Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Never seen any value of having remote start especially with the Wrangler where the engine warms up very quickly. Same now for proximity option. Lot's of money to save a couple of minutes of mild discomfort. Or to not push a button on the fob. $1,000 I can better use elsewhere. Same for heated seats and wheel. Guess I am more of a caveman.

kayman301

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Does anyone know if this will allow a remote start from the phone/Uconnect app?

Sponsored

kayman301

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Never seen any value of having remote start especially with the Wrangler where the engine warms up very quickly. Same now for proximity option. Lot's of money to save a couple of minutes of mild discomfort. Or to not push a button on the fob. $1,000 I can better use elsewhere. Same for heated seats and wheel. Guess I am more of a caveman.
It's a nice to have when it's 9 degrees or 90 degrees

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Well, no way are you going to get OEM Remote Start and have it installed by dealer for only $200.
Again, more like $500.00-.

As for aftermarket Remote Start with today's Wrangler. Would not have it on my vehicle if YOU paid for it. No way.
Checked into this for my 2020 JL and the cost from the dealer is $899 (if you buy it from them). Dealers dont like to install aftermarket equipment, in fact most wont due to warranty liabilities. Viper makes a system that I am putting in my Jeep, It has auto start and motion detection when the top is off if you put your hand inside the barrier of the motion sensors, even has a tilt sensor ( if they were stealing your jeep and putting it on a truck as soon as the "attitude" changes the alarm goes off. I am not paying the F(&^%5 Dealer another penny. Everything they sell is triple the price.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Checked into this for my 2020 JL and the cost from the dealer is $899 (if you buy it from them). Dealers dont like to ipeinstall aftermarket equipment, in fact most wont due to warranty liabilities. Viper makes a system that I am putting in my Jeep, It has auto start and motion detection when the top is off if you put your hand inside the barrier of the motion sensors, even has a tilt sensor ( if they were stealing your jeep and putting it on a truck as soon as the "attitude" changes the alarm goes off. I am not paying the F(&^%5 Dealer another penny. Everything they sell is triple the price.
Is it a viper alarm you're putting on ? On my JK I added alarm and it worked off the factory key fob on my JL I could not do that and I did not want to carry two key fobs so I went with EVT. It's a tracking device I can see where my Jeep is 24/7 within 5 feet and if my Jeep starts moving even a little bit without being started it notifies me and the monitoring company tell them it's moving which is probably on a tow truck because I tell him they steal most vehicles now they just hook up a tow truck and grab & go. I pay $150 a year and that's it if they break the window and notifies me but I looked at it like this. Now days when alarms go off no one cares it can go down the road with lights flashing alarm going off no one cares anymore. And if they tow your vehicle off and you don't know it 10 hours later when you wake up in the morning and your vehicles gone depending on where you live like in Texas like we do you can be in Mexico at least a minute it moves I know it inless they hotwire and they're going to have to open the door to do that and it will notify me for that too. some people say they can have it let the insurance pay me no thanks I've got too much invested in my Jeep I've got about $8,000 of it covered but not all of it and I don't want to start over by chiefs not barely two years old and like most people you fix a vehicle up to your liking and your character and that's how I feel. I don't want to start over now 5, 6 years from now if I still have it might be a different story but I will probably get rid of it in 5 years like I always do. I usually get a new vehicle every five years a used to be 3 when I was driving to the airport to work and put in 25 to 30,000 miles a year I would get rid of vehicle in 3 years cuz after 90,000 I wanted a new one. anyway on the viper system you're putting in are you going to have to carry an extra key fob for that feature?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Sorry about the long text but I use voice text so sometimes I talk too long LOL

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Is it a viper alarm you're putting on ? On my JK I added alarm and it worked off the factory key fob on my JL I could not do that and I did not want to carry two key fobs so I went with EVT. It's a tracking device I can see where my Jeep is 24/7 within 5 feet and if my Jeep starts moving even a little bit without being started it notifies me and the monitoring company tell them it's moving which is probably on a tow truck because I tell him they steal most vehicles now they just hook up a tow truck and grab & go. I pay $150 a year and that's it if they break the window and notifies me but I looked at it like this. Now days when alarms go off no one cares it can go down the road with lights flashing alarm going off no one cares anymore. And if they tow your vehicle off and you don't know it 10 hours later when you wake up in the morning and your vehicles gone depending on where you live like in Texas like we do you can be in Mexico at least a minute it moves I know it inless they hotwire and they're going to have to open the door to do that and it will notify me for that too. some people say they can have it let the insurance pay me no thanks I've got too much invested in my Jeep I've got about $8,000 of it covered but not all of it and I don't want to start over by chiefs not barely two years old and like most people you fix a vehicle up to your liking and your character and that's how I feel. I don't want to start over now 5, 6 years from now if I still have it might be a different story but I will probably get rid of it in 5 years like I always do. I usually get a new vehicle every five years a used to be 3 when I was driving to the airport to work and put in 25 to 30,000 miles a year I would get rid of vehicle in 3 years cuz after 90,000 I wanted a new one. anyway on the viper system you're putting in are you going to have to carry an extra key fob for that feature?
Is this the one that you use through your phone? Does it have auto lock doors and remote engine start? This might be the other unit I was looking at. I just didnt want to pay $150 yr. But you are correct, no gives a shit if your car is beeping and honking anymore. Boy who cried wolf kind of thing...

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure about the Wrangler but I installed a Fortin EVO-ONE on the wife's Mazda back last fall. Plug and play for around $200. She just has to push her OEM remote lock button 3 times and it will auto-start. No extra FOB but it doesn't do anything else like the Wrangler OEM setup - heat kicks on under a certain temp. They have a version where you can use your phone but it's probably an additional $200-$300 dollars.

JaayyyeeeE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
For those that bought the mopar kit. Do you happen to know what the part number is for the rf module and antenna? Oddly enough my JL came with remote start key fobs but no remote start (I suspect it was rekeyed at some point or maybe they ran out of regular keyfobs :CWL:). Thanks!

Last edited:

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I used this...

https://www.amazon.com/Start-X-Star...r=8-128#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div

it works great and literally took me about 10 mins to do.
I live in Phoenix, I love the remote start. A lot more people are installing it or buying their cars that way down here. My Jeep was 135 F the other day when I had to quickly check something on the Tazer, so I didn't start it from the house. WOOOOWWWEEE There is a Pic on another thread about Jeep cooling. And then there is winter.....in the North of course.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂