Sponsored

Is there any way to tell a 2.0 just by looking at it?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
Oh really? That's special!

By way of comparison (yeah, I know it ain't a Jeep), Subaru's 2.0L turbo (which they've discontinued in the Forester) gets less mpg than the brand's standard, naturally aspirated 2.5L engine. I've driven and owned both. I averaged 24-25 mpg overall with the turbo and hit a high of 33 mpg during a long (1000+ miles) road trip, so I edged out the EPA estimates. I usually do, but then, I don't drive like a moron who's in a hurry to get nowhere. However, any savings that might be realized are erased and then some because of the cost of 93 octane fuel (not required but strongly recommended). I'll ad that every Forester I've owned (three, including the turbo) has been bulletproof, but none were gas misers.

I'm not dissing the folks who want the turbo, but they need to do it with eyes wide open. The premium they pay for it comes with more "premiums," like gas that's at least half a dollar more per gallon, more frequent (and hence costlier) routine maintenance, and an as-yet unproven engine in the real world.

You pays your money and takes your chances. And my 3.6
Jeep Wrangler JL Is there any way to tell a 2.0 just by looking at it? {filename}
L is still bigger than your 2.0L. :muscle:
I ordered the turbo for the better acceleration and torque that being said I’m still waiting to get mine 105 days and counting which really sucks
Sponsored

Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In San Antonio TX 87 is $2.65GL and Premium is $3.30GL

I have a BMW Z4 35is Awesome vehicle takes Premium $75 a month

I also have a Tesla Model X cost to drive and charge a month $30 increase in electric bill a month if I charge at home if I use Super Charger $0
91 is $3.20 and 93 is $3.65
What is the $3.30 premium then?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
91 is $3.20 and 93 is $3.65
91 not even an option were I go , either way it’s not a concern to me , the only regret I’m having is the long wait , if I had known I may have gone a different route , I’m hoping the wait won’t be much longer

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter

Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I ordered the turbo for the better acceleration and torque that being said I’m still waiting to get mine 105 days and counting which really sucks
That’s my motivation for the turbo or diesel, as well. However, what would the BSG for MY19 do for 3.6 in comparison to the turbo?

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipefitter
That’s my motivation for the turbo or diesel, as well. However, what would the BSG for MY19 do for 3.6 in comparison to the turbo?
I don’t know lol

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500

Sponsored

KRAWL AMERICA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
It is easy to spot them in traffic. They accelerate quicker than you would expect. You can also see it in the faces of 3.6 owners as the 2.0 moves deceptively quickly in, around and through traffic. The look is one of surprise like they didn't expect to see you that quickly. That same look is often on regualr car and truck owners like they are seeing something for the first time. It really is a hoot to see.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I think one thing people forgot to mention here is that the 2.0 Engine Start/Stop is almost silent and barely noticeable. I can literally hear a 3.6 when they stop next to me at a red light. When their ESS kick in it's like a cold start rumble every time. I was like really!? Does mine do that? I even rolled down my window to make sure, but nope, silent like a thief.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the start/stop is almost unnoticeable. Very smooth.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Looks? No.
Sound? Yes.

Sometimes I'll just roll down my window to listen to that turbo, and I love hearing 2.0s just drive away.
Sponsored