First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr Mojito
Smokin hot Rubicon!
A couple questions if I may please:
Your new wheels what are all of the specs on them offset etc? Great look!
The KMC’s, are they raw or do they have a protective coating on them? Aluminum?
Do you know the exact weight of the wheel and tire together?
Tires Happy with them?
Link to where you purchased above wheels?
Where did you find your 69 phone mount?

Lot’s of questions but hey, that’s what you get for showing the “Eye Candy” LOL!!!
Excellent job!
@Mojito @dspilman @VolCntry73
Thank you!
Wheel Specs: 17" x 9" 5x127.00 -38 3.50 MACHINED finished, they are Aluminum. I do not believe the have a protective coating.
Tires 37x12.50x17 Yokohama Geolander G003 M/T. Very happy with the tires. I daily drive and a quiet tire was important. These are pretty quiet and ride well.
Beadlock wheels are very heavy, I didn't weigh them, but I knew they would be on the heavy side. Most beadlocks 45+ lbs.
Tires are right around 75 lbs each.
Im a partner in a shop, I ordered them through of our wholesale distributors.

Phone mount is from 67 Designs https://www.67d.com/collections/jl-...-mount-driver-edition-with-magmount-pack-jld2
Sponsored

Mojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Thanks so much!
I'm loving the Fresh Aluminum wheels BUT it does take me back to my race car days and those racing wheels that were a raw uncoated Aluminum.
After just a little while the Alum will start to get VERY dull and then you become a slave to polishing the damn things.
Then came out the Aluminum wheels from every manufacturer being the coated polished aluminum. The coating would come off with a awfull corrosion underneath like when a wheel weight came of of the rim.
I'm really wondering if these are something a bit different cuz I want them!!!
Loving the stance for sure. Gotta get those double cube spot lights up by the window pillars!
Thanks agai!

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
From KMC's site:

PAINTED, MACHINED AND CLEAR COATED WHEELS
All of our painted and machined wheels are permanently coated with a protective clearcoat, which provides added protection to the finish and surfaces of the wheel. Clearcoated wheels should be cleaned regularly using a soft, non-abrasive towel or brush along soap and water. Periodic application of a non-abrasive, non-carnauba sealant or high quality wax will help to resist brake dust and buildup of contamination on the wheel.

That said...they are a lot of work, especially in areas that have treated roads in the winter. To keep them looking great, it either requires a lot of cleaning or running "winter wheels and tires". But they do look awesome clean...as evident in these pictures.

OP
OP
TankCustomsAlex

TankCustomsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From KMC's site:

PAINTED, MACHINED AND CLEAR COATED WHEELS
All of our painted and machined wheels are permanently coated with a protective clearcoat, which provides added protection to the finish and surfaces of the wheel. Clearcoated wheels should be cleaned regularly using a soft, non-abrasive towel or brush along soap and water. Periodic application of a non-abrasive, non-carnauba sealant or high quality wax will help to resist brake dust and buildup of contamination on the wheel.

That said...they are a lot of work, especially in areas that have treated roads in the winter. To keep them looking great, it either requires a lot of cleaning or running "winter wheels and tires". But they do look awesome clean...as evident in these pictures.
Awesome! I thought they werent coated, makes me feel much better. I was worried, but was gonna try to maintain them as best as I could. Fortunately, they dont treat the roads here during winter time. I will do my best to keep them looking as new as possible.

Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Great rig! I'm curious how the ride is with the 37's especially on the highway. Would you recommend this setup for daily highway driving? How has the power been affected by the heavy wheel/tire combo? And lastly, how is braking with this setup? Thanks.

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
So far the mods that are set in stone (Ordered)
17" KMC Machete Beadlocks in a machined finish(He's still deciding what to do with the rings/caps)
37x12.50r17 Yokohama G003's
@ROAM Rock Rails/Steps(we installed those last night)
4.88 gears

I love the color as well, I wish it was available when I ordered my 4dr :crying:

20181214_175809~3.jpg

Looks amazing!!

OP
OP
TankCustomsAlex

TankCustomsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great rig! I'm curious how the ride is with the 37's especially on the highway. Would you recommend this setup for daily highway driving? How has the power been affected by the heavy wheel/tire combo? And lastly, how is braking with this setup? Thanks.
Thank you! I daily drive my Jeep and drive quite a bit every day. Ride quality hasn't been affected too much. I did notice power and braking effectiveness decrease, but still completely driveable. The 2 door is really fun to drive, I enjoy driving it every day. I personally wouldn't hesitate to go with this setup if I had to do it again.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
is that the budget boost or coil spring lift?
It's the budget boost (Spacer lift) for now. They didn't have a spring kit for the 2dr at the time we placed the order.

We have a few different 2.5" 4dr Springs from Rock Krawler, Rough Country, and ROAM that we may try out. Our fear is the lift will be too high/stiff with 4dr based springs.

Sponsored

Envy_Jeep

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It's the budget boost (Spacer lift) for now. They didn't have a spring kit for the 2dr at the time we placed the order.

We have a few different 2.5" 4dr Springs from Rock Krawler, Rough Country, and ROAM that we may try out. Our fear is the lift will be too high/stiff with 4dr based springs.
I thought the same thing....I put the rough country 2.5 coil kit for the 4 door on my wifes rubicon 2 door and it looks like a lowrider compared to this one.
5.jpg

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Alex. I am also in Texas. What are you doing with the front license plate? It's my understanding that it is required to be displayed by law here. I am trying to determine how to handle that before picking out my front bumper. Sweet rig!
Sponsored