Sponsored

Philadelphia-area/Delco Dealers

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I got about 5% off of invoice, about 10% off of sticker. I got quotes for 2 and 4 door Rubicons, with most of the options, I did not want leather. That is assuming a Tread Lightly membership. You have to be a member of Tread Lightly for 30 days, Jeeps usually take longer than that to get delivered. I signed up for Tread Lightly the day I ordered. I think dealer fees were $150-$200, plus registration/taxes. You may be able to get a better deal somewhere else, but for me, Courtesy is about 30 minutes away, she told me my fees at the beginning, there wasn't a dealer fee of $600 like some are charging. It was really straight forward and easy. She gave me a quote over the phone and I think I signed an agreement within an hour. In my mind, there isn't that much difference between 4% and 6%, some dealers make it up in fees, some dealers require a road trip, which is more time and money. If there were any problems at delivery, I could go home empty handed no problem. Someone else posted about a paint issue at another dealer, and they have to get it fixed and figure it themselves, and then try to get reimbursed by the selling dealer. And if it is out of state, and you have an issue/Lemon Law concern, good luck figuring it out between 2 states.
I hear ya and I totally agree. Courtesy is not my closest dealer but they aren't too far, either. They seemed pretty up front with pricing and at this point are the best deal out of my local dealers. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Mind if I ask what deal did you get from Kate? I've read some people got 4% while I saw mention in this thread other were getting 6%. I wonder if the discount is model specific or specific to the amount of options. I am looking to get a Rubicon Unlimited with a fair amount of options.
Hard to quantify a precise %. Some dealers will claim 6% but charge an exorbitant dealer fee. Kate at Courtesy Jeep matched the out-the-door quote from Criswell so I was happy. Heck, they are even refunding me $20+ because some fee (registration?) was less than estimated. Very honest.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Does anyone know if Courtesy receives their Jeeps by train or by truck?

lukow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
I’m not 100% positive, but I would assume train for the majority of the trip then truck for the last leg of the journey. Here is a picture of my Jeep that Kate sent me when it arrived at Courtesy on Friday.

7C16B829-1BA2-4832-88D7-D6C724E2E67E.jpeg

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
No idea. But my sticker appeared online on a Wednesday night, and Kate called me 48 hours later to say my Jeep arrived.

Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Someone mentioned it was truck if within 500 miles of the factory and I think Courtesy is real close to that. Good to hear they are having a fast turn around. Fingers crossed my order won’t be a several month ordeal like some have experienced.

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I hear ya and I totally agree. Courtesy is not my closest dealer but they aren't too far, either. They seemed pretty up front with pricing and at this point are the best deal out of my local dealers. Thanks for the info.
Courtesy Chrysler Jeep did a great job for me. I ordered a 2019 Sahara with Kate. She listened to what I wanted. Did most of it on line. Kate got me a fair price. Only saw her once to sign the deal and once to pick up the Wrangler. Went to David's jeep and felt blown off. I did not appreciate the treatment of David's personal. Courtesy Chrysler Jeep worth the trip

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I first started looking on these boards a few weeks ago, and I had trouble finding centralized information on Philly-area dealers. So, I figured I’d put some numbers together for the next poor soul who is in the area and trying to find the best deal. The tl/dr here is that no Philly-area dealers will go anywhere near Farrish/Koons/Criswell, and you are likely better off making the 3-4 hour trek to NOVA/MD.

I was in the market for a 2019 JL Sahara with an MSRP of $49,165 and an invoice of $46,442. I got quotes from the VA/MD dealers first, knowing that they would be lower than the Philly dealers. Then, I tried to leverage the out-of-state offers against the Philly-area offers. I indicated that I’d rather have a relationship with a local dealer and save myself a trip (which was true). Unfortunately, most of the time, the Philly-area dealers just said they couldn’t come close to the out-of-state offers.

1. Farrish (VA) – 7.25% off invoice (with a requirement to finance through them) for a total of $43,074 + 699 doc fee. Total before tax was $43,733. 6.25% off invoice without financing. Required a affiliate code at time of purchase.

2. Koons (VA) – offered 5% off invoice, but wouldn’t match Farrish (and, IIRC, they said something about watching out for Farrish’s being shady, which I always find a little shady in and of itself). Ended with an offer of $44,119 + 699 doc fee. Total before tax was $44,818.

3. Criswell (MD) – offered 6% off invoice, but gave me the wrong build info. Would have worked out to be more than Farrish anyways, and they gave me a higher price even knowing what Farrish had offered.

4. Family Jeep (Philadelphia, PA) – said the MSRP was $50,156 (which was obviously incorrect) and offered $47,573 + 141 doc fee. Wouldn’t even lower price after seeing the Farrish offer. Total before tax was $47,714 = 2.4% over invoice.

5. Videon (Newtown Square, PA) – indicated he would sell at 45,963 + 141 doc fee. Couldn’t match Farrish and didn’t try to come close. If you absolutely want to buy local, I would recommend these guys. Responsive and professional. Even said that I should take Farrish's deal because it was a great deal and they just couldn't match, which I found to be a pretty honest answer. I would be surprised if they wouldn't match David's price below. Total before tax was $46,104 = ~1% under invoice.

6. David Dodge (Glen Mills, PA) – initial offer was $47,832, but dropped to $45,442 after showing the Farrish quote. Unsure of doc fee here. Total before tax was $45,442 + doc fee (unknown) = ~2.15% under invoice.

7. Courtesy Jeep (Coatesville, PA) – emailed Kate a few times based on recommendations from the board, but never heard back. From what I gather, this probably would've been the best price for a local-ish dealer. [EDIT: people have noted getting 6% off invoice. I would recommend calling, rather than emailing, as Kate doesn't seem to get (or respond) to initial emails.]

[EDIT: 8. Norristown Jeep - commenter below noted getting 4% off invoice, which seems to be the best deal in/around Philly that isn't a Jeep from Kate.]

Ultimately, I went with Spencer at Farrish because they were the lowest by a fair margin, and because Spencer was very responsive to emails. Closest Philly-area dealer was at least $1,709 (plus unknown doc fee at David Dodge) more than Farrish, which comes out to only ~2.15% under invoice. I used to live in NOVA, so it’ll be nice to take a day trip back to the area. Admittedly, I didn’t hit every Philly-area dealer, but I live in Delco so I generally stayed south and west of the city, and honestly after the first three dealers didn’t come close to the VA/MD dealers, I didn’t really want to waste my time.
I found that Courtesy Jeep and Kate were very good replying to email. In fact we did our whole deal via email. Kate even found a extra $500 rebate for me after we made deal. Found that David's to have a philosophy of selling cars that I didn't agree with.
I felt that the difference between Kate and all of the out of state deals was not enough to have me kill a day for 2 people to pick up a car.

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
dambrosio also didn't deal on mine either, they ended up 1% below invoice, and didnt go lower after i came back twice. bought from courtesy down the road, great deal.
I called Diambrosio and they were 1 percent under and wouldn't budge. Of course they did not get the sale. They also did not like to do business over the internet. Wanted me to come in. I was building no need go into talk. Found David's even worse.

Komi85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Anyone in the Philly/Delco region use the dealers for service yet? Would you recommend any of them? Close to D'Ambrosio for work and David's on commute home. Jeep was bought from Norristown but that's a bit out of the way. Appreciate any recommendations--thanks!

Sponsored

Dawn Patrol

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted many dealers and there was always one snag or another. Bought my last Jeep at Sands and had a good experience but found the exact Jeep I wanted at Koons and no one around her would match the price so I took a drive. I had a good experience.

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Hi
Anyone in the Philly/Delco region use the dealers for service yet? Would you recommend any of them? Close to D'Ambrosio for work and David's on commute home. Jeep was bought from Norristown but that's a bit out of the way. Appreciate any recommendations--thanks!
. I have used Courtesy Jeep in Coatsville and they did a nice job. Also I would let Jeep cares know where you take it for service. I found them useful in getting things done through the dealership.​

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Hi. I have used Courtesy Jeep in Coatsville and they did a nice job. Also I would let Jeep cares know where you take it for service. I found them useful in getting things done through the dealership.​
I must admit though you would think that a dealership service would be the best thing for the vehicle. I have not found that to be true. Most of the dealership service no matter what brand is poor. They take advantage of the person with the vehicle. Only Know what the computer tells them (at the time of service) and not being able to fix a problem the first time.

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I hear ya and I totally agree. Courtesy is not my closest dealer but they aren't too far, either. Courtesy Jeep seemed pretty up front with pricing and at this point are the best deal out of my local dealers. Thanks for the info.
I dealt with Kate at Courtesy to get my Jeep. We came close enough on the price that i did not have to go to Va. or Maryland. I ordered mine there. There was a problem with the start stop system and Jeep waves wanted me to take it back to the dealer I got it from. I would of been screwed if that happened and I had to go to Va. or Maryland to get it fixed.

JeeperJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara 4xe
I dealt with Kate at Courtesy to get my Jeep. We came close enough on the price that i did not have to go to Va. or Maryland. I ordered mine there. There was a problem with the start stop system and Jeep waves wanted me to take it back to the dealer I got it from. I would of been screwed if that happened and I had to go to Va. or Maryland to get it fixed.
I ordered from Kate at Courtesy and it’s been an overall good experience so far. They got close enough on price vs Criswell that I pulled the trigger with them.
Sponsored