!
Thank you for your service to our county. Good luck with the new JL!!:rock:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Glen

First Name
Mervin (Glen)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4 & 2018 Rubicon & 2016 SS Camaro
Occupation
Engineering Mgr Retired
I have not driven a Sahara since I bought mine, but I didn't really notice any difference in feel. I currently have the AEV 2.5" lift +geo correction kit with 35s, and the wider tires helped it not be so darty on the freeway, and suspension feels a lot like stock. Around town the Jeep is fine, its just on those 2 hour plus road trips that it get tough. I really want to build a true Overlanding vehicle for my next purchase and if the hwy manners are not better on the new Jeep I might have to wait it out to see the new Bronco/F150 or 4Runner/Tacoma.
Glen from Prescott Az.- Just at Ford dealer, Bronco will be based on 2019 Ranger. they just got Pictures and some details. I also wanted another 150 Bronco. :-(

WranglerJLU4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Patriot
Seems like membership is growing nicely lately but I didn't see an intro thread, so I'll start!

I'm Rob from NY. I daily a Grand Cherokee and got a project TJ SE that I've had for years and will hopefully keep forever. Was considering a JKU as a weekend outdoor activity car for the family, but figured the JL Unlimited is right around the corner so why not wait. Happy to be here for the last few months following all the great news and coverage of the JL Wrangler.

Madora

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Ram Rebel
Hi all. Ordered a JLUR a couple weeks ago to replace my JK that an unlicensed turd decided to total. I miss my Purple JKU, but Iā€™m excited about the JL as it definitely looks to be a big upgrade from what I had.

Iā€™m a southern Louisiana transplant. Grew up in Ohio, traveled the world in the Navy, then found a Louisiana boy to settle down with. He has a 2014 JK Rubi. So, needless to say weā€™re a Jeep family. Our 7 year old is already planning his Jeep build for when heā€™s allowed to get his license. He is my trail buddy.

E05E9EA2-7984-46FB-B687-209C07BFD9D0.jpeg

Nkyzr2

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Liberty, 2009 Chrysler T&C
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone, new to the group...

First jeep was 1989 YJ Laredo, 3ā€ lift and rode like a tank. First time I drove without the hard top and full doors, I was hooked! Ended up trading it in on a 2000 TJ Sahara. Difference was night and day on ride quality on road and off road. I owned a 1991 XJ Laredo as well at the time. Since the 2000 Sahara(sold) and bought a Dodge Ram, owned for 7 months and dumped it...(couldnā€™t stand it). Got back into a 1999 TJ Sport... loaded with off road goodies, too much to list. Flipped it on its side, still had intransit stickers on it. Fixed the flip over and wheeled for a few more years. Then sold for a 2011 Harley FLHX. That was fun for a while but hard to use all year round in Nebraska. My children keep me busy driving around for sports and other activities so no more time to ride the Harley. Sold it last March and just ordered my JLUR on 1-16... Canā€™t wait they told me 6-8 weeks!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hi all,

Long timer lurker, first time post-er. Finally registered to post, now that I have been told by the dealer that my jeep will be shipping on the 25th of this month, thought it may be time I join the club.

I just wanted to say hi, and look forward to making some new friends!

My Car:
I ordered a JLUR, and located in Ventura County. This is going to be my first jeep, and I believe my first 4wd. (Ive been a 2 door stick kinda guy, but have a new found love for this vehicle and its capabilities).

About Me:
Im 29 years old, I work at a small law firm, as an associate working mainly on family/criminal law/DUI's, and the office also does immigration.

P.S. if anyone knows of beginner trails between LA, and SB id love to know about them. But if none in those areas, the closest you know of will be appreciated as well.

Sam.

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
Hey Guys

Jon from Australia here. Currently a Grand Cherokee owner. Looking to pick up a Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited when they eventually make their way down here. This will be my first Wrangler.

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2018 Ford Raptor; 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Hello! I'm Notty and I just wanted to introduce myself and say I am excited to be getting back into a Jeep and being able to rejoin the Jeep community. I have a 2018 JLU Rubicon in Bright White arriving at the dealership this week.....so they say. We are hoping to pick it up on Saturday so we can go explore southern AZ with it this weekend.

I had a 2015 JK for a very brief time, about 6 months, before life events forced me to sell it and I have been bummed about it ever since so finally getting into a another Jeep is a great feeling. I look forward to interacting with you all, contributing, and learning as much as I can from you all.

Since I don't have any pics of the new Jeep, here are a few of my old Jeep that I had to sell as well as the other toys in the stable that the new Rubi will be joining.

The Old JK (gone but not forgotten)

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 7.34.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 7.34.22 PM.png

The current stable (As you can see I like white, and my flame suit is on for the Taco hate :cwl::cwl: )

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 7.34.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 7.36.33 PM.png

Last edited:

johnnyp26

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubi Hard Rock
Figured I'd drop a line and say hi, I live in Jacksonville, FL and currently have a 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock that is fairly modified. I've been going back and forth on moving to a JL and plan to drive one soon but I think I'm going to do it. Here is a pic of the current rig.

33304162650_d920db77d5_b.jpg
IMG_0664 by John Paterson, on Flickr

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
New here first post. Enjoy this site and will be getting JLU Rubicon soon....

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

TERRAHAWK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Wrangler
Terrahawk, no intentions of getting a JL, time for a tow rig instead, but still appreciate the next evolution of the line.

56cbr600rr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited
Saying hello out of Sugar Hill, GA. Local dealer doing a great deal on a ordered unit. This will be my third. Unlimited Sport S for me..

Drove a Sahara today and it felt faster than my 14. Transmission was not as busy as I expected it to be.

Jl_rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Checking in from Orange County, CA. Currently in a 2015 3-Series BMW. Ready to upgrade to a JL Rubicon!! My BMW lease is up in August but Iā€™m just too excited for the JL, so I might have 2 car payments for a few months... worth it!!

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all. Ordered a JLUR a couple weeks ago to replace my JK that an unlicensed turd decided to total. I miss my Purple JKU, but Iā€™m excited about the JL as it definitely looks to be a big upgrade from what I had.

Iā€™m a southern Louisiana transplant. Grew up in Ohio, traveled the world in the Navy, then found a Louisiana boy to settle down with. He has a 2014 JK Rubi. So, needless to say weā€™re a Jeep family. Our 7 year old is already planning his Jeep build for when heā€™s allowed to get his license. He is my trail buddy.

E05E9EA2-7984-46FB-B687-209C07BFD9D0.jpeg
Sorry to hear about your previous Jeep. On the bright side you have a JL coming your way.
Thank you for your service shipmate. I am a Navy Vet too welcome to the site:like:
Sponsored