Sponsored

Strongly Considering a new JL

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I have been putting off buying a new vehicle for some time now. I finally test drove a Wrangler and I think this is the route I am going to go. It will be a 4 door Jl for sure and I really like the Punk’n Orange. I am now down to picking out options. I want to be as cheap as possible, but not leave out anything that makes sense. For that reason, I think my best bet is the Sport S with the following.

8 Speed Automatic - so my wife can drive it too

7in Radio Group - seems like a LOT of convenience upgrades that would hard if not impossible to add later

Anti-Spin Diff - this one I guess I could go either way on. I will not off-road this thing much (I don't think), but it will get used on the farm and driven in snow when we get it. Seems like for $595 the LSD and upgrade to a D44 is worth it?

Towing Package - as I said, this will get used on the farm, I need to be able to pull wagons/trailers from time to time. I figure by the time I buy a hitch and wire it up there would not be a huge price difference. I assume the factory will do a cleaner job on the wiring and I get the bigger battery and alternator.

Hard Top - I don't want a soft top

This puts me at $41,820.

The only other options I think I would consider are cold weather which includes the convenience package too. But that makes it a $1390 add on. The remote start would be nice, but I can get it added locally for way less than that. I have never had a heated steering wheel, and heated seats on cloth do not seem that important.

Is there anything else I should look at? Are some of the options I think I need not necessary? If I bump up to the Sahara some of these are standard, but the price goes up. I know there are a couple other things that get upgraded like the shocks, but is there anything that make is worth it?
Sponsored

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
I believe anti-spin is stock on the 19's so you can drop that cost. That's the exact build I wanted, but bought something a little different.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I did t think I cared about the 8” audio group either. But it was on the one I picked from the lot. Well worth it I think. Not sure you can easily upgrade to a similar system.

Which engine do you want? The V6 or the Turbo 4?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
The only other options I think I would consider are cold weather which includes the convenience package too. But that makes it a $1390 add on. The remote start would be nice, but I can get it added locally for way less than that. I have never had a heated steering wheel, and heated seats on cloth do not seem that important.
As far as going aftermarket for remote start, I know some people that have done it with non-Wranglers and have had issues with them. Yes, it probably depends on the installer, but that is still a wildcard. Also, the aftermarket will may require a second key fob for remote start, which is just something else to carry. And it can potentially void a warranty. And vehicles these days do have a lot of sensitive electronics.

As far as the heated cloth seats and steering wheel, they do work great. Its hard to not have them once you have had them. Your choice if its worth it or not.

OP
OP
jdhunt0

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I believe anti-spin is stock on the 19's so you can drop that cost. That's the exact build I wanted, but bought something a little different.
It is listed as an option on the build sheet? I have never seen this stated anywhere else.

I did t think I cared about the 8” audio group either. But it was on the one I picked from the lot. Well worth it I think. Not sure you can easily upgrade to a similar system.

Which engine do you want? The V6 or the Turbo 4?
Going with the V6. As far as radio, I will probably replace it all at some point anyway. But I want the climate control and all the other things that come with the 7" screen. It does look like you can swap to the 8.4 pretty easily later, but I don't know what all you get with the option other than a larger screen on the head unit.

As far as going aftermarket for remote start, I know some people that have done it with non-Wranglers and have had issues with them. Yes, it probably depends on the installer, but that is still a wildcard. Also, the aftermarket will may require a second key fob for remote start, which is just something else to carry. And it can potentially void a warranty. And vehicles these days do have a lot of sensitive electronics.

As far as the heated cloth seats and steering wheel, they do work great. Its hard to not have them once you have had them. Your choice if its worth it or not.
I used to work in car audio and still have some friends that are professionals in the trade. You can actually add remote starts now that work with the factory key fob.

I have found a Jeep built just like what I was going to order but in Sting Ray. I made an offer on it this morning.

Sponsored

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had to order the antispin on my ‘19 JKU Sport, just delivered a week ago. I believe that also upgrades the axle to the M220 (also known as D44). When I ordered my Jeep in December I was told that the open diff sports get the M200 axle, and although I’m not certain about that, adding the antispin option was a small price to pay to be certain to get the M220.
Sponsored