Sponsored

ROAM Side Steps Install

SMUWILLD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Sport 4 Door Hardtop
My steps arrived Friday ... box is huge and it was well packaged.

I plan to install this weekend.

No install guide or part list included, so here’s my guess at where all the bolts and washers go.

C41384A4-A88B-4950-94B9-9B861033005D.jpeg

919E698F-6F3D-4526-801C-53206DEC6CB5.jpeg
This picture was a lifesaver for me. Thanks.

The most important thing is the washers are way to small for the underbody. I bought some 1 1/4” diameter 5/8ths washers to replace them.
Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This picture was a lifesaver for me. Thanks.

The most important thing is the washers are way to small for the underbody. I bought some 1 1/4” diameter 5/8ths washers to replace them.
Glad it helped!!

hutch1177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
That’s pretty funny they sent you back to this site to a post. I actually found that post right after I asked this question. Looks to me like there could be a slightly easier way, but I’m no expert at wiring.

Sponsored

Garrocha21

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018
15195244.jpg
15195257.jpg
15195309.jpg
Got the ROAM steps installed today. Thanks for the write-up, certainly helped!

15195314.jpg
How was wiring up the lights? Do you have a link to a diagram or write up on how to do it?

EDIT: Never mind, I found the link a little further down the forum. Your Jeep looks great by the way!

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
How was wiring up the lights? Do you have a link to a diagram or write up on how to do it?

EDIT: Never mind, I found the link a little further down the forum. Your Jeep looks great by the way!
Stupid question maybe but ...the lights tap into the headlights so only on when headlights are in?

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Stupid question maybe but ...the lights tap into the headlights so only on when headlights are in?
No, they are designed to tap into the courtesy interior lights so they light up when you unlock and enter your Jeep. They fade off with the interior lights once you start the vehicle. Check the thread that is referenced above if you want to know more on how this is done...there are a couple options. Most simple option is to run the wire through the firewall and tap into the driver and passenger footwell lights.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Does anyone know what thread is on the studs that hold the ROAM logo plate? I didn't receive any nuts to secure the plate to the studs.

Sponsored

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
I need a write up like this to install my light bar to my grill guard. Anyone have one of those for a novice installer? Great write up with pics though. These may be my first real install for mine. I hate to pay to have them done, but my limited skills make me nervous. Hoping to tackle the light bar soon if I can find some decent instructions.

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know what thread is on the studs that hold the ROAM logo plate? I didn't receive any nuts to secure the plate to the studs.
See my post #31 in this thread

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
Does the ROAM logo plate come black on one side and red on the other? I though I had read that somewhere.

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does the ROAM logo plate come black on one side and red on the other? I though I had read that somewhere.
No, it’s all black. Some guys are painting them that way (or other colors), so they can mix it up. I’ve also seen people doing them in vinyl film as well.