Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder’s Most Excellent Build Thread!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Got your game face on? Gonna be a great game today, and again, great Jeep you scored!

We pick ours up tomorrow!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Got your game face on? Gonna be a great game today, and again, great Jeep you scored!

We pick ours up tomorrow!
Congrats Brad! Pics and a build thread are required.

Kinda nervous about this one. Even though the Saints beat the Rams I the regular season it was a shootout that was much closer than I like. The slow starts lately have me anxious. Going to get a delicious breakfast somewhere and then head over to the Dome. Let’s hope home playoff dominance in the Brees/Payton era continues. Atlanta here we come!!!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Congrats Brad! Pics and a build thread are required.

Kinda nervous about this one. Even though the Saints beat the Rams I the regular season it was a shootout that was much closer than I like. The slow starts lately have me anxious. Going to get a delicious breakfast somewhere and then head over to the Dome. Let’s hope home playoff dominance in the Brees/Payton era continues. Atlanta here we come!!!
Keeping build simple, just wheels, tires, sidesteps & lights, but I'll shoot you some pics when I get it together, won't be trail killer like yours but looking forward to it for sure!

Gonna be a great game I think, want the Rams to win since I have some pretty good coin on the Super Bowl if they get there and my wife's been a Rams fan for 40 years, lol. Brees is a bad dude though and that #13 is a beast.
BTW, what's your name?

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Keeping build simple, just wheels, tires, sidesteps & lights, but I'll shoot you some pics when I get it together, won't be trail killer like yours but looking forward to it for sure!

Gonna be a great game I think, want the Rams to win since I have some pretty good coin on the Super Bowl if they get there and my wife's been a Rams fan for 40 years, lol. Brees is a bad dude though and that #13 is a beast.
BTW, what's your name?
Seems a certain game official had money on the game too. That’s the only explanation for that horrendous lack of flag that gave the game to the Rams. Congrats to you and Mrs. Brad. And to the NFL that managed to somehow end up the 2 largest TV market teams in the Super Bowl instead of the 2 smallest markets. Hmm...

I’m hurt that we’ve know each other for years and you don’t remember me. I’m Jeremy, but you can call me Betty. ;)

Sponsored

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
That was a terrible missed call.

What are you planning for your rig next? Lift, wheels and tires? Bronze wheels look amazing with Ocean Blue!

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Sorry Jeep Noob. I have no dog in the hunt, and it was obvious the ref blew that call “bigly”. Saints got jobbed.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seriously, you're Jeremy???
I know we talked about you looking into a Jeep a few years back and this is too crazy. Is that why you haven't been on the other site much? That's my reason lol. Great to have another G homey on the site.

And FWIW that was a horrible way to get to the Super Bowl, no way all the refs at the same time somehow didn't see that hit, very sad day for Saints fans, and TBH the NFL. Just like the fact that potential career ending hits can't be reviewed after the fact and made right. Lots of work needs to be done to insure the game isn't in the hands of deeper pockets.

At any rate, great build Jeremy (aka BB) :)

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Seriously, you're Jeremy???
I know we talked about you looking into a Jeep a few years back and this is too crazy. Is that why you haven't been on the other site much? That's my reason lol. Great to have another G homey on the site.

And FWIW that was a horrible way to get to the Super Bowl, no way all the refs at the same time somehow didn't see that hit, very sad day for Saints fans, and TBH the NFL. Just like the fact that potential career ending hits can't be reviewed after the fact and made right. Lots of work needs to be done to insure the game isn't in the hands of deeper pockets.

At any rate, great build Jeremy (aka BB) :)
Small world, ain’t it? Cant believe you didn’t know it was me. Remember when I was picking your brain about restoring a CJ7? Decided to forgo spending crazy money and time on a project Jeep and just get a brand new one.

Been crazy busy with work during the week, vacation, then death in the family, then traveling for playoff football. No time for mods. This week I’m getting the G sold (hopefully) and then I’ll have time and money to do some mods on Rubi

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That was a terrible missed call.

What are you planning for your rig next? Lift, wheels and tires? Bronze wheels look amazing with Ocean Blue!
I really like bronze wheels on white, it’s nice on black when well done, but don’t see that it works so well on blue. Got photos of any on Ocean Blue that look good? I really like the upgrade Rubicon wheels and have a set in the garage. Plan to get 35s in them and go that route.

Dynatrac lift has been sitting in my foyer for a couple months waiting for a Jeep to go in. Hope to get it on in the next few weeks.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That's awesome, although dealing w/ Noobs all the time on the G board I'm surprised you'd go w/ Noob in your nic lol. Great to see you over here, and sorry to hear about your loss in the family, never easy to deal w/ that stuff. Look forward to your upcoming plans and adventures.
You know me, I'm a bit more basic :) But I think I've already got the tire/wheel stuff down over here :)

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I don't think I've seen a Rubi with fenders that match the body paint color, just the black fenders. Looks awesome man! You have something hanging on the left rear roll cage too, there's a cordura nylon case there. Flashlight probably. It's a mod ;)

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
I really like bronze wheels on white, it’s nice on black when well done, but don’t see that it works so well on blue. Got photos of any on Ocean Blue that look good? I really like the upgrade Rubicon wheels and have a set in the garage. Plan to get 35s in them and go that route.

Dynatrac lift has been sitting in my foyer for a couple months waiting for a Jeep to go in. Hope to get it on in the next few weeks.
Here are a few pics. They look awesome in my opinion.

dff365b86d598755acae2c98c58ecd12.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3522.jpg

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I don't think I've seen a Rubi with fenders that match the body paint color, just the black fenders. Looks awesome man! You have something hanging on the left rear roll cage too, there's a cordura nylon case there. Flashlight probably. It's a mod ;)
Good eye! Jeep Informant flashlight in Ocean Blue. Technically I guess it’s a mod. Kinda. I put that in last week.

61260A93-12CF-41C1-A224-D24D30D406D1.jpeg

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Here are a few pics. They look awesome in my opinion.

dff365b86d598755acae2c98c58ecd12.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3522.jpg
Nope, I’m not feeling it. They don’t look bad, just different than my taste. Same wheels on white would look great to me.
Sponsored