XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
I'm just being a smart ass, 35's and a lift isn't the easiest way to make something fast. As more people boost these things whether it be turbo, centrifugal blower, or PD blower I hope some make it out to the track to see what they actually run with what mods.
This^^^

He wants to go fast but he’s jerking himself off with 35’s and now a re-gear... if it were me id have 31’s on in... and stock suspension with perhaps a more responsibe dampener .
Sponsored

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I forgot about torque multiplication and you’re right. So I won’t change the rev limiter. Do you think I should go with the 4.88’s?
For what you want it to do, I think 4.88s are the way to go. I think your 0-60 times are going to be killer!

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
This^^^

He wants to go fast but he’s jerking himself off with 35’s and now a re-gear... if it were me id have 31’s on in... and stock suspension with perhaps a more responsibe dampener .
I think he wants to surprise people with a lifted jeep... not with a jeep that looks like it wants to be on a drag strip.. Plus he retains offroad performance.

OP
OP
jimlove9771

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Retird
I think he wants to surprise people with a lifted jeep... not with a jeep that looks like it wants to be on a drag strip.. Plus he retains offroad performance.
Thank you. Finally someone who understands where I am at. I actually have no intention of ever racing. I may but probably won’t ever hit the track. If I did it would be merely for my personal information just so that I know what I have accomplished and where stand within the community.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jimlove9771

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retird
Fo
This^^^

He wants to go fast but he’s jerking himself off with 35’s and now a re-gear... if it were me id have 31’s on in... and stock suspension with perhaps a more responsibe dampener .[/QUO
Thank you. Finally someone who understands where I am at. I actually have no intention of ever racing. I may but probably won’t ever hit the track. If I did it would be merely for my personal information just so that I know what I have accomplished and where stand within the community.
i have made my final decision. I thank all of you who have contributed positively on my behalf. If my tires were true 35” instead of 34.4” initial diameter it might have been different. As they will continue to wear towards 34” and less I believe that handling might become a bit untenable. Besides for just having fun around town I don’t need to eek out the very last bit of performance. So I am going with 4.56 which should still astonish the typical person who rides with me or comes across me on the street. Once again thank you all non cynical followers. May we continue to maintain a civil brotherhood in sympathy and aid of each other. After all no one knows everything and by sharing our thoughts and experience we all benefit.

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
Saw you guys mentioning track and while I do not see me using forced induction on the JL for the near future (finally enjoying 87 octane pricing lol) I thought I would post up track times from my JK. I had dyno tuned sprintex twin screw. 305whp on 35's and I'll have to find dyno sheet for torque numbers, somewhere mid 300's. The best I ran was a 14.8 but never pulled weight off and didn't really launch hard. Contemplated the Prodigy Turbo for a long time as I know that thing would be a rocketship relatively speaking. Bet yours sounds awesome!!

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
Good luck, I raced EVERYBODY who would give me the time of day. Most street racing was good for me with the power right at the bottom but I bet you'll be as addicted as I was. Can't tell you how many times I heard "WTF IS IN THAT THING?" OR "I Did NOT see that coming!!" afterwards. It never ever gets old. Have fun!

OP
OP
jimlove9771

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retird
Good luck, I raced EVERYBODY who would give me the time of day. Most street racing was good for me with the power right at the bottom but I bet you'll be as addicted as I was. Can't tell you how many times I heard "WTF IS IN THAT THING?" OR "I Did NOT see that coming!!" afterwards. It never ever gets old. Have fun!
Guys. I am going through the traps in the modern high tech way. I have ordered a “Draggy”. If you don’t know about it, check it out! I know there will be some nay sayers but for $150 it’s possibilities are just so 21st century. Anybody got expieience with one?

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
They have apps for your phone that will do the same thing as that dragy. I assume you are looking to see performance values etc....

Sponsored

OP
OP
jimlove9771

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retird
Guys. I am going through the traps in the modern high tech way. I have ordered a “Draggy”. If you don’t know about it, check it out! I know there will be some nay sayers but for $150 it’s possibilities are just so 21st century. Anybody got expieience with one?
Just thought I would post initial test with my new Dragy. I only had time for one test run and only 0-60. Remember guys this is with an 8 speed automatic, stock gear ratio of 3.45, 35” tires and a 2” Mopar lift kit all of which are a drag on acceleration (especially those tires, weighing in at 65# each + 30# wheels, that’s 100# per side). How does 5.89 secs sound? I will refine tomorrow but I don’t expect much improvement. I will also complete the 1/4 mi which will be in about 15 secs.

Two weeks and I will post results with new gearing. Stay tuned.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Just thought I would post initial test with my new Dragy. I only had time for one test run and only 0-60. Remember guys this is with an 8 speed automatic, stock gear ratio of 3.45, 35” tires and a 2” Mopar lift kit all of which are a drag on acceleration (especially those tires, weighing in at 65# each + 30# wheels, that’s 100# per side). How does 5.89 secs sound? I will refine tomorrow but I don’t expect much improvement. I will also complete the 1/4 mi which will be in about 15 secs.

Two weeks and I will post results with new gearing. Stay tuned.
Thats really good. My guess is youll rip to just about 5 sec if you can get sub 5 with 35’s this kit is rediculous.

OP
OP
jimlove9771

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retird
Thats really good. My guess is youll rip to just about 5 sec if you can get sub 5 with 35’s this kit is rediculous.
Screen shot iof my run.
upload_2019-1-21_22-36-34.jpeg

upload_2019-1-21_22-36-34.png

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
FWIW if it came across like I was giving you a hard time, I wasn't. I just saw the comment about "hot Camaro's" and racing them. They are 12 sec cars stock. I was just trying to give you a chance when I was talking about the lift and tires.

OP
OP
jimlove9771

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retird
Ok. I have committed to regearing. I put $980 down to buy the parts. I’m taking the Jeep in Monday for installation. Labor will be $1000. I flip flopped again and got 4.88 ratio. I did this because I was not impressed enough with my measured results so far. It should be complete by Wednesday. Then we shall see precisely what I got for my money in regearing under these unique circumstances. YOU might want it for rock crawling and extreme off roading or you might want it for straight line acceleration (or you might not want it at all). Turn up your noses if you must because if I wanted max 0-60 I should never have upgraded to 35” tires. I wanted a comprimise between both worlds, Off road and street racing. Stupid? Probably, but that’s what I wanted.
Sponsored