Sponsored

Rugged Ridge JL Wrangler Products & Build [SEMA 2018 - JLWF Coverage]

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Mine too. But, I wouldn't hold your breath. I contacted them last week about the fenders and bumper.

This was their response:

The fender trim/marker light setup will be available sometime around June. It will not be exactly the same but it will be close. Our Jeep had extensive trimming done to the flares to accomodate the 39" tires on only a 4" lift.

The front bumpers is a prototype that we may produce at some point but it will likely not be until later this year if we do release it.
The statement about requiring extensive trimming to fit 39" tires with a 4" lift is a little surprising to me. A 2" lift should clear 37" tires with no issues, remove the fender liners and easily. Maybe this was not a Rubicon with the high line fenders? It looked like it was to me, but maybe that's just what I wanted to see. I'm pretty sure with a 4" lift you could run 39" tires without extensive trimming. In fact I thought a lot of the guys running a 3.5" were claiming that 40"s should fit on the Rubicon with no issues.
Sponsored

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
The statement about requiring extensive trimming to fit 39" tires with a 4" lift is a little surprising to me. A 2" lift should clear 37" tires with no issues, remove the fender liners and easily. Maybe this was not a Rubicon with the high line fenders? It looked like it was to me, but maybe that's just what I wanted to see. I'm pretty sure with a 4" lift you could run 39" tires without extensive trimming. In fact I thought a lot of the guys running a 3.5" were claiming that 40"s should fit on the Rubicon with no issues.
Looks like a Rubicon hood and fenders to me???

I have the RC 2.5”, 1.5” wheel spacers and 37x12.5” tires. The rear fenders do rub at full flex in the rear (nothing major, but they contact the top of the fender). The front just barely clears. 39s would hit for sure.

“Extensive”? Who knows. We all like to brag a little about how smart we are and how much work we put into a project.

Regardless, I wish the kit was available today. It would be perfect with the 37s.

Unfortunatly, I’m not patient enough to wait for the bumper.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
Looks like a Rubicon hood and fenders to me???

I have the RC 2.5”, 1.5” wheel spacers and 37x12.5” tires. The rear fenders do rub at full flex in the rear (nothing major, but they contact the top of the fender). The front just barely clears. 39s would hit for sure.

“Extensive”? Who knows. We all like to brag a little about how smart we are and how much work we put into a project.

Regardless, I wish the kit was available today. It would be perfect with the 37s.

Unfortunatly, I’m not patient enough to wait for the bumper.
maybe inner fenders and part of the outer? I know one thing if they released the stock fender light attachment there would be a lot of people keeping their stock fenders vs getting the aftermarkets.

Bobjon18

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Any news on these fenders?

Sponsored

whelan007

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara Unlimited
Email them if they would have a fender for the Sahara and they said they were working on one. It should be available in about 2mos for purchase according to their email.

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
:time::computerrage:Any update on the badass bumper options, the sweet lookin’ snorkel, and everyone’s favorite led fenders? Really quiet in @Rugged Ridge world these days, and I’m ready to MOD! They nailed it at SEMA, now I need it!:rock:

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
:time::computerrage:Any update on the badass bumper options, the sweet lookin’ snorkel, and everyone’s favorite led fenders? Really quiet in @Rugged Ridge world these days, and I’m ready to MOD! They nailed it at SEMA, now I need it!:rock:
I sent them an email/ support ticket to ask about the front bumper. They responded that the plan is to have it out around the July timeframe. I plan to stay factory until then as so far this is my favorite aftermarket bumper. Then poison spyder and Artec.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
I emailed them on 2/12 about the fender mod and they told me 6-8 weeks.

Sponsored

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sent them an email/ support ticket to ask about the front bumper. They responded that the plan is to have it out around the July timeframe. I plan to stay factory until then as so far this is my favorite aftermarket bumper. Then poison spyder and Artec.
Same here. That front bumper looks so good. Thanks for the update. It looks like they have a new logo on their website. With a cool video showing some of the coming parts, so that’s a good sign.

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
American Adventure Labs beat them to market with those led fender lights and bracket.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
American Adventure Labs beat them to market with those led fender lights and bracket.
Looks good but I'm still holding out to at least see what Rugged Ridge comes out with. I hope their kit comes with integrated inner fenders for both front and rear. Something with similar coverage of factory inner fenders but with more tire clearance.
Sponsored