Tet930

First Name
Tet930
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Wrangler Sahara
Hi,

I looking for original Rubicon steel bumper in Europe for my Sahara JL Wrangler , maybe somebody already have experience with buying this part as original one in Europe version is not aceptable :) at least for me :)
Sponsored

SNies

First Name
Stefan Nies
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2015 JK CRD X-edition, Jeep Compas, Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Hi,

I looking for original Rubicon steel bumper in Europe for my Sahara JL Wrangler , maybe somebody already have experience with buying this part as original one in Europe version is not aceptable :) at least for me :)
I did see them on the site of www.jeepshop.be

TheoYJ

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Jeep JL
The european front bumper is made to protect pedestrians in case of an accident. Here in germany we may change it to the original Rubicon steel front bumper, but it has to pass a technical inspection. For that you will need a written report for that changed part by a special technical engineer.

Sellers can instruct a special technical engineer to make tests with the part, and if its positive, he will have a admission that this part can be used in german and european traffic. But these tests and the technicals report are expensive (severals thousand Euros), so the sellers want to get their invenstment back, and the part including the technical admission is much more expensive than without that admission.

If I order the bumper in USA, I have to pay 900 USD for the bumper and another 300 USD for shipping to Germany, together 1200 USD = 1072 Euros. Additionally I have to pay 19% taxes for import (228 Euros), so all together I`ll have that bumper in my garage for 1300 Euros.

German sellers are selling this front bumper for a price of 1995 Euros including the written technical admission to use it in Germany, So customers have to pay more than 600 Euros more for that written technical admission.

https://shop.offroadnetwork.de/epag...4e-3697-4ca4-b72f-ee3aa6baca63/Products/52030

And when you look around - all german sellers demand the same price.....

Andy

Last edited:

Sponsored

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
The european front bumper is made to protect pedestrians in case of an accident. Here in germany we may change it to the original Rubicon steel front bumper, but it has to pass a technical inspection. For that you will need a written report for that changed part by a special technical engineer.

Sellers can instruct a special technical engineer to make tests with the part, and if its positive, he will have a admission that this part can be used in german and european traffic. But these tests and the technicals report are expensive (severals thousand Euros), so the sellers want to get their invenstment back, and the part including the technical admission is much more expensive than without that admission.

If I order the bumper in USA, I have to pay 900 USD for the bumper and another 300 USD for shipping to Germany, together 1200 USD = 1072 Euros. Additionally I have to pay 19% taxes for import (228 Euros), so all together I`ll have that bumper in my garage for 1300 Euros.

German sellers are selling this front bumper for a price of 1995 Euros including the written technical admission to use it in Germany, So customers have to pay more than 600 Euros more for that written technical admission.

https://shop.offroadnetwork.de/epag...4e-3697-4ca4-b72f-ee3aa6baca63/Products/52030

And when you look around - all german sellers demand the same price.....

Andy
Do you know if the TUV certificate is for the original Mopar OEM bumper only?

I am interested in putting the metal bumper in my Rubi, but all the Mopar ones do not have the holes for the parking sensors... however I see some other exact copies sold on eBay with the hole sensors, but obviously the do not have Mopar serial numbers on it...

Thanks in advance

NYLONZ

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020 - 2.0 StingGray, TJ 2004 - 4.0
I purchased the Copy Bumper with sensor holes & will be fitting it later today.

Quality looks Excellent - same as other Original Mopar ones I've seen Hi Res Pictures of.

Purchased mine complete with Lightbar from a company in Poland

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
I purchased the Copy Bumper with sensor holes & will be fitting it later today.

Quality looks Excellent - same as other Original Mopar ones I've seen Hi Res Pictures of.

Purchased mine complete with Lightbar from a company in Poland
Sounds interesting... do you have a link?

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel

Sponsored

NYLONZ

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many thanks! how did the installation go?
To be honest, I thought it would be cheaper... it cost almost the same as the Mopar one
Mopar one in the UK is £1900 & does not have provision for Parking Sensors.

I'll be fitting later today (too wet yesterday)

NYLONZ

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many thanks! how did the installation go?
To be honest, I thought it would be cheaper... it cost almost the same as the Mopar one
Trouble is you can't get the Mopar Original with Parking Sensor Provision - the copy ones have holes etc in the correct positions to just swap the sensors over.
The Copy Bumper is at least half the price of the Mopar one

NYLONZ

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll do a separate thread on a guide to fitting the Copy Bumper & my thoughts on it once fitted
Sponsored