Sponsored

Quadratec Sill Guard issue

ledzeppelin1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited V6
Hey guys,

Ordered the Quadratec sill guards and they're pretty nice, definitely more coverage than the Mopar ones.

Big issue with them and I tried to photograph this the best I could, but where the sill guard ends, it ends up pushing out the weather stripping to the point that I can now see daylight from inside the car.

Has anyone else noticed this? If so what have you done for this?

IMG_20190106_074534.jpg
IMG_20190106_074527.jpg
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
That was my fear of using them, and I mentioned this in other threads too. Apprently you need balance the area covered versus not get in the way of door seals. Mopar is on the other end of the spectrum, they cover less but do not affect door seal rubbers.

The best you can do is either trim them, or try to reinstall but push inward harder this time. Otherwise the way it is now, you cannot do water fording.

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Hey guys,

Ordered the Quadratec sill guards and they're pretty nice, definitely more coverage than the Mopar ones.

Big issue with them and I tried to photograph this the best I could, but where the sill guard ends, it ends up pushing out the weather stripping to the point that I can now see daylight from inside the car.

Has anyone else noticed this? If so what have you done for this?

IMG_20190106_074534.jpg
IMG_20190106_074527.jpg
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
I had the same issue. I took them off and kept repositioning them until I dud see daylight. Before I put them back on I heated them and bent the top portion inward toward the inside of the Jeep. It’s been about 2 weeks now and so far so good.

OP
OP

ledzeppelin1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited V6
Yeah, I really socked them in because I figured it would be a problem, but I still could never get it any more flish.

Thanks for the advice guys, I just took them off. I'd rather an adequate seal over that added protection

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
Saw this today after my careful install. Not pleased.

How does Quadratec respond?

Sponsored

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Saw this today after my careful install. Not pleased.

How does Quadratec respond?
When I contacted regarding being able to see the rear sill guards with the door closed I was told “they are designed that way and yes they will be a bitch to remove”. I figured I’ll get nowhere with this problem so I resolved it on my own.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
When I contacted regarding being able to see the rear sill guards with the door closed I was told “they are designed that way and yes they will be a bitch to remove”. I figured I’ll get nowhere with this problem so I resolved it on my own.
I just purchased the Quadratec sill protectors for my JLUR I believe the problem some are having on the rear is reversing the sills if you look on the back side it will say left or right . Left is for driver side right is for passenger side I set mine in place without using the adhesive yet and they seem to fit close to the sill where they won't stick out if there reversed they will . Just saying

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I just purchased the Quadratec sill protectors for my JLUR I believe the problem some are having on the rear is reversing the sills if you look on the back side it will say left or right . Left is for driver side right is for passenger side I set mine in place without using the adhesive yet and they seem to fit close to the sill where they won't stick out if there reversed they will . Just saying
I saw this post before I installed mine this week. Made sure Left was on left and Right was on right and that the guards were tight against the inside. They are still visible with the rear doors closed.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I saw this post before I installed mine this week. Made sure Left was on left and Right was on right and that the guards were tight against the inside. They are still visible with the rear doors closed.
I set my rear guards in place but didn't stick down with the adhesive they do show I really don't care for that . I'm going to contact Quadratec and possibly exchange them for Rugged Ridge if they dont show .

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I set my rear guards in place but didn't stick down with the adhesive they do show I really don't care for that . I'm going to contact Quadratec and possibly exchange them for Rugged Ridge if they dont show .
I just installed the Rugged Ridge version and the rear does show like the Quadratec. I just used a utility knife to trim it. Easy to cut.

Sponsored

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
I notched the Quadratec sill guard here by cutting away the offensive area. Door now seals fine. You don't have to cut much away. Do a little at a time until you don't see any light coming through that area and you should be good. BTW, had to do this on two sets of them. Some people have to trim, others don't.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I found that my front doors leak at the front of the sill guard. Need to modify them as well