First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Sooo... question:
While trying to install my ACE RAILS, one of the bolts broke. So I made an appointment at dealer. No doubt it will require a d*** root canal.
I don’t know if this is on me or on Jeep. Has anyone experienced this? Wonder if I can argue it’s a defective bolt, at least the way it was threaded. I don’t know what they will say in the end, just want to be prepared.
This has been discussed in other threads, see below

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ders-rails-sidesteps.8835/page-14#post-530557
Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Sooo... question:
While trying to install my ACE RAILS, one of the bolts broke. So I made an appointment at dealer. No doubt it will require a d*** root canal.
I don’t know if this is on me or on Jeep. Has anyone experienced this? Wonder if I can argue it’s a defective bolt, at least the way it was threaded. I don’t know what they will say in the end, just want to be prepared.
i dont think id take it to the dealer, might end up being pricey. id opt for a local shop, ive read they can be a bear and i dont believe itll be covered under warranty. but if you got a cool dealership maybe they will, good luck.

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl
i dont think id take it to the dealer, might end up being pricey. id opt for a local shop, ive read they can be a bear and i dont believe itll be covered under warranty. but if you got a cool dealership maybe they will, good luck.
Yeah... one of my mechanic friends helped me, he had the tools. Wish I knew the trick with there heatgun. Need to get it fixed, I’ll see what dealer says then. Hopefully less $$ than a real root canal... will drop it off sunday

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
18 days in D1 still... the wait is painful.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Sooo... question:
So very sorry to see this Cristina! Good luck on getting things fixed.

Sponsored

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
Sooo... question:
WOW you are d*** strong ! :giggle: Cheap-ass foreign bolts. Throw them all
away NOW!! Use grade 8 bolts they will not ever break.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
WOW you are d*** strong ! :giggle: Cheap-ass foreign bolts. Throw them all
away NOW!! Use grade 8 bolts they will not ever break.
that body mount bolt is strange, its got to be in some kind of threadlock nut on the other end. i was lucky, i used the impact gun. only had one bind a bit but it let go before it broke. and believe me when i say, i have broken many grade 8 bolts too lol

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
that body mount bolt is strange, its got to be in some kind of threadlock nut on the other end. i was lucky, i used the impact gun. only had one bind a bit but it let go before it broke. and believe me when i say, i have broken many grade 8 bolts too lol
It’s red locktite

Dingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon ordered 10/28/18, built 12/19/18, delivered 1/14/19
Got my 2-Door JL Rubicon. Ordered 10/28/18, built 12/19/28, called that it was being prepped at the dealer on 1/11/19. Picked up on 1/14/19. Seattle area. Just submitted a $250 mail in rebate from https://bonusdrive.com/ that I'm applicable for due to my insurance company.

Added LockerDown console safe, all weather floor mats and short antenna. Have a Warn Zeon, mounting kit and Magnaflow Rock Crawler exhaust sitting in the dining room awaiting install.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Got my 2-Door JL Rubicon. Ordered 10/28/18, built 12/19/28, called that it was being prepped at the dealer on 1/11/19. Picked up on 1/14/19. Seattle area. Just submitted a $250 mail in rebate from https://bonusdrive.com/ that I'm applicable for due to my insurance company.

Added LockerDown console safe, all weather floor mats and short antenna. Have a Warn Zeon, mounting kit and Magnaflow Rock Crawler exhaust sitting in the dining room awaiting install.
Congrats!

Sponsored

IMBlu

First Name
Cristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door ocean blue jl

Great news! So nice to see them rolling!

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Fred, have you seen any reviews on this forum about the Husky cargo liner? I tried using the search to find some comments and pics, but no luck. Looking at the Husky website, it looks like it would arrive with the cutouts intact. No real installation pic, however, to see how well it covers the back, how close it comes to the back gate and second row seat footwell.
Haven't yet.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Can't remember if this is the thread i was commenting on or not but ordered the metalcloak gamechanger for any one interested. Going to go with the adjustable falcon shocks. Hopefully i can get some time home for an install party.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
well it seems like this thread is finally starting to wilt. where is everyone hanging out now a days. i have not really spent too much time exploring the boards. what is another interesting thread?

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
I am hoping to bring this thread back to life! The 2-doors are the most exciting Jeeps out there.
Just got news today from Jeep chat that my build has moved from D1 to F status today! So stoked!
Sponsored